Alli vs ITworks Fat fighters

Options
Has anyone else taken the product Alli, or the Itworks fat fighters; while eating healthy and exercising at the same time? Any results?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    How about you just do the "eating healthy and exercising" part of the equation and save your money by not buying pills and potions?

Also, Alli will make you poo your pants.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Alli will make you poop yourself if you eat more than the reccomended dose of fat. So if you want a product that works by punishing you, akin to following you around with a stick but more embarrasing, give it a go. Even without going over on fat, there's the 'oily discharge' to deal with.

It Works, on the other hand is a total scam.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How about you just do the "eating healthy and exercising" part of the equation and save your money by not buying pills and potions?

Truth
  • ValerieGaniron
    ValerieGaniron Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt well that's what I've been doing, but my doctor told me I'm not losing it as fast as he would like. And told me to try one of the other. (I've lost almost 17lbs in 46ish days)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt well that's what I've been doing, but my doctor told me I'm not losing it as fast as he would like. And told me to try one of the other. (I've lost almost 17lbs in 46ish days)

If your doctor recommended those products to you, then you need a new doctor.

Also, what's the rush? Why does he want you to lose weight so quickly rather than at a sustainable pace?

*Edit: Your profile says you only have 34 lbs left to lose. You are fine. Shoot for 1 lb - .5 lb per week and skip the snake oil pills.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Then you've got this and your doctor is a *kitten*

Keep doing what you're doing
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Is this a medical doctor?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You're losing a little over two pounds a week......................which is considered SAFE weight loss. Don't let your doctor dictate how fast he wants you to lose weight. Which is probably why he's trying to get you to buy products he probably SELLS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Yeah, no self respecting doctor would recommend either of those products, and 17lbs in 46 days is very respectable. 2.5lbs a week is very healthy and sustainable.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

You're doing great and your doctor is a special sort of stupid. Alli has some of the worst side effects on the market (I mean oily discharge and popping your pants? No thanks) and ItWorks is by far one of the worst scams out there.

You, on the other hand, are doing great. Congrats on the 17lbs and keep it up with eating at a calorie deficit and losing at a reasonable rate!
  • carrieross733
    carrieross733 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I've taken Alli and yes, it will make you poop your pants...I took it years ago and that's the main reason I stopped. Even if you don't accidently **** yourself, you still have oily anal leakage.

Just eat healthy and exercise and don't waste your money on gimmicks
  • ValerieGaniron
    ValerieGaniron Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @3dogsrunning @rabbitjb @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt yes he's a medical doctor. My husbands military, so he's an army doctor. Well he has the rumor of "hating fat people" so that's maybe a reason he's pushing me to lose it faster. I started at 246lbs and I'm currently at 229lbs. Obviously it's not where I'd like to be, and I guess he's just supplying me with ways to "help" on top of what I'm already doing
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, why does your doctor want you to lose so fast? Forgive me if it comes off as rude, but your profile pic looks great!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Trust me - those products will not lighten anything but your wallet. Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing great. Tell your doctor where he can stick his pills, because you've got this.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    @3dogsrunning @rabbitjb @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt yes he's a medical doctor. My husbands military, so he's an army doctor. Well he has the rumor of "hating fat people" so that's maybe a reason he's pushing me to lose it faster. I started at 246lbs and I'm currently at 229lbs. Obviously it's not where I'd like to be, and I guess he's just supplying me with ways to "help" on top of what I'm already doing

He clearly needs a perspective change. You're doing wonderful and he needs to stop promoting bad habits and MLM garbage. Keep your logging tight and keep reasonable goals in mind (like 1 lb per week). You got this! If you're not doing so already, start moving more and drink lots of water.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You could try seeing a doctor that doesn't hate his patients. That guy's so full of sh1t... Maybe he's the one who should be taking Ali
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    It's a common misconception that MDs have a clue when it comes to weight loss. In reality, it forms a miniscule part of their training. Keep doing what you're doing. You're doing great.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You could try seeing a doctor that doesn't hate his patients. That guy's so full of sh1t... Maybe he's the one who should be taking Ali

x2
  • Alatariel75
    Options

x2

X3. Doctors can be just as flawed in their prejudices as anyone else.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Why does your profile say you've gained 16 pounds?