Lose 5 Pounds A Month June 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Enough with the list. I joined this challenge in july and stayed all these months because I didnt have to deal with a big annoying list that I have to read or see over and over again. this thread isn't all about the weigh in. This thread is more of an awesome support group. I certainly don't speak for anyone else in this group since im not the one that started it but the list is the reason I have not joined a single other group on MFP.
  • mamaweesa
    mamaweesa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    this is the perfect challenge for me =] this is what i do on my own, it will be nice to have friends to check in with!
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    6/1: 131 lbs
    6/6:130.8 lbs
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Enough with the list. I joined this challenge in july and stayed all these months because I didnt have to deal with a big annoying list that I have to read or see over and over again. this thread isn't all about the weigh in. This thread is more of an awesome support group. I certainly don't speak for anyone else in this group since im not the one that started it but the list is the reason I have not joined a single other group on MFP.

I second this one. I appreciate the offer to help, but it makes it much harder to find other posts.. and I agree, we strive for 5lbs a month, but we're always here for support and don't really make it about the number on the scale...
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good day to all.

I disappointed myself this weekend by not getting any formal exercise in at all. I was planning to get on the treadmill Saturday morning but woke-up and noticed how dirty the bathrooms were looking so I spent most of the morning scrubbing toilets, tubs and showers. Did not have the HRM on but I sure worked up a sweat doing those jobs. Plus I was going up and down the stairs a lot to keep laundry going and get cleaning supplies.

I did get up this morning and get 3.2 miles done on the treadmill before the day began and then a 4 mile walk pushing the stroller. I have already burned over 1000 calories today on exercise. It is very hot and humid here and the last mile was killer especially since it is mostly uphill. I think I would prefer starting my walk going up and end by coming down but I can't easily change where I live.

I was planning to do a Warrior Dash later this month and have already signed up and paid but it looks like I am going to have other things to do that day. I get to do duty as the soccer mom while my husband drives to Sioux Falls to pick up my daughter from her extended vacation with her cousin.

Hope everyone is having a healthy day.

Terri
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just about to start my first Turbo Fire session :smile: I need it today, seeing as I've had a crap day with food..argh i hate mondays :yawn: However, onwards and upwards! My final exam is tomorrow so that leaves me to focus on my exercise/diet more instead of constantly revising lol.

I've got a party on Saturday aswell which will involve lots of alcohol...oh no! I'm going to try and be on my best behaviour :blushing:

I must say, I'm not too keen on the list either :ohwell: Other groups I have joined in the past have ended up being a stream of posts with people updating lists - and not much else..and I don't want this to happen here!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Phyljen 6/5 142lbs.

HI PALS
    I managed not to eat sugar at all today again three cheers for me. I did get to the pool and swam for 45 minutes too. Had a nice dinner when I got home.

KELLY_ You are doing GREAT! WOW I am so impressed with you.

Today I was reading a book about weight loss and it was saying that circuit exercise is the best. better than just jogging or swimming. Like they suggest using weights a lot and doing lots of little spurts of different types of exercise for shorter periods of time. I wonder if I am defeating my purpose by jogging for an hour or swimming for 45 minutes. Plus they say after age 40 it is harder for women to lose. UGGGG!! This whole weight loss is driving me nuts! I need a personal trainer I think that tells me exactly what I should do for my age, size and weight.

Go chicken FAT.. GO away!!!! PHYLJEN Anyone that has good tips.... I am awaiting your good advise.

Thanks Phyljen! I'm starting to kick my skinny back into full throttle again! I did excellent last summer & I'm tired of not seeing any results on that darn scale again! :grumble: Hopefully I can get my skinny on like last year & get those pounds gone for good! I have about 35 lbs to go to meet my goal by October. I have another 5K run this weekend - Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. Hopefully I will beat my time again this week & come in under 34 mins. They are predicting the humidity will be gone & the temps won't be as horrid this weekend. Come on cooler weather - just for the race that's all I ask! :laugh: Then the heat can come back for the boat! :laugh:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

I second this one. I appreciate the offer to help, but it makes it much harder to find other posts.. and I agree, we strive for 5lbs a month, but we're always here for support and don't really make it about the number on the scale...

