What to do with canned tuna?!

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making a salad with a couple cans of tuna, a can of drained chick peas and one of those little jars of marinated artichoke hearts. Yummy, and it makes a lot.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    idk how healthy it is but I love tuna with a bit of mayonnaise, garlic salt, cracked pepper...on lime tortilla chips. wonderful delicious snack
  • eferurhobojen
    eferurhobojen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi SBH Weave

This recipe was given to me by a friend it's good because you can have it hot/cold. Great with whole grain pasta or brown rice.

High in all the essentials.

1 can of tuna in sunflower oil
    1 small onion
    1 cube of Maggie seasoning
    1tsp of dried thyme
    1 tsp of fish seasoning
    1/2 a Scott bonnet pepper or dried chilli pepper
    As many cherry tomatoes as you like.
    1 Celery stick optional

Pour the oil from the tin into a frying pan add chopped onions ,Maggie,dried thyme,fish seasoning,chilli or bonnet pepper, fry until cherry toms release juice then turn off. Then add tuna.

• pinklipstick13
    pinklipstick13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tuna patties are the "poor man"'crab cake and they're delicious! Just mix your very drained Tuna with egg or egg white, a little light mayo, Dijon mustard, some scallions, and pan fry until brown on both sides

This sounds really good, need to try it out.
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Have you tried packaged salmon?
  • pinklipstick13
    pinklipstick13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Mix it with you favorite flavor of laughing cow cheese. I like the garlic and herb one.

I love laughing cow cheese. I love tuna. The two together...oh my god. I hate it so much. I was so surprised at how bad I thought it tasted.

Love both as well...
    So it wasn't a good combination?
    Which laughing cow flavor did u choose?
  • matildamagic
    matildamagic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make a tuna miso noodle soup type dish for lunch...

1. Break noodles into boiling water
    2. Add frozen veg of choice (or fresh, I just tend to keep a bag of veg in my boss' freezer)
    3. Add miso paste, soy sauce, s+p (for variation sometimes I use sweet chilli although it is v.v.high in sugar)
    4. Add tinned tuna
    5. Let it simmer for 5 mins or so, until some of the water has reduced into a thin sauce

Delicious! I love this lunch because it is really filling yet light enough for me to feel energetic afterwards, avoiding the mid-afternoon slump!
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tuna with a little salsa and some shredded cheese. I turn it into a quesadilla.
    It's also good mixed with some Italian dressing and eaten on crackers.
  • corissasilva
    corissasilva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i make super delicious tuna cakes with lemon dijon sauce completely clean!!
  • corissasilva
    corissasilva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    two cans of tuna
    salt pepper lil garlic
    plain greek yogurt
    lemon juice
    chopped scallion
    egg whites
    parmesan cheese

mix and put in a pan sprayed with pam

they are so good
    the sauce is scallion
    lemon juice
    dijon mustard
    pepper and greek yogurt

mix and u are done
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Tuna Salad

2 cans tuna, drained
    3 boiled eggs (with or without yolks)
    chopped celery
    chopped onion
    sweet pickle relish
    enough light salad dressing to hold it together

Refrigerate until cold through. Serve on toast
  • ticketmls
    ticketmls Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Even though I love tuna salad I too get bored with it. My suggestion is to buy the best canned tuna. I get the Italian tuna in olive oil. Yards above the regular ones.
  • AllyR612
    AllyR612 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I mix a tuna pouch with hummus and a little light ranch dressing. Sometimes I add in chopped onions and green olives. It's delicious! I eat this on a salad or with crackers or whole grain baguette.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i am mixing a can of tuna with some mayo and veggies, and using that as a dip for saltine crackers today.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    JeffBrown3 wrote: »
    tuna tetrazzini is easy and delicious. Many easy recipes on google.
    family favorite!

• JoshLibby
    JoshLibby Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Put it in a bowl with mayo and eat it.
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    edwardetr wrote: »
    Someone on here mentioned mixing with avocado instead of mayo. We put it in a salad with sunflower seeds and dried cranberries. Tuna melt.

Oh my favorite. Avocado instead of mayo (I'm not a mayo fan anyway), little bit of diced onion, pinch of salt. I eat it for my afternoon snack at work! Sometimes I'll throw it on a cucumber slice but usually I just eat it with a fork :smiley:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I just mixed a can with 2 tbsp of smoked gouda pimento cheese and some chipotle hot sauce. Slathered it between 2 pieces of Sesame bread and YUM!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If using it for a low calorie high volume food, my favorite recipe for it is a can of tuna, a copped tomato, chopped onion or scallions, diced celery, seasoned salt, lemon pepper, onion powder. Mix it all up, eat it plain or on lettuce wraps.
  • 46beth
    46beth Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just steamed mix frozen veggies, boiled brown rice and mix it with tuna and just add salt and pepper or a little bit of soy sauce.