Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    *peeping head back out from under aforementioned rock... Just to say thanks that you regular posters are so welcoming to newbies. Even creepy stalker types like me. In fact, your responses lifted my mood so much last night that despite being horribly hungover (due to unexpected week night drinking caused by boyfriend losing his job) I moved my fat backside down to the spare room and got my weights done. Admittedly not the best workout I've ever done - and I did eat a bag of crisps afterward- but it's at least a half-win surely?!
    Totally a win. Yay!!

Agreed! You're a rock star.

Haha, I see what you did there...with the ROCK...
    But I agree! Nice job, Cosmo!

I missed that!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?

It is a squash that when cooked, comes out of the cut half like spaghetti strands. It is a good replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. I use it quite a bit. The texture is more like al dente spaghetti, a bit crunchy but it works. Google it or if you have Pinterest, look it up.

Its disgusting Don't do it.

I think Nicci and I are the same person. I agree. It is disgusting. DON'T DO IT. I am going to judge here, I think the only people who like it are people who eat it because they think its healthy. Like people fool themselves into believing zucchini is good for them and tasty. Its an illusion. You are all nuts.

I never eat things just because they're healthy--I'm way too picky for that. I enjoy zucchini and I LOVE spaghetti squash. SO THERE. ;)

Note my comment about crazy people. Just sayin'

I don't deny being nuts. It's a good thing! :p

Well as a fellow crazy person I'll just have to agree to disagree on the epic of utterly disgusting squash spaghetti. And Zucchini. And Summer Squash. And horror of horrors....eggplant.

I enjoy all of these. Except summer squash, because I have no idea what that is or what it tastes like. :p It seems to me that you dislike squash in general, though!

Mushy vegetables remember?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I don't know what candy corn is.

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

Candy corn is unheard of in the UK. I only know what it is because I make dollhouse miniatures for a US-centric market and kept seeing other miniaturists making them. I've no idea what they actually taste of having never seen a real-life one.

In good news I went for a swim today. It was very slow-going but at least I went. Also my one-piece costume now only just fits. I had to model it in front of the hubby to check nothing was trying to escape 'down there'. With the growing bump I can't see for myself anymore! Time for a new swimming costume methinks.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

Told you it was a gross confession.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

Candy corn is unheard of in the UK. I only know what it is because I make dollhouse miniatures for a US-centric market and kept seeing other miniaturists making them. I've no idea what they actually taste of having never seen a real-life one.

In good news I went for a swim today. It was very slow-going but at least I went. Also my one-piece costume now only just fits. I had to model it in front of the hubby to check nothing was trying to escape 'down there'. With the growing bump I can't see for myself anymore! Time for a new swimming costume methinks.

It's phrases like these that make me love the international dynamic we have in here.

Confession: I took today off with the intention of getting lots of homework done. I'm now thinking about baking something and watching documentaries all day. Motivation fail. ;)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I agree that weight lifting is really interesting to me. I love all the results the ladies around here are getting! What's stopping me is anxiety... I just cannot bring myself to wander into the weight section with all those big men. I'm thinking about making my own, relatively cheap weights at home. Has anyone done this?

Also you guys have done a good job at making me crave bananas. Especially a cold banana smoothie...

Could you book a trainer for a couple of sessions to take you in the weights room and show you? Find out when the weights room is less busy? Thats what i did. I'm still nervous about going in that area on my own, but at least i know roughly what i'm doing.
    If I'm shown by a woman I imagine I'd be a bit more comfortable :lol: I'd probably be comparing my body to her's and feeling embarrassed about it, but if she's nice then I could probably handle the selfconsciousness.
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    I agree that weight lifting is really interesting to me. I love all the results the ladies around here are getting! What's stopping me is anxiety... I just cannot bring myself to wander into the weight section with all those big men. I'm thinking about making my own, relatively cheap weights at home. Has anyone done this?

Also you guys have done a good job at making me crave bananas. Especially a cold banana smoothie...

