Best peanut butter that the ingredients are only peanuts?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    so easy to make your own, Just put them in a food processor and its done. after a min or two.

add salt and or sugar if you wish

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Any fresh ground nut butter
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The brands of peanut butter i buy are just that, peanuts. No added sugar, no added salt, no added palm oils and no need to refrigerate. The only, incredibly minor inconvenience is the need to stir them before use.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I prefer hydrogenated as I hate having to refrigerate my PB, and I don't like having to stir the oil back in every time I use it.

Why stir it back in???
    Pour it off and store it as cooking/dressing oil.
    The remaining PB is now higher protein/fat ratio than you started with. A step closer to PB2.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Make your own!

Order dry roasted peanuts in bulk online, throw them in a blender, add a little salt if you want, and hit go! Without a doubt, better & cheaper than buying in the stores. :p
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    Why stir it back in??? Pour it off and store it as cooking/dressing oil.
    The remaining PB is now higher protein/fat ratio than you started with. A step closer to PB2.

...and hard as a rock, tastes like chalk. Spreads like play-doh on carpet. I'll take my oil with my nutter, thank you very much. I stir the oil back in with tahini paste. What's the point of a good hummus without those fabulous oils?
  • HealthyJho
    HealthyJho Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Like someone mentioned above, trader's joes peanut butter is a good one..
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I prefer hydrogenated as I hate having to refrigerate my PB, and I don't like having to stir the oil back in every time I use it.

Why stir it back in???

I've poured off the oil before out of sheer annoyance and the peanut butter ended up hard, crumbly, and not spreadable. Would not recommend.

The Krema brand mentioned up-thread doesn't separate in my experience.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    MasterVal wrote: »
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    raven56706 wrote: »
    im looking for a peanut butter which i dont have to stir and just have it ready to go

Sprouts has one that is only peanuts...no stir...no refrig. I like it.

Be careful though...they have one that doesn't have added ingredients but it has to be stirred and kept in the refrig.

What does this mean?

It means that she does not like to stir :smile:

You're right...I hate to stir...I hate to also have to store in the frig after I stir.

I reduce the need for stirring by storing it upside-down until I am ready to use. I don't store it in the frig and there is no degradation of flavor if used within a few months.

I use Smuckers or the Whole Foods brand or Shaw's new organic line.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

Why stir it back in???

I've poured off the oil before out of sheer annoyance and the peanut butter ended up hard, crumbly, and not spreadable. Would not recommend.

You can add a bit of water and stir vigorously. It will become creamy again.
    It's a trick my people do with tahini sauce. ;)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    I prefer peanut only peanut butter with no added salt. I either just blend up some peanuts in my Vitamix and make my own, use the grinding machine at the grocery store and make it there (a little more pricey doing that), or buy a jar with only peanuts as the ingredient. On the latter, any brand is fine with me. On the jarred PB, a few days before I open it and put it in the fridge I turn the jar upside down and just let the oil rise on its own through the PB. The next day I do that again, and on the 3rd day I stir it up (easier to stir) and put it in the fridge. Don't have to stir it again after that.

Smart! I used to store my unopened jars upside down just to make stirring a little easier (oil didn't splash out so much) before putting it in the fridge.

Usually now, I just pour some of the oil off the top and use it for popcorn or stir fry. I always thought the pb was too runny with all the oil anyway and it lowers the calories of the pb.
  • vanessasaurousrex
    vanessasaurousrex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    EARTH BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soo good
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options

If it matters to you, anything hydrogenated has trans fats.

Well, sort of. Partially hydrogenated oil has trans fat. Fully hydrogenated oil does not. If the ingredient list does not specify which it is, then the nutrition information will tell you. Half a gram or less of trans fat can be rounded down to zero; other than that, trans fat has the be on the nutrition label in the U.S.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

Why stir it back in???

You can add a bit of water and stir vigorously. It will become creamy again.
    It's a trick my people do with tahini sauce. ;)

Good trick to reduce the oil in the peanut butter, but if I add water back then I still have to stir. Wanting to throw the jar against the wall because the peanut butter was so difficult to stir is why I was annoyed in the first place, so I'm not sure this would have helped me. :tongue:

Might help OP, though!
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Once Again is the only brand I have tried that is 100% peanuts. I love it!