Magnificent Mamas (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Did all of you ladies do kegels before labour? I know it is recommended but I have such a hard time making myself do them!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Did all of you ladies do kegels before labour? I know it is recommended but I have such a hard time making myself do them!

I have never done kegels on a regular basis, either before or after birth.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Ditto
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I did them after birth with my last one, because I had urine leakage problems. Most women if not all who reach there 70' and 80's, have what's called the fallen bladder. I don't know if kegels help, but I would think it wouldn't hurt to try. See no one tells you that when your young. That your stuff is going to try to fall out...LOL
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump.

AF cam on Monday. :( been so busy with day care and stuff, keep forgetting to call OB. i wanna see wth is going on. :(

I'm so impatient, i don't want to wait anymore.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Have a good trip Megan!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Ha, baby is on hiccup session #3 for the day. Poor thing.

Hiccups can be so annoying! But remember that means a healthy baby who is practicing breathing.

I felt them for the first time last Sunday! I thought they were kind of annoying too. I didn't realize it meant a healthy baby- yay! I have not felt them since then though

I havn't felt them yet. I wonder if it is because my placenta is in the front.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Bump.

AF cam on Monday. :( been so busy with day care and stuff, keep forgetting to call OB. i wanna see wth is going on. :(

Sorry stupid AF. Thinking about you!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Ha, baby is on hiccup session #3 for the day. Poor thing.

Hiccups can be so annoying! But remember that means a healthy baby who is practicing breathing.

I felt them for the first time last Sunday! I thought they were kind of annoying too. I didn't realize it meant a healthy baby- yay! I have not felt them since then though

I felt them once during week 28 and didn't feel them again for about a week. Then I'd feel them every few days. Now it's SEVERAL times a day. Again right now, actually. :laugh: She had them probably 6-7 times yesterday.

Anne -- I'm not sure if your placenta being in the front would affect it but maybe? Or maybe you haven't ID'd them as hiccups yet. For me, it's not all dramatic like people have always described to me. People always talka bout their entire bump jumping with them. Maybe that happens later, but I usually feel them very low down. As I said somewhere yesterday, it feels like my hoo-ha has hiccups. :blushing: :laugh: A couple of times they've been stronger and I've felt them up top, too, but usually it's all down below.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Sorry to here AF came Carina. Thinking of you.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Danielle ~ it was so true. Wade slept so much on the way down and I stressed out thinking the other kids were going to wake him up. But even when he woke up he was good as long as he had a clean/dry diaper and was fed. I have been thinking of you lately! Have you decide not to take the hypnobirthing classes? Just curious.

We haven't decided yet what we're going to take. Cost wise we might have to shy away from the hypnobirthing classes though. Unfortunately :ohwell:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips on what to enjoy now. But right now I really, really, really miss sleeping on my stomach. :cry:

Sheri – my cousins son said to me last week, “wow auntie, your belly got big!” Well yeah, there’s a baby in there. Love your new picture, she’s a cutie!

Megan – hope you trip with Annabelle went well, you look great!!!

Anne – I’ve never heard that, but I hear from someone that the time of day her baby was active during pregnancy was the same time he was awake and active after birth. But I don’t know if that was just a fluke thing or not. I’m really hoping it’s true, because Kathryn stops jumping around at about 8:30pm and doesn’t start up again until 7am. But I’m sure that’s just wishful thinking on my part.

Steph – sorry you’re having a bad day. Hope you feel better and AF stays away!

Hi to everyone else!

Took a much need mental health day yesterday; I’m much more relaxed and in a better mood now than I was for the past few days. Good short doctor appointment today, HB is strong and Kathryn was moving and grooving all over the place! I somehow managed to gain almost 9 pounds since my last appointment, but as of last week it was only 2. I know I had a bad weekend, but it was THAT bad, fingers crossed that it’s just water retention.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thanks for praying for me yesterday, ladies! I had everything packed early and nursed her right before we left, and she did wonderfully. Our trip went well! She slept about half of the time...and I only had to stop once. Luckily I could reach her and I could see her in my mirror so whenever she dropped her paci if I was quick enough I could get it and pop it back in before she would fuss :laugh: Took her to my mom's office so she could show her off, then did a litte shopping. She was a worn out girl, but did great! Today we're going to my dad's house to hang out and tomorrow off to a friend's house....I miss my hubby though!!! :sad: He had to stay home and work.

Bethe - I'm the same way about the sleeping...if I wake up in the middle of the night, it's not 5 minutes before Annabelle is awake. It's so strange, but so awesome that our bodies are on the same schedule/so in tune to each other. Just like I know exactly what time feeding time is due to my boobs. lol Oh, and I have that exact same play mat that's in your picture...Annabelle loves it. She spends almost an hour on it a day! Loves looking at herself in the mirror, and constantly plays with the monkey and pulls him down. :smile:

Question for all you previous moms - Sorry if TMI but I need some opinions.... DH and I did *the deed* for the first time since giving birth. It was quite uncomfortable for me at first and I ended up needing to be on top so that I could control the action, lol. Well ever since (this was Tuesday night) I have been bleeding a bit. Wednesday morning it was just a little spotting, but last night and this morning it looks more like period blood (is red, not brown). Is this normal?? I thought it could also be due to me starting my new birth control (the mini pill, Sheri I thought you might could help me with this since you are also on it). I knew spotting can be normal for the birth control, but I didn't think it would be this much. It's not heavy by any means, a pantiliner does the trick, but it's more than spotting. Maybe just a combination of the birth control and first time having sex since delivery...?? Any thoughts?

