I love Sugar.

Options
2»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    bhanvi wrote: »
    Please recommend healthier/low calorie sweets/treats. :)
    Other than fruits.

None I can think of until sweets and carbs get a divorce. :)

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I love fiber One bars too
    But also ice cream
    my every evening popcorn

And sorry but my fruit...but i freeze them...they are yummie frozen :)
  • emereey
    emereey Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Not very healthy, but if you need a "candy" sort of fix.... Sugar free jello + grapes. Rinse grapes to get wet, dip/swirl in the sugar free jello (the powder) of your choice. Tastes like sour patch kids. YUM.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    emereey wrote: »
    Not very healthy, but if you need a "candy" sort of fix.... Sugar free jello + grapes. Rinse grapes to get wet, dip/swirl in the sugar free jello (the powder) of your choice. Tastes like sour patch kids. YUM.

oh yes those are yummie too...and again i freeze them so i have ice-lollies :)

• bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Publix sells them for sure and just ask your local grocery stores. I heard they really taste like cotton candy. Im going to be getting some tomorrow to try. :) because I love cotton candy!
    yummm...I would be looking out for those.

• bhanvi
    Options
    BWBTrish wrote: »
    I love fiber One bars too
    But also ice cream
    my every evening popcorn

And sorry but my fruit...but i freeze them...they are yummie frozen :)
    I have heard about frozen grapes tasting delicious.Haven't tried myself.But I definitely would. :)
  • bhanvi
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    For a sweet fix: Quest bars, Think Thin bars, flavored greek yogurt (or try plain with fruit, maybe), even oatmeal with protein powder in a flavor you enjoy.

For less sweet snacks that might cut the desire for sweet -- pickle, cheese, nuts (ideally a little salty), popcorn.
    Oatmeal with protein powder is an excellent idea.Wow!! Thank you so much.I have some vanilla flavoured protein powder.That should be yummy. *_*
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    SF jello. SF ice cream. Crystal light. I myself eat dark chocolate nearly every day and that often helps with cravings during the day -- knowing that at the end of the day I get chocolate. Greek yogurt. Oatmeal with cocoa and a little sweetener of choice. Lately, SF Popsicles.
  • CactusFlower527
    CactusFlower527 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Other than fruits.

I feel your pain. Allow yourself treats, just watch portions. I've frozen containers of 100 calorie yogurt and eat it like ice cream.

• CactusFlower527
    CactusFlower527 Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Aaaahhh...I dont know why my full replies aren't showing up...
    Where do I find cotton candy flavoured grapes.

They've just started selling them at our grocery stores ... but they may not be available every where. They are LOADED with sugar though.......................a serving is half a cup (not many) and 14 grams of sugar... plugging in 2 servings of those (I was having a rough day) caused my MFP app to crash on my phone with sugar gram warning. - grin
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    How about a home-made fruit smoothie? It can be very filling too.
    I have also heard that if you are craving something sweet, you should eat something sour like a dill pickle or something with vinegar and it will kill the sweet craving. I have to try that myself sometime....
  • bhanvi
    Options
    50andfabu wrote: »
    How about a home-made fruit smoothie? It can be very filling too.
    I have also heard that if you are craving something sweet, you should eat something sour like a dill pickle or something with vinegar and it will kill the sweet craving. I have to try that myself sometime....
    Really? Wow I should try that.I get these crazy sugar cravings that make me want to eat a 2 pound cheese cake.lol. I hope that works,will try it.thankyou :)
  • bhanvi
    Options
    Other than fruits.

I feel your pain. Allow yourself treats, just watch portions. I've frozen containers of 100 calorie yogurt and eat it like ice cream.

Yesss *_* So I ate vanilla flavoured yogurt yesterday and it satisfied my craving like an ice-cream would. :)

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love frozen yogurt mmmmmmmm. Oh and PB2 mixed with greek yogurt is my new favorite treat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Other than fruits.

Why no fruit? I'm eating much less baked goods and added sugar but not craving sugar as I am getting some sugar (but much less calories) from fruit.

Also, I know a Bhavani and keep seeing your name Bhanvi as Bhavani, lol.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Other than fruits.

Why no fruit? I'm eating much less baked goods and added sugar but not craving sugar as I am getting some sugar (but much less calories) from fruit.

Also, I know a Bhavani and keep seeing your name Bhanvi as Bhavani, lol.
    Oh hahaha :D I wish I knew someone who had my name.lol it's so weird. And eating fruits is kind of a struggle for me.lol.Even though they are sweet they don't satisfy my sweet tooth unless ofcourse it's a mango *_*.So my mother usually force feeds me fruits XD