Alli vs ITworks Fat fighters

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    @3dogsrunning @rabbitjb @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt yes he's a medical doctor. My husbands military, so he's an army doctor. Well he has the rumor of "hating fat people" so that's maybe a reason he's pushing me to lose it faster. I started at 246lbs and I'm currently at 229lbs. Obviously it's not where I'd like to be, and I guess he's just supplying me with ways to "help" on top of what I'm already doing

Why does your profile say you've gained 16 pounds?

It says she's lost 16lbs and has 34 more to go.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    His wife probably sells It(doesn't) Works, just saying... Since you are a military wife, you should have use of the military gym. Hell, ask your husband if he can help! If you are friends with his CoC, see if they can help with your exercise!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else taken the product Alli, or the Itworks fat fighters; while eating healthy and exercising at the same time? Any results?

Valerie,

Forget about the weight loss pills and eat at a calorie deficit. They are 100% unnecessary and will only work if you eat at a calorie deficit.

That's it.
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    Can you go to a different doctor off base? Or are you in another country? If in another country, that would be difficult, but you can get referrals off post.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    God. No. Neither of them will help you lose faster. All you will lose faster is YOUR MONEY.

The fact that a doctor is recommending this....MAKES ME HULK RAGE.

Check @shell1005 off list of people to sell MLMs to....got it.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    @3dogsrunning @rabbitjb @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt yes he's a medical doctor. My husbands military, so he's an army doctor. Well he has the rumor of "hating fat people" so that's maybe a reason he's pushing me to lose it faster. I started at 246lbs and I'm currently at 229lbs. Obviously it's not where I'd like to be, and I guess he's just supplying me with ways to "help" on top of what I'm already doing

Oh no. You need a new doctor. You don't need one that is rumored to hate fat people.

Is that you at 229 lbs in the avatar? You don't look very big to me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I took phen/fen in the 90s and while it worked incredibly well, it wasn't worth the risk of messing up my heart. It didn't teach me healthy eating habits, and I gained all the weight back after Fenfluramine was taken off the market. So that was it for me for diet pills.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Actually, there appears to be a discrepancy between the app and the website (shocked, SHOCKED!!). When my tablet leads me to the app, it shows this:

8uzpsj8pda3a.jpg

When I requested the desktop site, I saw the "lost 16, 34 to go."

Anyhoo.

Still curious why your goal is lower than what you are suggesting you actually want to lose.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Actually, there appears to be a discrepancy between the app and the website (shocked, SHOCKED!!). When my tablet leads me to the app, it shows this:

8uzpsj8pda3a.jpg

When I requested the desktop site, I saw the "lost 16, 34 to go."

Anyhoo.

Still curious why your goal is lower than what you are suggesting you actually want to lose.

I figured that is what you were seeing, just clarifying so there was no need to log in on a computer. I hate the way the app works differently than the website.

• ValerieGaniron
    ValerieGaniron Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @Kimegatron were only here for 6 more months then my husbands out and we're moving from Alaska to Ohio! Real doctors!! (:
    @shell1005 love the hulk reference HAHA!
    @SLLRunner thank you! I have been cutting my calories, and exercising for the last 46 days !
    @jayliospecky oh no! it shouldn't say I've gained any!! I've lost weight!
    && thank you everyone for the encouraging words!
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    Congrats on him getting out! And not having 30 days of night! Will you miss riding polar bears, though? Anyways, I feel like this doctor might be off his rocker. He may not be up with the times. If he is a fat hater, then he got into the wrong profession, seriously!
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    @marissafit06 @jayliospecky I started at 246, and my goal at the moment is to get to 190. I'm currently 229.6 and so I should have 39.4 to lose still.
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    @Kimegatron I have to say I have never polar bear rode lol but now dog mushing that's a different story, and I'll be ready to leave the negative degree weather and 3m of dark! Lol && it's weird because he isn't skinny his self, now his wife is super skinny so maybe he just like skinny women lol
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    Congrats on him getting out! And not having 30 days of night! Will you miss riding polar bears, though? Anyways, I feel like this doctor might be off his rocker. He may not be up with the times. If he is a fat hater, then he got into the wrong profession, seriously!

But the moose are in Alaska!
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    @kkenseth there are tons of moose! But they are horrible in the winter when it's dark all day, that's when most accidents happen that involve the moose! :(
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    @kkenseth there are tons of moose! But they are horrible in the winter when it's dark all day, that's when most accidents happen that involve the moose! :(

I know. They were a pain in the butt, but I loved them none the less. Alaska is so beautiful.
  • SLLRunner
    edited August 2015
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

But the moose are in Alaska!

If you ever want to watch the moose, take a trip to Klamath, California. They have a moose crossing, and the moose hang out as if they own the town. They even have their own pond in a park area. When my guy and I were traveling up there a few years back, we went to the pond and watched the moose activity in the water. It was fascinating as anything.

• Kimegatron
    Options
    I want a baby moose.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    I want a baby moose.

Yes, please.