Lose 5 Pounds A Month June 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    @ NHGirl23 - Congrats on hitting 50lbs lost!! What an awesome accomplishment!!

I ordered Jillian Michael's 'Banish the Fat, Boost the Metabolism' to arrive early next week. I currently do her 30 Day Sherd & Ripped in 30 - love both of those so hopefully BFBM will be just as good.

Thanks, aab1. I also like the 30DS. Let me know how you like BFBM!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Just got to my parents house & showered after my 5K run this morning. My awesome cousin Tom showed up to run it with me too! It was a nice surprise! :bigsmile: It was SO HUMID out too & I didn't think I was gonna make it - he came back and ran the last few blocks in with me & gave me that extra push I needed! I barely beat my personal best time - 44 seconds shaved off of it - so now at 34 min flat! I was hoping for a little better, but with the humidity I'm just glad I finished. It was hard to catch my breath a lot. That just sucks!

I'm not sure what is in store for the rest of the day. CJ is working on the Baja, so apparently that means we aren't going boating. :cry: I hope you are all having a fantastic skinny Saturday!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies and gentlemen!

Today was a busy one for me, I had a lot of errands to run and was always in the car. After diner, I was able to go out for a 20 minutes walk with Hubby. That will be enough for me. Tomorrow is another day, I haven't got any errands to run so I'll be exercising like I did the last few days.

Be good to yourselves :smooched:
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Hello everyone. My starting weight is June 1, 113. I also ordered the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels and exect delivery by the of middle of this week.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE;
    i don't know how to get on the list but anyway... I am doing good this morning. I had a super day yesterday that stated out with about a 5 mile run. School is out so I have all day every day now to just do what I WANT to do. NO lessons to prepared. I love summer vacation.
    But I want to get back in shape and FAST before I travel to the states the end of the month. I decide that until I travel NO SUGAR. In the afternoon I went for a 45 minutes swim and that felt great too.
    this morning so far I have done 30 minutes of Pilates and I plan on swimming this afternoon again. I had not done the yoga for about 30 days or more and boy was I stiff. I really want to do it about 3 times a week from now on. I have a DVD that I use called pilates for dummies. It is just right for me.
    so Please help me to stay on track and get after me if I even look like I am going to eat sugar.
    Thanks for all your posts and motivation. Phyljen
  • joibuttons
    Options
    Count me in!!:laugh:
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    I'm in.

At 189lbs right now so 184lbs is the goal by July.
  • rosebslim
    rosebslim Posts: 27
    Options
    If it's not too late I'd like to join please. My first WI for June is Tuesday, so shall report back on 'hopefully' a loss then.

Thanks for this.

Rose :smile:
  • kittycatcookie
    Options
    I want to be 145 pounds by the end of June :)

Going to OD on veg!
  • mom22nteaching
    mom22nteaching Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am in....but I should probably stick to 4lbs.
    Since I am starting a lil late.
    Trying to figure out the zone diet using MFP.
    I set my preferences to the percentages.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Weighing in:
    SW- 135lbs
    CW- 134lbs
    Loss- 1lb
  • katekentlaw
    Options
    I want to add myself in--I'm currently at 145 and want to get down to 135 by my birthday, September 29. If I can do it before, awesome. :) I have scoliosis and even a little extra weight gives me so much pain in my back, it's unbearable. And I'm large chested, which really doesn't help matters (I'm like DD). So I may have a slightly strange weight loss goal of needing to lose a few cup sizes along the way.

My other major problem is that I'm an "apple" shape, which means I naturally carry a lot of weight in my chest and stomach. I'm happy with every other part of my body but these parts. I would love to have a nice flat tummy, smaller breasts, and less pain in my back by the time I reach my 23rd birthday. Thank you for this thread!
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well I weighed in today to find I haven't lost a thing =(, but I haven't gained either which is a good thing!
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Updated list ---- USE THIS LIST !! to update your weight or IF YOU ARE NEW!!! so as not to confuse me hehe

