Alright people who supposedly get full on 1200, how do you do it?

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    darton2010 wrote: »
    I can do 1200 a day consistently, I wasn't logging for months and started recently and found I was at 1175 consistently and have since bumped it up to 1200-1300 a day, I have plenty of energy now, never drink coffee or energy drinks like I used to and can go longer and harder than I used to, long story short protein is key. My typical day has 95-110g of protein, less than 56g of fat, 100-210% on iron and vitamins, carbs are usually around 90-110g there normally close to protein. All that from 1200-1300 cals a day. I have 3 eggs with sliced lunch meat in it scrambled every morning, than protein bars and some fruits or vegetables later in the day, After breakfast I eat every 2-3 hours depending on how hungry I am, it doesn't fully cure the hunger but takes the edge off to make me forget about it. At my heaviest weight I would fix 4 blocks of Ramon noodles, 4-5 slices of sliced lunch meat or 2-3 sliced hotdogs, 3-4 slices of cheese and I would fix all that together and eat it in one sitting, lol how many cals was that? I prob wouldn't want to know

You are a man you need at least ( minimum) of 1500 a day!!!!
    1200 is the minimum for women

• BWBTrish
    So i hope it is a lot more lol

As long as you dont weigh your food on a food scale you will never know lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    @PeachyCarol I couldn't agree more.....

Can I ask what sort of fats did you introduce that helped you. I am asking due to now time tinkering with macros myself.

Hope the question isn't taken as a thread derailment!!!

Thread derailment? I think it's thread re-railment! Too much snarkiness on both sides ("people claiming to be OK on 1200 are liars" "people needing more than 1200 are pigs" Jeesh!)

I found the same thing with good fats. I second the avocados, and add nuts, in reasonable portions. I try to get walnuts, in particular, most days because they have more omega-3s, which I want for non-weight-loss reasons. Peanut butter is also a frequent food that I find satiating.
  • BWBTrish
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Can I ask what sort of fats did you introduce that helped you. I am asking due to now time tinkering with macros myself.

Thread derailment? I think it's thread re-railment! Too much snarkiness on both sides ("people claiming to be OK on 1200 are liars" "people needing more than 1200 are pigs" Jeesh!)

I found the same thing with good fats. I second the avocados, and add nuts, in reasonable portions. I try to get walnuts, in particular, most days because they have more omega-3s, which I want for non-weight-loss reasons. Peanut butter is also a frequent food that I find satiating.

pardon me???
    why liars
    and i dont see any snarkiness in this post Just people helping and advising each other what and how to eat.

And some people are ok on 1200
    I wasnt but had no choice i had to. And am happy to be on more...funny part is i dont really eat more
    I just eat more dense
    So the 1% milk is now 2%
    the light dressing is normal dressing etc It is easy to go back and add those back in.

But why calling people liars in here?

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    ^^^ Thanks so much for the suggestions ladies about increasing my fat intake, much appreciated. <3

@BWBTrish I think @AnnePT77 was referring to earlier comments on page 3 where it was stated that people who cannot eat at 1200 comfortably were lacking in discipline and pigging out, directly followed by a 1 line post of those people doing 1200 OK "are lying".