I am also scared of the weight room. But I was fed up of letting this put me off , so I sourced some relatively cheap basic equipment to start me off. Barbell, a few dumbells etc. I do my weights in my spare room where no one can see me and I check my form on the many you tube videos you can find on the subject. Hopefully I'll eventually progress to the gym as I don't have room for loads of equipment but doing it this way means I'm at least making some progress. And I have to say, I am loving it so far. Early days for me still but hopefully the love continues. I think what I like most is the feeling of achievement by realising what my body is capable of lifting even in the early stages. That and also, the other day I had my 7 yr old niece round. She looked at my barbell and said' Can you really lift that Aunty Cosmo (not my real name!) and when I responded that I could, she said' Wow, you must be really strong' I felt awesome! One of the reasons I am trying to get fit is to set a good example for my 4 nieces. They have bad examples from elsewhere and I want them to know you don't have to starve yourself or spend 3 hours a day on the treadmill in the gym to be healthy. (sorry for the epic post - seems now I've started I just can't shut up)
    You're a great example on your nieces and the 7 year old's comment was really adorable. Thanks for your reply! Maybe I'll start doing what you're doing- invest in some cheap equipment and eventually try to work my way up to the gym. I did have some weight equipment handy when I lived with my mom and brother (it was his). I wish I would have started working on my physique back then :tongue:
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Also I used to be a Girl Scout and sell cookies, but back then we didn't have Savannah Smiles (and I thought tagalongs and do-si-dos were peanut butter sandwiches and peanut butter patties?). I wish we had those because my name is Savannah and it might have helped me promote the cookie :sunglasses:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

My daughter made this in her culinary arts class in high school: Confectioners sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and food coloring. It's basically icing allowed to harden in a mold. I think hers was white, yellow and orange, but I have seen the brown in stores. One of her classmates made it in the school colors. I liked it until she made it 12 times in a row at home to practice...overexposure turned me off of it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

Told you it was a gross confession.

So equally gross I did this several months ago. I was in a hurry, had tights and mini thong underwear on. Pulled down the tights and forgot the underwear. Realized it the same way you did. I was at the office. The underwear went right into the trash.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I may bring some candy corn with me next year so you can see/ experience it. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options

It's phrases like these that make me love the international dynamic we have in here.

Confession: I took today off with the intention of getting lots of homework done. I'm now thinking about baking something and watching documentaries all day. Motivation fail. ;)

That is what I want to do. I am so tired today. I think because it feels like fall outside. I am in fall clothes with boots and a jacket on!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Could you book a trainer for a couple of sessions to take you in the weights room and show you? Find out when the weights room is less busy? Thats what i did. I'm still nervous about going in that area on my own, but at least i know roughly what i'm doing.
    If I'm shown by a woman I imagine I'd be a bit more comfortable :lol: I'd probably be comparing my body to her's and feeling embarrassed about it, but if she's nice then I could probably handle the selfconsciousness.

I've had both female and male trainers and found i get on with either of them, and don't do body comparisons. Of course they're fitter than me, thats what i pay them for.

I've also just taken delivery of some multi-weight dumb bells to do arm/shoulder workouts at home in Devon (my gym/trainer is in london).

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

A few questions:

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?

It is a squash that when cooked, comes out of the cut half like spaghetti strands. It is a good replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. I use it quite a bit. The texture is more like al dente spaghetti, a bit crunchy but it works. Google it or if you have Pinterest, look it up.

I think Nicci and I are the same person. I agree. It is disgusting. DON'T DO IT. I am going to judge here, I think the only people who like it are people who eat it because they think its healthy. Like people fool themselves into believing zucchini is good for them and tasty. Its an illusion. You are all nuts.

I like it, but I find it to be really hard to cook correctly. I'm a decent cook, but not when it comes to spaghetti squash. I can't seem to get it to come out as anything other than a big lump of mush.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy_corn_strewn_on_a_black_background.jpg

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

• AngryViking1970
    Options

A few questions:

I tried it once. I thought it was gross.

