Best peanut butter that the ingredients are only peanuts?

Options
im looking for a good peanut butter where the ingredients are only peanuts. Care to provide some?

Replies

• Sean_TheITGuy
    Sean_TheITGuy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    They're all more or less the same, in my experience. Peanuts is peanuts. I like ones with Peanuts and salt, otherwise it tastes a little flat.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Kirkland - Organic Peanut Butter

Edit
    Ingredients: peanuts & salt

nrm9aznd5196.jpg

uzvrd040lm3w.jpg
    pb.jpg 252.1K
    pb2.jpg 162.2K
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I buy smuckers or Trader Joe's - their valencia is really good. I also like it salted.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I enjoy all peanut butters even if they have more than one ingredient. In my book, they are all "best". Except for Skippy. Too runny and it drips off my bread.

My Bulk Barn has a grinder and you can put the nuts through to make your own PB right there.

I prefer hydrogenated as I hate having to refrigerate my PB, and I don't like having to stir the oil back in every time I use it.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I was also going to make a comment about the grinders, hopefully you have one at a grocery store near you. They are very convenient.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    They're all more or less the same, in my experience. Peanuts is peanuts. I like ones with Peanuts and salt, otherwise it tastes a little flat.

Exactly this.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    any other options
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Kraft Natural Peanut Butter
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Krema is a pretty good brand. The only ingredient is peanuts and it has 190 calories per 2 tablespoons. That's what I currently use. I get the crunchy kind!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Smucker's, President's Choice
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Tried Smuckers recently, for some reason I didn't like it.

Local grocery chain (Giant Eagle) sells a store brand that is only peanuts, I like it.

Mr. Bulky's Foods will grind peanut butter while you wait.

Local shop (The Peanut Shop) will grind it any way I want it.
  • beemerphile1
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I enjoy all peanut butters even if they have more than one ingredient. In my book, they are all "best". Except for Skippy. Too runny and it drips off my bread.

My Bulk Barn has a grinder and you can put the nuts through to make your own PB right there.

I prefer hydrogenated as I hate having to refrigerate my PB, and I don't like having to stir the oil back in every time I use it.

If it matters to you, anything hydrogenated has trans fats.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    im looking for a peanut butter which i dont have to stir and just have it ready to go
  • ashleesaid
    ashleesaid Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You will always have to stir peanut butter made of only ground peanuts, and keep it in the fridge. Some brands add another ingredient (can't think of it now but you can google it) that will make it non-stir and shelf stable. After years of trying to stir a cold brick of peanut butter and slopping oil all over the place I allow myself the natural stuff with the added shelf stable ingredient. I don't eat much PB anyway.
  • beemerphile1
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    im looking for a peanut butter which i dont have to stir and just have it ready to go

Only way to get peanut butter that is 100% peanuts that doesn't need stirred is to get it fresh ground. Any sitting on a shelf for a while will separate.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Keep it in the fridge.
  • AnnikaViking
    AnnikaViking Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use one which 100% pure peanut butter; nothing else is added. It's called Meridian Peanut Butter. You can get smooth and with bits in it. Yummey!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    My peanut butter has 6 ingredients. It's special though.
    http://www.nuts-n-more.com/product/peanut-spread/
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

I recently discovered this at Winco, and Whole Foods. I, personally, like to grind my own almond butter.

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Deleted because obviously it was a confusing post.