Other than those the thread has been a gold, good information, sharing ways of tweaking meal timing, macros etc etc. Pictures of delicious meals. This thread has been great.
  • MrsEGreen
    MrsEGreen Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2015
    I eat under 1400 everyday, majority its 1200 or under. Ive never been a big eater, just ate the wrong foods and wasnt active enough. So when I started this (almost a month) I couldnt even log because it kept telling me i wasnt eating enough. I have oats for breakfast, a chicken salad for lunch and meat and veg for dinner and thats it. As im becoming more active im finding myself a little more peckish and might have hlaf a banana for morning tea and the other half for afternoon tea.
    I worry that if i try stuff myself to eat more and am only burning 200 calories most gym sessions i wont be burning as much as i eat so not sure what i should do about that.
    But yeah i just dont get hungry
    Hopefully I'm doing the right thing
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    I did it by graduating down. I kept my activity level high so it gave me 1700ish then I'd try to do a deficit. Each day id try and eat a little less. After two months I went to a moderate activity level which brought it down to 1400ish. I'd eat everything everyday. Then started slowly to create again that deficit. Then after two months I went to a sedentary level which alloys 1210. Now that being said, I'm a courier for fed ex I walk, ALOT. I load and unload freight and load trucks and planes. So this one is quite a bit trickier. I want to feed my body but I want to create a tiny deficit so I'm still workin that out. But anyhow long story short slow and steady graduate down.
  • BWBTrish
    MrsEGreen wrote: »
    I eat under 1400 everyday, majority its 1200 or under. Ive never been a big eater, just ate the wrong foods and wasnt active enough. So when I started this (almost a month) I couldnt even log because it kept telling me i wasnt eating enough. I have oats for breakfast, a chicken salad for lunch and meat and veg for dinner and thats it. As im becoming more active im finding myself a little more peckish and might have hlaf a banana for morning tea and the other half for afternoon tea.
    I worry that if i try stuff myself to eat more and am only burning 200 calories most gym sessions i wont be burning as much as i eat so not sure what i should do about that.

Well sorry to day so..its not healthy what your doing
    you are not fueling your body with enough nutrition when you under eat. And it is easily solved by eating some more densed food...so not more food but more calorie "rich" foods
    Like peanutbutter a spoon is easily 170 calories
    Avocado nuts etc

• tabl_23
    tabl_23 Posts: 46 Member
    I usually do a 2 day detox....especially if I'm experiencing heavy cravings and high hunger. Usually after a 2 day detox 1200 calories seems like a ton! But the 2 day detox sucks! But as long as I stay around 1200 calories...I don't need to do another detox. It's only when I over eat heavily for a period of days....like holidays eat.
  • tabl_23
    tabl_23 Posts: 46 Member
    tabl_23 wrote: »
    I usually do a 2 day detox....especially if I'm experiencing heavy cravings and high hunger. Usually after a 2 day detox 1200 calories seems like a ton! But the 2 day detox sucks! But as long as I stay around 1200 calories...I don't need to do another detox. It's only when I over eat heavily for a period of days....like holidays eat.

Notice....this is a detox.....not a fast. I do 1 day of vegetables only (excluding potatoes). 3.3 lbs.
    Then 1 day of only fruit (2.2 lbs)
  • hproctor02
    hproctor02 Posts: 20 Member
    Meats & Egg whites and Veggies! Chicken and rabbit are low in calories so you can munch away. Your vegies like broccoli, lettuce asparagus are very low too. And if course egg whites. They are lean, packed with natural protein and they look big on the plate. I'm currently between 900 and 1100callories a day depending on exercise and I NEVER feel full. But I do feel satisfied and well nurished. I also drink the muscle milk 100 cal drinks as snacks. They have 20grams of protein! Just a few things that I found fit!
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    edited August 2015
    This isn't a thread bashing you, it's me asking how do you manage it?? I get super hungry on that little a day, however I'm wanting to try it again. What are your typical meals? Do you ever feel famished?

In answer to your questions. How do I manage it? I make it my daily pledge. A pledge is a promise that I cant break, no matter how hard it gets.
    You say you get super hungry - ask yourself these questions - how hungry are you? Is it real stomach hunger or emotional hunger or are your taste buds hungry for something you crave with your mind? Are you eating enough? Are their certain foods that make you feel more hungry?
    I practice mindful eating. This makes me more aware of when I am truly hungry. I dont stuff myself to fullness anymore. I eat very slowly and I eat to half-full which is enough for my body to function and still meets my daily calorie requirement.
    I dont have typical meals and I eat what I want (within reason and with limitation). I enjoy every.single.bite. Food should be enjoyed :)
    For health reasons I try not to go overboard with foods that are high in saturated fat or sugar.
    I never feel famished. If for example I feel hungry before bed, I will have a yogurt to make the hunger pangs go away so I can have a good sleep.