Good Luck xxx

Screen~Name ~Weight To Lose
    55tolose ~ 154lbs ~ 5lbs to go
    81mags ~162lbs~ 5lbs to go
    aab1 ~203lbs~ 5lbs to go
    aljamom~ 141lbs~ 5lbs to go
    AychDeeGee~ 140.2lbs~ 5lbs to go
    bekylouisex3~ 128lbs~ 5lbs to go
    BlueSkies_12 ~138.4lbs~ 5lbs to go
    brinkley89 ~142lbs~ 5lbs to go
    BrunetteWife ~197.8lbs ~5lbs to go
    bttmgray ~152lbs~ 5lbs to go
    cbell23 ~146lbs~ 6lbs to go
    cdl148 ~135lbs~ 5lbs to go
    circusmom~ 140lbs~ 5lbs to go
    ColoradoRobin ~194.6lbs~ 5lbs to go
    craige ~206lbs ~5lbs to go
    dmgaloha ~156lbs~ 5lbs to go
    eve180~ 216lbs ~5lbs to go
    gcpgrl~ 159lbs~ 5lbs to go
    GenXBlogger ~200lbs ~5lbs to go
    happyhappy352 ~ 170lbs ~ 5lbs to go
    heathermomofthree~ 157lbs~ 5lbs to go
    helffrde ~159lbs~ 5lbs to go
    hglmin~ 210lbs ~5lbs to go
    Ibtewksbury~ 165lbs ~5lbs to go
    jadeymum~ 157lbs~ 5lbs to go
    JeanHaynes~ 176.5lbs~ 5lbs to go
    jglvam~ 178.6lbs~ 5lbs to go
    jingly ~148.75lbs~ 5lbs to go
    julest25~ 127lbs ~5lbs to go
    kelleypf ~160lbs~ 5lbs to go
    kickinkate~ 131lbs~ 5lbs to go
    kintegra~ 191.6lbs~ 5lbs to go
    kixz ~121lbs~ 5lbs to go
    lisafrancis629 ~175lbs~ 6lbs to go
    Livie_Marie ~271lbs ~5lbs to go
    lokarosa~ 174lbs~ 5lbs to go
    microem1 ~123lbs~ 5lbs to go
    Missou ~156.6lbs~ 5lbs to go
    momofJandA~ 136lbs ~5lbs to go
    ndriedger~ 163.6lbs~ 5lbs to go
    NHGirl23~138lbs ~2lbs to go
    nicxox~ 146.5lbs ~5lbs to go
    Nikipowpez~ 173.8lbs~ 5lbs to go
    Omoge25 ~156lbs ~5lbs to go
    otrlynn~ 127lbs~ 5lbs to go
    rosaliabritt~ 125.5lbs ~5lbs to go
    rosannadanna~ 189.6lbs ~5lbs to go
    s_waser ~131lbs ~5lbs to go
    sameantha ~156lbs~ 8lbs to go
    shawnae2 ~266.6lbs~ 5lbs to go
    shelly650~ 165lbs ~5lbs to go
    stephcorona~ 130.6lbs~ 5lbs to go
    Sugar_Apple ~175lbs~ 5lbs to go
    sweet_t2483~ 260.2lbs~ 5lbs to go
    tanyaMax~ 218.5lbs ~5lbs to go
    TCASMEY ~184lbs~ 5lbs to go
    teampen3~ 159lbs~ 5lbs to go
    tesshokie ~204lbs ~ 5lbs to go
    TheOnlyMe~ 214lbs ~5lbs to go
    WyoRed ~141.7lbs~ 6.7lbs to go

rosaliabritt 6/5 124 pounds
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    RosieBermudez ~113 ~ 5lbs to go
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Phyljen 6/5 142lbs.

HI PALS
    I managed not to eat sugar at all today again three cheers for me. I did get to the pool and swam for 45 minutes too. Had a nice dinner when I got home.

KELLY_ You are doing GREAT! WOW I am so impressed with you.

Today I was reading a book about weight loss and it was saying that circuit exercise is the best. better than just jogging or swimming. Like they suggest using weights a lot and doing lots of little spurts of different types of exercise for shorter periods of time. I wonder if I am defeating my purpose by jogging for an hour or swimming for 45 minutes. Plus they say after age 40 it is harder for women to lose. UGGGG!! This whole weight loss is driving me nuts! I need a personal trainer I think that tells me exactly what I should do for my age, size and weight.

Go chicken FAT.. GO away!!!! PHYLJEN Anyone that has good tips.... I am awaiting your good advise.
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    2.5 lbs down so far!
  • smashpants22
    smashpants22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    keen - im in
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I will lose 5 lbs in June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's do this!!!!!!!!!! I'll weigh tomorrow as well
  • Nikipowpez
    Nikipowpez Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nikipowpez ~ 172.1 ~ 3.3 pounds to go

Starting weight 5/31 - 173.8

WK #1: 172.1
    WK #2:
    WK #3:
    WK #4:
    Final weight 6/30: