Lose 5 Pounds A Month June 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• 81mags
    81mags Posts: 4
    Options
    It's going to be difficult as the parties are already starting for the summer. But hopefully with the motivation and support from this group I can get thru it all and still continue with my weight loss goals.

SW June 1: 162
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 30:
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm finally back for June! These past two months i admit, i fell off the wagon :frown: i didnt exercise as much, i didnt count calories etc. etc. but i did start weight training again so instead of pounds being lost its been inches! I'm now proud to say that I have bought two tops in a size 8 UK :noway: Luckily my weight has only changed around 2/3 pounds so i havent gained massively so y'know what? As it's the start of June I thought what the hell! And here I am jumping back on the wagon :happy:

SW: 128lbs
    GW: 123lbs (so close to my goal of 120lb!!)
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I went out for a 60 minutes walk and did 100 calf raises so far. I intend to at least do another 100 calf raise during the day and go on my incline trainer for a 35 minutes program. This morning, I climbed on my scale like I do every morning and things are looking good to acheive this challenge.

Speak to you all later.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    WOW! Looks like we have lots of first-timers this month. Good luck to everyone and I hope we all have a successful loss in June.

Don't know about the rest of you (in the south) but this heat is sucking the life out of me and making it so hard to exercise. This is the 6th straight day of temps in the mid-90's and humidity thru the roof. I work in an office so it's not like I'm outside all day but still, I just don't want to exercise. I know I have to do it if I want to reach my goals so note to self: "Suck it up and just do it! It's not going to kill you."

OK OK OK, I'll be on the treadmill in 1 hour. :grumble:

Sorry for the rambling....
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Today's workout :

200 calves raises: Check!
    60 minutes walk: Check!
    40 minutes on IT: Check!
    Minutes added to my ticker: 110 minutes! Check!

Today was a great day!! Hope yours was a great one too!!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm back, tail between my legs... I pretty much disappeared for the month of May, and have not been focused at all on my health. I'm not even sure that I'm mentally ready to get back at it, but I thought if I posted I might feel more accountable to my 5 lb friends...

I weighed myself at the gym on Saturday - my 'official' scale - and I was up to 156. Looks like I have some work to do with resetting my ticker and signature... I think I'm partially just too embarassed when I see where I was 'supposed' to be, compared to where I actually am... Maybe if I start with a clean slate...

Well, that will be a project for tomorrow, it's 11pm here, and I'm exhausted and off to bed.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I went to the gym and did 40 minutes on the elliptical machine.

Hope everyone had a good day!
  • NeverStopRunning
    Options
    I am in - have been in a little bit of a rut these past few days and I am going on vacation July 1 so this is just what I need!
  • meli173
    meli173 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm in thanks
  • kshepherds
    kshepherds Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm totally in.
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    i would love to do this too!
  • teresah37
    teresah37 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am in!!!
  • arcticpurl
    Options
    I'm in. Have been trying to lose 10 lbs since last November, and yo-yo-ing, so hope this will get me on my way back down to that goal weight!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    6/1 194.6 lb
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have done a great job at keeping within my calories and working out this week. Monday - Zumba class and weight training, Tuesday- 2 mile intervals and 40 min strengthening and toning, Wed. - Zumba class and water aerobics, Thurs.- Zumba class and Boot Camp and Friday - 2mile intervals and Tae Bo (body sculpt). I am not sure what tomorrow will bring.

I do have to say that knowing that I need to journal and post my weekly activities has helped me stay on track and away from the junk food.

Hope everyone is having a successful week!!!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    6/1 - Starting weight of 141 pounds
    6/3 - 138 pounds - down 3 pounds
    6/10
    6/17
    6/24
    6/30 - Final weight

I was happy to see I lost 3 pounds this week!! I have also met my goal weight loss, with a total of 50 pounds gone since 1/1/11!! :bigsmile:

Don't know if I can still lose 2 more pounds for the month of June, but want to stick with this challenge, to make sure I stay on track.

I hope everyone else is working hard, and having success. Have a great weekend!!:flowerforyou:
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I'm back, tail between my legs... I pretty much disappeared for the month of May, and have not been focused at all on my health. I'm not even sure that I'm mentally ready to get back at it, but I thought if I posted I might feel more accountable to my 5 lb friends...