carina - Hugs to you....Your time will come!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Glad you had a good day yesterday, Ronya!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Sorry Carina. Hugs! :flowerforyou:

As for hiccups, I love them. I don't know why, they just make me really happy. My LO gets them pretty much everyday. Not my last apt. but the one before she actually had them while I was getting an ultrasound. Anne, it is a really light feeling, but in rhythm. I feel them in different places, sometimes I think her whole body is bouncing with them. Some babies don't get them that often either. So who knows, maybe your placenta is blocking the effect of it.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Thanks for praying for me yesterday, ladies! I had everything packed early and nursed her right before we left, and she did wonderfully. Our trip went well! She slept about half of the time...and I only had to stop once. Luckily I could reach her and I could see her in my mirror so whenever she dropped her paci if I was quick enough I could get it and pop it back in before she would fuss :laugh: Took her to my mom's office so she could show her off, then did a litte shopping. She was a worn out girl, but did great! Today we're going to my dad's house to hang out and tomorrow off to a friend's house....I miss my hubby though!!! :sad: He had to stay home and work.

Bethe - I'm the same way about the sleeping...if I wake up in the middle of the night, it's not 5 minutes before Annabelle is awake. It's so strange, but so awesome that our bodies are on the same schedule/so in tune to each other. Just like I know exactly what time feeding time is due to my boobs. lol Oh, and I have that exact same play mat that's in your picture...Annabelle loves it. She spends almost an hour on it a day! Loves looking at herself in the mirror, and constantly plays with the monkey and pulls him down. :smile:

Question for all you previous moms - Sorry if TMI but I need some opinions.... DH and I did *the deed* for the first time since giving birth. It was quite uncomfortable for me at first and I ended up needing to be on top so that I could control the action, lol. Well ever since (this was Tuesday night) I have been bleeding a bit. Wednesday morning it was just a little spotting, but last night and this morning it looks more like period blood (is red, not brown). Is this normal?? I thought it could also be due to me starting my new birth control (the mini pill, Sheri I thought you might could help me with this since you are also on it). I knew spotting can be normal for the birth control, but I didn't think it would be this much. It's not heavy by any means, a pantiliner does the trick, but it's more than spotting. Maybe just a combination of the birth control and first time having sex since delivery...?? Any thoughts?

Megan I've only done the deed once and spotted a couple of days. It could be from either.

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

Megan I've only done the deed once and spotted a couple of days. It could be from either.

Sorry for the double post, had issues trying to do it with my phone
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hey ladies. I am headed off on a week long beach vacation today! We are stopping part way tonight and getting to the beach tommorow. Wish me luck on riding in the car! a little worried about it since I am uncomfortable in a 5 minute car trip. It will be worth it for the vacation though! I will still be on here throughout the week just probably not as much!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    So jealous about the beach vacation, Anne! Enjoy it! I don't think I'll get mine this year - I just don't think an infant and the hot beach mix too well... :sad:

Well, I think I've started my TOM. I know it's possible, but I really didn't think it would come this early, especially since I'm nursing. Nothing is hurting and it seems normal like it was before getting pregnant. I'm assuming everything is fine.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Steph - Hope you're feeling better, I hate it when I'm having a "blah" sort of day.

Julie - I don't know if I've ever spent $3 on a loaf of bread :laugh: I'm super cheap! How did your dishwasher detergent turn out? We made a batch of laundry detergent lastnight, trying to get everything ready before little Josh makes his appearance.

Bethe - Love your new profile pic, so cute!! I hope my labor is like yours, 4 pushes sounds good to me! H*ll, I'd settle for 10 :laugh:

Rachel - I do kegels sometimes when I'm driving or sitting at my desk, but I don't really remember to do them very often. Not something I want to write myself a reminder note to do :laugh:

Carina - Sorry AF came :frown: Praying that next month is your month! :flowerforyou:

Anne - Baby's position might have something to do with you not feeling hiccups yet, or maybe she hasn't had them yet? I don't remember exactly when Josh started getting them, and I'm guessing the position of your placenta could play a role in it too. Hope you enjoy your vacation! If you can somehow elevate your feet on the trip, I would try. Nothing like arriving to your vacation destination with outrageously large cankles :tongue:

Ronya - I can't WAIT to be able to sleep on my stomach! It is one of the things I am looking forward to the most!

Megan - Glad your trip went well! I was looking at your pictures and I can't believe how much Annabelle looks like her 3d ultrasound pic, so crazy!

Rachael - I also enjoy the feeling of Josh having the hiccups. So cool!

Sheri - Hope your knee is feeling better soon!

Katrina - How is the exercise going for you since you set your 30 min goal? You can do it girl!!

Hi to everyone else!! Hope all is well!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Morning.....

Megan - how long ago was your baby born? I had been hoping that breastfeeding would keep it at bay once mine is here but I suppose it just doesn't happen that way for everyone?

Any of you mommas out there have a snap n go stroller? We were looking the other night and it seems like a good idea. Reviews from any of you would be a help though......

I've mostly been posting on the pregnancy board and can never remember what I've said on each......
    Tuesday is the big ultrasound though, we are finding out boy or girl !!!!!! I'm trying to put it out of my mind or the excitement would keep me up at night more than I already am.....
    I'm planning to breastfeed exclusively for the 1st 6 months - any of you planning the same? Is it working out so far?

xoxo