count me in!
  • Hay8824
    Hay8824 Posts: 3
    Options
    im in
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I only lost 2 pounds last month, so hopefully this month will be better. My starting weight is 176.5, making my goal weight for the end of June 171.5.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join again too. I only lost two pounds during the May challenge, and managed to lose another pound working my butt off in the yard last weekend. So, I'm ready to go. Actually, I have only three pounds to go until I reach my original goal. If I like how I feel and look, I'll stop there--or maybe go for another pound or two. My size 10 pants are loose; I'd like to fit nicely into a size 8.
  • ceciliaiv
    ceciliaiv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    I'm SO tired of the 190s! I saw 189 on the scale late last week...now I just wish it would show up again! Here's to a SKINNY JUNE for us all! :bigsmile: :drinker:

June 1st: 191.6 lbs
    June 8th:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 30:

But you have lost 57 pounds!! You look fabulous!! Awesome job.

Thanks but it was 59 lost until last week when I finally logged my gain. :sad: I've been in the 190s since January 12th! I'm SO over the 190s and the 180s are SO CLOSE! I saw it once last week, but decided to wait another day to make sure it was true, but not so much! :cry:

Anyway - I'm in this challenge for June, 25000 calories burn challenge, and 40 mile biking challenge. PLUS I signed up for a 5K again this Saturday, and one next Saturday as well. Then I'm hoping to do an 8K in July, then I am definitely signed up for a 7mile race on July 30th. Then I have a 4 miler in August. Plus my cousins are trying to get me to do a triathalon relay with them in September....they need a runner! That is a 10k race. OMG Run Forrest Run! :laugh: Hopefully this will kick my losing into higher gear!

All I can say is.....Wow!!! That should work!!! :bigsmile:
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    June Challenge:
    Starting weight: 125.5

:drinker:
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are Costco members there is an interesting article in this months membership magazine called "Wait Training. Exercising Slowly can Bring Quicker Results" It really should be called lifting slowly... Anyway the article talks about study where they compared people who lifted slowly (14 seconds to do a rep) compared with people who lifted at a "normal" pace. Guess what? They found that women who lifted slowly achieved both strength and bone growth without injury. This was done in 1982. 20 years later they did a study again using older women (they did not define what "older" meant) There were a dozen exercises used in the study. The control group did 10 reps of each exercise using 2 seconds to lift and 2 seconds to lower. The other group did 5 repetitions 10 seconds up and 4 seconds down.

The women who did the slow speed-training attained 50 percent greater strength gains than the subjects who performed standard-speed training.

This was published in the Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. I am going to research and try to find a link to this article. I have often wondered when doing a weight lifting video (I used the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt) how much good I am doing when I move the weights up and down so fast. If I can find this article I plan to try this method out for myself or order the book called SuperSlow: The Ultimate Exercise Protocol by Ken Hutchins

How is everyone doing on day one of this challenge? Remember you need to create a 3500 calorie deficit to get rid of one pound. That can be through diet or exercise or both combined.

Keep tracking those calories eaten and burned.

Terri

Just found the book at Amazon for $165. Guess I am not getting that book.

I have to agree with the research. When you are moving at a lower speed, we are using more energy; our muscles are contracting for a longer period of time and that contraction is more demanding. I would even recommend lifting our weights for 10 seconds and bringing them down for another 10 seconds since we are using different muscle groups for each action.
  • LaChankla
    LaChankla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weigh in: 6/1: Starting weight: 174lbs
    Week #1 : 6/8
    Week #2: 6/15
    Week #3: 6/22
    Week #4: 6/29
    Weigh in 6/30: Final weight:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have a wedding in 8 weeks so hopefully I can get things going again... I'm aiming for the 160's by June 30 we'll see how that goes

June 1st: 175 lbs
    June 8th:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 30:
  • teampen3
    teampen3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to get me started!!

June 1: 159
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 30:
  • criscros08
    criscros08 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am in!!
  • heathermomofthree
    heathermomofthree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    June 1st- 157
    June 8th-
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Im in for sure :)
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me...I'm in!

June 1st: 159LBS
    June 8th:
    June 15th:
    June 22nd:
    June 29th:
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    I so need this!! Count me in!!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I sooooo need in on this challenge! :happy: Bring it!!!! :laugh:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    If some one wants to graph or chart everything I would be ok with that. In the past we have let everyone report in and share whatever info they want. We tend to lose 1/2 or more of the group from the beginning til the end so it may be frustrating for the one trying to track the info.

The 3500 calorie deficit is to lose 1 pound.

Terri
  • rosannadanna
    Options
    June 1: 189.6
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 30:
  • eve180
    eve180 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am in SW 216