DITTO!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I was planning to do a Warrior Dash later this month and have already signed up and paid but it looks like I am going to have other things to do that day. I get to do duty as the soccer mom while my husband drives to Sioux Falls to pick up my daughter from her extended vacation with her cousin.

@ Terri - I'm hoping to do the Warrior Dash as well in September (Twin Lakes, WI). I'm trying to convince my MFP co-workers to join me but a few are intimidated. Have you done one before? If so, what's it like?
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who is confused...about the List?

I participated in the May Challenge and posted my start weight, and thereafter--weekly posted my update.
    I loved checking in, seeing how others were doing and reading all the comments and all working
    towards one common goal for the month. So, again, I am in with June--herein comes the confusion:
    Is there a list we are suppose to be using to do weekly updates or can I just keep posting my weekly
    update on this message board.

I appreciate the efforts of everyone involved in starting this challenge and doing lists and
    spreadsheets. However, if possible I would like to continue posting my weekly updates on this
    message board and if someone involved with the challenge wants to collect the updates and
    post them in a list for viewing--thats great and thank you!

I personally, prefer to continue posting my weekly updates on this board.:drinker:

Just saying..
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options

DITTO!

Oh thank goodness im not the only one who thinks so .. thanks kelly and bru and rosali and becky for the support on the discontinuing of the list.

rosaliabritt we would love for you to continue posting your comments and updates on the board. I don't think many of us are liking the list either. this is a new thing that someone is trying to impliment and change our wonderful support group.
  • microem1
    microem1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Weighing in!! I only lost 3/4 of a pound but I spose that's better than nothing!

starting weight 5/31: 123lbs
    WK #1 6/08: 122.25lbs
    WK #2 6/15:
    WK #3 6/22:
    WK #4 6/29:
    Final weight 6/30
  • TheOnlyMe
    TheOnlyMe Posts: 23
    Options
    I will no longer confuse people with the list! But 55tolose maybe a little rude!! I was only tryig to help!!!!!
  • TheOnlyMe
    TheOnlyMe Posts: 23
    Options
    Maybe my previous post was a little rude too but a little annoyed as creating that list took me a while and for 1 person to come up and say 'enough with the list!!' just peed me off to be honest.
    I had previously asked TCASMEY if it would be ok to create a list and she had no problem with it and she also had no problem with it after the fact I had created it. I also stated that if you didn't like the idea then to IGNORE me not try to DISCONTINUE my 'list' I just thought it would be a nice idea to have everyones progress in one place.
    Anyways,, TCASMEY thankyou for creating this brill thread but I don't think I will contintue to post on here but good luck to all on their journeys !! xxx
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    My fault. I figured if someone offered to do a list she needed to have a list for her own personal reasons. Some people need to see visually what everyone else is doing.

Don't want to lose anyone in this group maybe those who want the list can read it and those who don't just skip over it.

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options

@ Terri - I'm hoping to do the Warrior Dash as well in September (Twin Lakes, WI). I'm trying to convince my MFP co-workers to join me but a few are intimidated. Have you done one before? If so, what's it like?

Never done one before but the videos on line looked like to would be great fun. A parent of one of my daughter's friends did it last year and said it was a blast. I thought it would be fun to let my inner child get muddy and dirt. I would be the runner in the back taking my time and having a blast.

Have fun.

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Time to check in!

Starting weight

June 1 184 pounds
    June 8 182 pounds :drinker: Its been a while since I have posted a loss. YAY!

Terri
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    No weight loss this week. I had too many snacks over the weekend! Trying to get back on track.
  • tinyduga
    tinyduga Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in - been struggling the last few months - trying to get our of my rut..... hope this helps me.....
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Today is weigh in day for me but got on the scale this morning and no change.. exactly same weight as last week :/ Buuuut TOM showed up this morning (that would explain the bloated feeling and migraine all day yesterday). So I guess hoping for a change next week :) Have a blessed day all!!!!

5/31 - 178.6
    6/07 - 178.6 (TOM)