Eating 3500-4000 carlories a day

Options
2»

Replies

• Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    For lunch you can make a nice sandwich on multi grain bread (240 cals), real mayo (about 180 cals), about 115g deli roast beef (170 cals), 2 slices regular swiss cheese (140 cals) and about 60g of sliced avocado (160ish cals) and have single serve chocolate milk like TruMoo chocolate shake (190 cals). That is 997 calories. I could eat that without thinking twice.

Snack on mixed nuts. They are so easy to overeat a normal portion and are pretty high in calories.

Meat! Make a delish 1/2 hamburger with 8oz. ground chuck. The meat alone is about 580 calories. That is raw weight. It will cook down. Some cheese, bacon, avocado, tomato. Butter the bun and grill it face down. That's over 200 calories just in butter and your burger will be amazing. In the other half meat (assuming you got a pound) season it and cook it then chop it up. Fill a tupperware with mashed potatoes and put the meat over it and some gravy and microwave that for lunch.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you.
  • jdburton
    jdburton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend animal products because those aren't healthy & are going to totally mess up your insides and could cause discomfort especially if you're trying to reach 3500-4000 calories and that would require eating lots of yogurt for example and that just.. no, doesn't seem pleasant.
    so anyways, try
    rice, cereal's like pine nuts, granola, nuts and nut butters, seeds, avocado, bread with seeds//oats, dates ( super high calorie )

This is just silly nonsense!! I would load up on proteins like lean beef, lamb, chicken, turkey as well as great carbs like potatoes and avocados, nuts, etc. Keep your fats at about 30% of overall calorie count.

Happy eating!!

It's not nonsense? Sorry that I'm even talking about veganism.
    I'm just saying, it's possible to gain weight, become healthy and save animals all at the same time. If you had to gain weight wouldn't you rather do both then selfishly gain weight on products like cheese ( pls tell me how loading your stomach and liver full of pus, fat, lard and fatty meat is " right " & going to make someone healthily gain weight but eating vegan is nonsense? I'm just stating facts. milk has over 10,000 pus cells in one 8 oz serving. healthy? k. )

You are not stating facts. You are quoting some documentary you watched on Netflix and taking their advice blindly. I eat 50% of my 3,000 calories a day from fats. I am no longer on medication for cholesterol or high blood pressure. And my stomach and liver are fine. My liver has actually improved over a three year period of eating a high fat low carb diet.
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have to try to eat between 3500 and 4000 calories a day, as a can't gain any weight eating less, but I'm struggling to get to this calorie intake. Wondering if anyone had any idea of food to eat that is high in calories and easy to do and be able to take for lunch in work? Thanks in advance for any help.

Peanut butter! :) May i please know what's your current heigh and weight and what's your target weight gain weekly?

• devildogheath
    devildogheath Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Milk, coconut oil, peanut butter, rice, bread, raw almonds, and of course, super mass gainers.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend animal products because those aren't healthy & are going to totally mess up your insides and could cause discomfort especially if you're trying to reach 3500-4000 calories and that would require eating lots of yogurt for example and that just.. no, doesn't seem pleasant.
    so anyways, try
    rice, cereal's like pine nuts, granola, nuts and nut butters, seeds, avocado, bread with seeds//oats, dates ( super high calorie )

Nonsense.

OP, aim for fattier cuts of red meat, cook foods in EVOO or butter, avocado, nuts (especially a few servings of trail mix), high calorie protein shakes, high calorie protein bars, add cheese to a lot of things, high sugar fruits (go bananas!!!), full fat dairy (some greek yogurts at 200+ calories), ice cream, pizza and use lots of marinades on foods.

So you get to call "nonsense" on someone just for offering a difference of opinion and not get to be flagged because you're a moderator?

Tinyfruitprincess offers vegetable based alternates which are just as valid. Respect to her for holding to her convictions.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »
    so anyways, try

Nonsense.

OP, aim for fattier cuts of red meat, cook foods in EVOO or butter, avocado, nuts (especially a few servings of trail mix), high calorie protein shakes, high calorie protein bars, add cheese to a lot of things, high sugar fruits (go bananas!!!), full fat dairy (some greek yogurts at 200+ calories), ice cream, pizza and use lots of marinades on foods.

So you get to call "nonsense" on someone just for offering a difference of opinion and not get to be flagged because you're a moderator?

Tinyfruitprincess offers vegetable based alternates which are just as valid. Respect to her for holding to her convictions.

No, I called the bold nonsense because there is no studies that would back her claim that "animal products aren't healthy and totally mess up your insides" .

I have no issue with the person being vegan or eating a plant based diet. In fact, I am very tolerant to people choosing a diet style of their choice and commonly promote that throughout. But there is a huge different between calling someone a name and calling a post nonsense. If the person would like to refute the claim with some scientific papers to justify her claim, I would be glad to read them. But it sounds more like a personal agenda than anything else.

Also, you may not be able to flag a moderator but you can report our post.
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    when I was in college and cycled like a lunatic I would have a quart of hagen dazs as desert for dinner... 1200 Calories right there (but quiet a bit of saturated fat though).
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »
    so anyways, try

Nonsense.

She made false claims about what animal products do within the human body. That is what she was called out for by multiple people.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    ikn5w9960w0i.jpg

:lol: I'm laughing way too hard at this
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so anyways, try

This is just silly nonsense!! I would load up on proteins like lean beef, lamb, chicken, turkey as well as great carbs like potatoes and avocados, nuts, etc. Keep your fats at about 30% of overall calorie count.

Happy eating!!

I'm just saying, it's possible to gain weight, become healthy and save animals all at the same time. If you had to gain weight wouldn't you rather do both then selfishly gain weight on products like cheese ( pls tell me how loading your stomach and liver full of pus, fat, lard and fatty meat is " right " & going to make someone healthily gain weight but eating vegan is nonsense? I'm just stating facts. milk has over 10,000 pus cells in one 8 oz serving. healthy? k. )

you do know that not eating meat doesn't actually save animals right?

secondly- animal products do not mess you up. And they aren't unhealthy.

If you want to bulk without animal products- ice cream yourself into the biggest surplus you need to get the gains you want, but to blatantly lie- is just absurd. And will not be tolerated.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    so anyways, try

Happy eating!!

you do know that not eating meat doesn't actually save animals right?

secondly- animal products do not mess you up. And they aren't unhealthy.

If you want to bulk without animal products- ice cream yourself into the biggest surplus you need to get the gains you want, but to blatantly lie- is just absurd. And will not be tolerated.

the best case scenario involves creating a demand for alternative products, and lessening the demand for animal products.

And on a personal note-

I find the fearmongering about animal products really destructive. My son (on the autism spectrum) eats a ton of dairy. As do many children with sensory disorders, cheese/milk tends to be a staple food for them.

He cant do dairy substitutes, (taste/texture/smell)... and I really dont like hearing that I am feeding my child basically poison 3x a day.

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Thank you psulemon for your reply.
  • sharhealth
    sharhealth Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 3000 calories right now - I could eat around 3500 by just adding in a few higher calorie beverages and spreads, etc.,
    Check out my diary if you wish
  • bubblegirl57
    bubblegirl57 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to try to eat between 3500 and 4000 calories a day, as a can't gain any weight eating less, but I'm struggling to get to this calorie intake. Wondering if anyone had any idea of food to eat that is high in calories and easy to do and be able to take for lunch in work? Thanks in advance for any help.

Peanut butter! :) May i please know what's your current heigh and weight and what's your target weight gain weekly?

My height is 5'8 my current weight is 52kg, but need to get to up to about 55kg
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    so anyways, try

Happy eating!!

You're 18. I give you 3 months before you change your mind and focus on some other interest.

Nothing wrong with being vegan, but there is problem with being a preachy. It's equally as irritating as people trying to pass their religious beliefs off onto others when they haven't asked for it.