I love it! And it's so easy...I just poke a million holes in it, pop it in the microwave for 5-6 minutes depending on it;s size, cut it open, and scrape it. All I usually put on it is salt, pepper, garlic powder and maybe a bit of parmesan cheese..but not usually. So good!
    Also welcome, @CosmoTI! Don't go back to your rock!! Stay!!!

Try this recipe: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/08/tex-mex-baked-spaghetti-squash/?utm_source=MFP&utm_medium=Facebook
    It's seriously amazing. I made it twice for my husband and I, and we LOVED it. I wish I could make it more often, but the spaghetti squash here is imported from the United States and you don't even want to KNOW how much those babies cost... Let's just say that our meal cost about as much as a meal at a nice restaurant! ;)

That looks so good. I'm going to try again with the squash because I must have this in my belly.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am feeling a little judgmental about my coworkers today. There is one supervisor in the building for about 70 of us and she's on the other side of the building. I am trying to work, but I am so distracted by the chatter going on that I can't. (I can hear it over the radio with my headphones in)

Also, one person in particular made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Day before yesterday, I heard her arguing with her daughter about money. "I don't have $250 to give you." yesterday was pay day and we all heard a sob story about our hospital pharmacy payroll deducting another employee's prescription from her paycheck and I saw a couple of people give her cash "until payroll fixes this". Today the sob story is that she lost her wallet with her cash, debit card, credit card, driver's license and social security card in it and she doesn't even have enough gas to get to the babysitter this afternoon to pick up her grand daughter. More people have given her money. I have the worst feeling that she now has $250 to give her daughter and I have several coworkers who have been scammed.
  • FluffySandwich
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've had both female and male trainers and found i get on with either of them, and don't do body comparisons. Of course they're fitter than me, thats what i pay them for.

I've also just taken delivery of some multi-weight dumb bells to do arm/shoulder workouts at home in Devon (my gym/trainer is in london).
    Yeah it's definitely a problem with me. I have pretty bad anxiety and am always thinking that people on the street are judging me, even if I know it's not the case.

I got some grapefruit yesterday after not having it in forever and this stuff is sooooo good.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Yeah it's definitely a problem with me. I have pretty bad anxiety and am always thinking that people on the street are judging me, even if I know it's not the case.

I got some grapefruit yesterday after not having it in forever and this stuff is sooooo good.

Ah so maybe working out at home, with some youtube videos might be the way forward for you? Have a look for bodyweight exercises, no equipment needed.

• AngryViking1970
    Options
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    Looks like it's time to eat back some calories. >:)

Yes, I would most definitely eat something.

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!

I tried the Candy Corn M&Ms & while they were pretty tasty they were way too sweet.

I will just enjoy my plain old candy corn. Just a little of that stuff goes a long way.

I love candy corn. I love to bite each color off individually.

I can't eat it anymore. The sugar shock issue ....
    I used to eat them like that. XD

Candy corn pumpkins are my favorite because they're too cute.

There are different flavored candy corn on The Impulsive Buy and one of the flavors is fruit creme. It sounds disgusting :s

I never liked the pumpkins. Only the corn. I think the pumpkins are the wrong shape. The corn shape is perfect for eating each tiny section. It slows you down too! No stuffing a handful of those babies into your mouth!

This is 100% accurate. I love candy corn, shun the pumpkins and eat them by color. They're probably out now, right? I need to get me some.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

A few questions:

I never eat things just because they're healthy--I'm way too picky for that. I enjoy zucchini and I LOVE spaghetti squash. SO THERE. ;)

Note my comment about crazy people. Just sayin'

I don't deny being nuts. It's a good thing! :p

Well as a fellow crazy person I'll just have to agree to disagree on the epic of utterly disgusting squash spaghetti. And Zucchini. And Summer Squash. And horror of horrors....eggplant.

I enjoy all of these. Except summer squash, because I have no idea what that is or what it tastes like. :p It seems to me that you dislike squash in general, though!

Mushy vegetables remember?

Not a fan of mushy or slimey vegetables either.

My BFF sometimes grows a yellow zucchini that is nice and crisp, I've happily eaten it raw.