"Moment at the lips, lifetime at the hips"

There've been a few occasions where people have said this to me whilst eating something typically considered 'unhealthy' and I hate it. Firstly, it's just plain wrong. Secondly, what do people think gives them a right to shame my food choices when they have no clue about my diet or goals or anything. Ugh, it just frustrates me.

Just wondering if it annoys anyone else?

Replies

• Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Yes, me too. I completely spoils my enjoyment of the treat... My ex used to do this a lot and I then felt like a huge whale and made things worse for me.

I also hate, "Don't you think you've had enough?".
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Ah one of the most sanctimonious thongs that people say to others as "helpful advice".
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I just ate a Hershey's snack-size milk chocolate bar. An equal amount of calories will be gone from my hips (or somewhere on my body) when I take my evening walk. Hangry people just love to drag everyone else down with them, don't they?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    You need to learn to throat punch!
    byw84a6mpi5j.gif
  • Pinesgurl
    Pinesgurl Posts: 39 Member
    I hate " Oh, I'm watching MY carbs"! Well, people, so am I, just not at this particular moment. ;)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    mlokie wrote: »
    I hate " Oh, I'm watching MY carbs"! Well, people, so am I, just not at this particular moment. ;)

I'm watching my carbs GET IN MAH BELLEH.
    92d71422d374b35d2a7f935fb4e98269.500x213x18.gif
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    I haven't heard this in a long time, but I do recall when it was popular. I had a fried years ago scold me for eating chips at a Mexican lunch because "they are fattening".
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    there are numerous such quotes and sayings that annoy the hell out of me because they're just plain wrong or don't make much sense or are just generally stupid...

see earlier discussion on "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"...fecking stupid.
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Word. Not sure why so many people don't understand the concept of minding ones own business.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    there are numerous such quotes and sayings that annoy the hell out of me because they're just plain wrong or don't make much sense or are just generally stupid...

see earlier discussion on "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"...fecking stupid.

Yeah, I hate that one.

Lots of things taste better.

And who says I want to be skinny? LOL
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    I also don't understand why people think making it sound all cutesy makes it more acceptable. Not only are you saying something incredibly rude, but you're also talking to me like I'm a toddler.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2015
    f8u5zu3j3ne9.jpg

Thongs, gotta love 'em, LOL

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    One of those phrases that is very punch worthy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    WT!!!!!?? I CAN"T UNSEE this! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
  • queenliz99
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I'm so sorry, so did I. I changed the pic so we didn't have a whole thread about people and horrible taste in humor.
  • Liftng4Lis
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I'm so sorry, so did I. I changed the pic so we didn't have a whole thread about people and horrible taste in humor.

Snort! Still laughing!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    What are you all talking about? What's wrong with thongs?

productimage_510_thumb.jpg?width=300&height=300&nostretch
  • queenliz99
    misskarne wrote: »
    What are you all talking about? What's wrong with thongs?

productimage_510_thumb.jpg?width=300&height=300&nostretch

My mind is forever in the gutter. I need help, LOL
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I actually kinda agree with the saying just because it's often not worth it to spend 400 calories on something eaten in 30 seconds (which I still do, mind you, but I usually think twice about it when I do it, lol), but it's extremely rude to say that to someone. Sorry it happened to you!