I weighed myself at the gym on Saturday - my 'official' scale - and I was up to 156. Looks like I have some work to do with resetting my ticker and signature... I think I'm partially just too embarassed when I see where I was 'supposed' to be, compared to where I actually am... Maybe if I start with a clean slate...

Well, that will be a project for tomorrow, it's 11pm here, and I'm exhausted and off to bed.

Glad to see you back. I know what you mean about the "mental" thing. Controling the mind is the hardest thing about getting healthy for me. :sad:
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    6/1 - Starting weight of 141 pounds
    6/3 - 138 pounds - down 3 pounds
    6/10
    6/17
    6/24
    6/30 - Final weight

I was happy to see I lost 3 pounds this week!! I have also met my goal weight loss, with a total of 50 pounds gone since 1/1/11!! :bigsmile:

Don't know if I can still lose 2 more pounds for the month of June, but want to stick with this challenge, to make sure I stay on track.

I hope everyone else is working hard, and having success. Have a great weekend!!:flowerforyou:

Congratulations on your 50lbs loss. That is AWESOME!!!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • TheOnlyMe
    TheOnlyMe Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Well I thought I would try and put eveyone onto a list to record our weight loss. I'm kind of a list person everything is on a list haha.

So this is everyone that has decided to join this cool thread that has recorded their start weight. In alpahbetical order:

ScreenName Weight To Lose
    55tolose 154lbs 5lbs to go
    81mags 162lbs 5lbs to go
    aab1 203lbs 5lbs to go
    aljamom 141lbs 5lbs to go
    AychDeeGee 140.2lbs 5lbs to go
    bekylouisex3 128lbs 5lbs to go
    BlueSkies_12 138.4lbs 5lbs to go
    brinkley89 142lbs 5lbs to go
    BrunetteWife 197.8lbs 5lbs to go
    bttmgray 152lbs 5lbs to go
    cbell23 146lbs 6lbs to go
    cdl148 135lbs 5lbs to go
    circusmom 140lbs 5lbs to go
    ColoradoRobin 194.6lbs 5lbs to go
    craige 206lbs 5lbs to go
    dmgaloha 156lbs 5lbs to go
    eve180 216lbs 5lbs to go
    gcpgrl 159lbs 5lbs to go
    GenXBlogger 200lbs 5lbs to go
    heathermomofthree 157lbs 5lbs to go
    helffrde 159lbs 5lbs to go
    hglmin 210lbs 5lbs to go
    Ibtewksbury 165lbs 5lbs to go
    jadeymum 157lbs 5lbs to go
    JeanHaynes 176.5lbs 5lbs to go
    jglvam 178.6lbs 5lbs to go
    jingly 148.75lbs 5lbs to go
    julest25 127lbs 5lbs to go
    kelleypf 160lbs 5lbs to go
    kickinkate 131lbs 5lbs to go
    kintegra 191.6lbs 5lbs to go
    kixz 121lbs 5lbs to go
    lisafrancis629 175lbs 6lbs to go
    Livie_Marie 271lbs 5lbs to go
    lokarosa 174lbs 5lbs to go
    microem1 123lbs 5lbs to go
    Missou 156.6lbs 5lbs to go
    momofJandA 136lbs 5lbs to go
    ndriedger 163.6lbs 5lbs to go
    NHGirl23 141lbs 2lbs to go
    nicxox 146.5lbs 5lbs to go
    Nikipowpez 173.8lbs 5lbs to go
    Omoge25 156lbs 5lbs to go
    otrlynn 127lbs 5lbs to go
    rosaliabritt 125.5lbs 5lbs to go
    rosannadanna 189.6lbs 5lbs to go
    s_waser 131lbs 5lbs to go
    sameantha 156lbs 8lbs to go
    shawnae2 266.6lbs 5lbs to go
    shelly650 165lbs 5lbs to go
    stephcorona 130.6lbs 5lbs to go
    Sugar_Apple 175lbs 5lbs to go
    sweet_t2483 260.2lbs 5lbs to go
    tanyaMax 218.5lbs 5lbs to go
    TCASMEY 184lbs 5lbs to go
    teampen3 159lbs 5lbs to go
    TheOnlyMe 214lbs 5lbs to go
    WyoRed 141.7lbs 6.7lbs to go

If i have got anything wrong then just copy and paste and ammend the mistake. And each weigh-in copy and paste the list with the update??
    If nobody wants do this then jsut ignore me lol.

Good Luck on your weight loss xxx