non supportive people

Options

Replies

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing staying at around 1100-1200 calories a day ((1630..target)) I have been full all day with what I'm eating !!

Just because you are physically full doesn't mean you are getting enough nutrients to properly run your body.
  • williamsmommy0823
    williamsmommy0823 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This was not a post to start drama . I'm just stating my issues I'll eat more if I need to but I am full now sure maybe later some friut but not now
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    This was not a post to start drama . I'm just stating my issues I'll eat more if I need to but I am full now sure maybe later some friut but not now

I like to call the first few days (sometimes up to 2 weeks) the honeymoon period. You can coast calorie-wise for a while. No harm as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy. But just remember that it's not sustainable.

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Ticker says you have 66lbs to lose. Fuel your body and eat up your allotted calories. You need em to keep going. Averaging in a week if that helps. There are days that I will eat over my calories and then there are days that are a tad less.
    don't talk about your diet to your family. They've probably seen it too many times and then that gives them an excuse to "help you" along the way. Just do what you do and like was posted above, the results will show and speak for yourself. :)
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have family that rolls their eyes at me if I even mention weightloss or exercise...and this is after I've now lost almost 70 lbs very slowly...one of the other ladies on here nailed it, most people are jealous of your success, or even maybe intimidated by your efforts. But it's your life, your body, your diet...only you are going to be able to do this, with or without their support. Chin up, you CAN do it! xoxo
  • williamsmommy0823
    Options
    Thanks ladies
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I know people in here are saying that she should eat more, but you also need to consider how she records her food. If she only uses measuring cups or eyeballs it, aiming for 1100 to 1200 isn't bad because she could actually be taking in more calories based on those estimations which will most likely end up putting her at her 1600 goal. However, if she weighs everything on a food scale to the gram, then yes, she should be consuming more calories. My allowance is 1200 and I think I've only been below that twice when I wasn't feeling very well. Food is fuel.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Shell I'm not purposely eating that its just a good amount I'm not hungry at the end of the day !! So why should I eat more if I'm not hungry
    Becayse you eat for nutrition as well or most people do. Anorexics imagine they dont feel hungry either. You are probably eating more than you think anyway Its one thing ignoring family member but you should still check you are at healthy levels.

• allaboutthecake
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    I know people in here are saying that she should eat more, but you also need to consider how she records her food. If she only uses measuring cups or eyeballs it, aiming for 1100 to 1200 isn't bad because she could actually be taking in more calories based on those estimations which will most likely end up putting her at her 1600 goal. However, if she weighs everything on a food scale to the gram, then yes, she should be consuming more calories. My allowance is 1200 and I think I've only been below that twice when I wasn't feeling very well. Food is fuel.

Good point!

OP - are you weighing your food & logging it all? (whoah, can you see your family now, lol, that should send 'em over the edge....).

• williamsmommy0823
    Options
    No not on all things but like pasta yes a cup and dressings tbsp but not every thing else . again its day 2 for me doing this not like I've done it this way for ever . I probably end up eating around 1500 .may eat again but I'm just saying I'm at 1100 today and its not over yet !! I may get more fruit in a bit .
  • williamsmommy0823
    Options
    And yes I log every thing I consume from flavor packets for water to how much creamer n my coffee .. I'm trying to lose weight . with carbs and calories . i just haven't been hungry these past 2 days ate a lot this past weekend both sons birthday and husbands .. May be as the weeks progress I'll eat 1500-1600 . just not as of now . people haven't even given me a chance to start this diet 100% I'm learning its the first time I've ever varied enough . its a learning process
  • allaboutthecake
    Options
    Ok, first off, not saying you are over-eating. Just wanted to emphasize the importance of a scale vs using measuring cups.

This video will change your life... Or at least encourage you to use a food scale. :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • allaboutthecake
    Options
    ....and since you are so new....you may wish to read this. I wished I would have when I first started out. ;) Would have saved myself alot of frustration!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • williamsmommy0823
    Options
    Not at all ment to u ^^^ other people r being so rude
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The only person that you truly have to answer to is yourself.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I apologize if I came off as rude. That was not my intent at all. I wish you good luck with your goals and hopefully I will see you around the forums!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

People are giving you good advice as to best practice and habits you might wnat to adopt if you wnat to lose weight successfully. Weighing your food is one of the most effective ways to know how much you are eating. You need to eat a certain amount for nutrition otherwuse its unhealthy as your body will not get what it needs.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the replies but I understand. My parents were the worst, I bought your favorite cookies. Next day. Don't eat that you will get fat. Thanks.

My husband isn't supportive cause all the women he knew who lost weight divorced their husbands. I said they lost cause they were miserable with their spouse. I'm not so relax. But still criticizes all my efforts.

But I fell better when I weigh less(arthritis) and working out helps too. Also IBS is best controlled with healthy diet so I ignore him
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    as far as not eating enough. someone else mentioned in another thread that your body still has "stores" of glycol and such and in a few days, the stores will be depleted and the hunger should set in
    at this point, weighing food should help you know what you are eating and make sure that when that hunger does set in that you will be eating at a deficit
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Girl I'm right there with you! My family is the first ones to make comments about my weight, but whenever I'm counting calories and trying to be healthy they are the first to act like I've developed an eating disorder! Its very frustrating b/c family are the ones that are suppose to be there to support you 100% when you are trying to better yourself. Unfortunately, when you start to do better it makes them realize what they are lacking in themselves and thus they try to sabotage you. I know its hard but try to pair up with friends that will help you stick to your goals!