• BWBTrish
    tabl_23 wrote: »

my liver and kidneys detox my body

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    edited August 2015
    BWBTrish wrote: »

pardon me???
    why liars
    and i dont see any snarkiness in this post Just people helping and advising each other what and how to eat.

No, no! Not what I meant to say at all - sorry if I wasn't clear. Your point is exactly my point: Why insults or name-calling?

It was earlier in the thread - some other folks saying things like people who claimed to eat 1200 happily must be liars, someone else saying people eating over 1200 must be pigging out, more or less. I was just expressing my happiness that the thread was back on the rails, getting away from name-calling & such, because for a while there it looked like it was going that route!

@HippySkoppy, I'm glad you understood, since I was directly responding to your post. Apologies to any innocent party who was offended!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I'm at 1300 today. I would have been full on 1200, I used at least 100 calories of PB2 in my protein fluff which doesn't need it.

Oh, and that's how I get full. High volume: veg, protein, and that protein fluff
  • BWBTrish

pardon me???
    why liars

No, no! Not what I meant to say at all - sorry if I wasn't clear. Your point is exactly my point: Why insults or name-calling?

It was earlier in the thread - some other folks saying things like people who claimed to eat 1200 happily must be liars, someone else saying people eating over 1200 must be pigging out, more or less. I was just expressing my happiness that the thread was back on the rails, getting away from name-calling & such, because for a while there it looked like it was going that route!

@HippySkoppy, I'm glad you understood, since I was directly responding to your post. Apologies to any innocent party who was offended!

oh oke lol sorry :)

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    14c5ds1.jpg

me on 1200 calories ;p

nah, actually this is my cat. yesterday i wasn't much above 1200. i vary wildly.
  • MrsEGreen
    edited August 2015

you are not fueling your body with enough nutrition when you under eat. And it is easily solved by eating some more densed food...so not more food but more calorie "rich" foods
    Avocado nuts etc

Any recommendations to what i could add to my daily intake to help with my weight loss and fuel for my body.
    Keep in mind im in recovery from a mastectomy and abdominal reconstruction so im only burning 200 calories each gym session which is 4 or 5 days a week.
    I dont want to eat too much more when im not burning much
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member

Avocado nuts etc

Any recommendations to what i could add to my daily intake to help with my weight loss and fuel for my body.
    Keep in mind im in recovery from a mastectomy and abdominal reconstruction so im only burning 200 calories each gym session which is 4 or 5 days a week.

you don't, very technically, need to exercise to lose weight. if you're in recovery, your best interests may lie in just recovering. i have a torn acl and lcl and sometimes can barely walk...so i don't do much exercise.

it's best to watch what you eat. and i believe people gave some good options here, high lean protein, moderate fat, few processed foods, lots of veggies...lots of whole foods. if you are having trouble meeting calorie goals, eat some calorie-dense foods like avocado (i learned to like it, lol), bananas, peanut butter, potatoes and sweet potatoes, corn...i believe there is a list of calorie-dense foods on here somewhere, but i don't have the link handy. i'm sorry.
  • MrsEGreen
    T

Avocado nuts etc

you don't, very technically, need to exercise to lose weight. if you're in recovery, your best interests may lie in just recovering. i have a torn acl and lcl and sometimes can barely walk...so i don't do much exercise.

it's best to watch what you eat. and i believe people gave some good options here, high lean protein, moderate fat, few processed foods, lots of veggies...lots of whole foods. if you are having trouble meeting calorie goals, eat some calorie-dense foods like avocado (i learned to like it, lol), bananas, peanut butter, potatoes and sweet potatoes, corn...i believe there is a list of calorie-dense foods on here somewhere, but i don't have the link handy. i'm sorry.

Thanks heaps
    Im going to keep trying to add the banana, maybe add some more veg for lunch and eventually a peanut butter smoothie