Weight Goals for women between 5 feet 11 and 6 feet tall.

Options

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 165 right now, I would like to be 145.
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11' ish... Depends on who measures. My last weigh in was 206, and my SW was 212 on June 30th. My first goal is 175lbs. If I can get there and maintain for a little while, I may try to get to 150, which was my lowest weight about 3 years ago. Good luck with your goals! It would be nice to know us tall girls are having success too! :smile:

Anyone can add me if they want, I like having friends to motivate me/who I can help motivate. :drinker:
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and pregnant (due in Sept) so my current weight is pretty useless. I was 187 before I got pregnant, and I felt like I looked pretty nice. I carry a lot of my weight in my midsection, so if I wore the right clothes I looked good. Not thin, but okay. I was 155-160 when I got married, and I looked really good (although my insecure youthful self thought I was fat LOL). So, after 5 c-sections, I am shooting for 165. To be my size and wear a size 8 dress is what I hope to attain.
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am 5 11", starting weight 297, current weight 279. Goal weight about 185. I have a large frame muscular build, never been below about 220 since puberty. I don't mind being on the upper end of healthy since I tend to have pretty good blood work regardless.
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10

SW: 178
    CW: 148
    GW: 145

I never felt fat at 178 but do feel much better at 148. Everyone has a different body type - mine is more hourglass which means I have lost weight equally all over my body. I am ok sitting something in the 140s and focusing more on toning now (flabby arms and lowers abs). My legs seems to have toned much faster and upper abs are doing better too.
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0, 277lbs right now. I've been eating clean for 23 days now. Trying to make my way to 190. I miss my sexy.
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that 190 is good for me since I have had 4 kids.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I'm aiming for 170, but I dunno if that's a solid goal. After 200, I'll re-evaluate my goals :)
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.5" with a goal to get from 230 to one-derland by October. Once I'm at 199, I'll set my final goal. At age 50, I'm thinking this will be 185ish. But goal #1 first. Already down to 221. Slow and steady progress is what I'm hoping for.

Good luck to everyone. Love all the amazons here!! You all look wonderful.
  • DaniYelli27
    DaniYelli27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would look at your BMI. In 5'8 and 155 currently (was 160, aiming for 145).
  • JaeSky
    JaeSky Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 182cm (which is between 5'11" and 6') and my initial goal is 80kg (about 175lb).

I do think it depends on the person though... I think you just need to keep checking in with yourself regularly and think about your comfort levels at your current weight... whether it's 190, 140 or somewhere in between your body will let you know what's comfortable and natural for you.

Personally, setting my goal weight any lower than that is scary, even though it's at the higher end of 'normal weight' for my height because despite being technically obese, I have a curvy hourglass figure that hides that (I still look overweight of course, but I doubt anyone would have me down as morbidly obese) so I feel as though I'd look too drawn and skinny at te lower end of the scale... on the other hand, I do have fairly skinny wrists/fingers/ankles for my height, which kind of suggests that under all the curves and excess weight I have a small frame... so maybe once I'm down to that weight I'll change my mind and want to lose a little more.

(Sorry for the ramble, but I just got overexcited about a thread aimed at people my height, haha)
  • jswede1149
    jswede1149 Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This is a great thread. I am 6'1" and currently 166 pounds. I started at 300 pounds 4 years ago. I am at 29% body fat. I would like to hit 150 and 24% body fat. I am thin enough that I fit into a juniors XL dress. While I see weight loss in my mid-section, I am struggling to lose the last of the belly fat. If I lose weight elsewhere, I will appear underweight. I am mixing up my exercising from sole walking (9,400 miles) to rock and mountain climbing, snow shoeing, cross country skiing and TRX training.

My biggest frustration is how clothes fit especially in the chest area. I have a dress and a few sleeveless shirts that have extra material protruding from the arm pit area due to this issue =(.
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Love this thread!
    Mine are:
    SW: 167
    CW: 159
    GW: 145

5'10"
  • KateRMcCarrell
    KateRMcCarrell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 with a very large bone structure. My goal is 215lbs. Im currently down almost 100lbs. (Starting weight 353)
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10.5 and my goal is 185 or a comfortable size 12, whichever comes first. I prefer to set goals by my body than by the scale. 180 with a lot of muscle will look totally different than 180 with a high percentage of body fat. I'm down to 240 from 315.
  • Daisylee87
    Daisylee87 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft 1... Started at 331 a month ago and down to 313.6... Yay! I'd be happy to get down to 190... That's my goal for now... But we will see if how it goes when I hit that... And maybe lose a few more or just go from there
  • apm88
    apm88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and my ideal goal is to get into onederland! But the dream number in my head is 190.
  • Agarland34
    Agarland34 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and starting over again. SW 236, GW 185. My first goal is to get below 220. Wishing all of you the best!!!
  • marmeer25
    marmeer25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1". I started at 243 (my heaviest was 260's) and made my first goal to be under 200. I am almost there (CW is 201)!! I think I'll now work at 10 pounds at a time and see what what my body tells me. I am thinking maybe 175? I still have a lot that I can lose! Currently almost into size 16/17 (brands are all cut so differently!) I think maybe I'll try for size 12? I have one sister who is 6'2" and about 165, and another who is 5'11 and about 150. Would love to have tall friends - feel free to add me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!