August 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,498 Member
    I'm definitely one who likes to greet other runners, walkers and bikers though the closer you get to Minneapolis, the less likely you'll get a return greeting.

@rumijs, @aleph_0, @nettiejb, @vandinem & @unrelentingminx, way to go!
    @9voice9, unless I stop long enough for my heartrate to get back to normal, I don't feel like I'm losing out on anything by stopping now and again. When I take Kody running, I'm forced to stop so I can water him and pick up his poop. "Glazing a Trail"...love it!
    @skippygirlsmom, that is awesome!! Such a great picture of Skip too, so beautiful! Give her a high five from me!
    @shanaber, way to go Hobbes!!
    @ruqayyahsmum, I find you to be an inspiration! In spite of having to deal with the scum, you continue to keep going. You are a strong woman! and your daughter is very cute!
    @patrikc333, I didn't run marathon distance today, but I'm also having barbecue. I have 3 racks of ribs on the smoker right now.
    @JoRocka, I know exactly what you're saying about wanting to scream encouragement. It's not the ultra fit, or the multi-marathoner that give me inspiration, it's the folks who decided to make a change and are bustin' their *kitten* to improve themselves! THOSE are the folks I'm cheering for the loudest, but like you...inside. I don't' want to risk offending them by saying anything. I will give them a big friendly smile, however. Awesome 5K btw! I'd be thrilled if I could do it that fast.
    @ddmom0811, did you happen to take any pictures of your time in SF? Sounds like some scenic running! I've seen that bubble soccer. My son wants to do that for his birthday party sometime.
    @kristinegift , cool tat! Beats the 26.2 bumper sticker any day.
    @mwyvr, glad the hat is working out. I just ordered the visor version. I got a great deal, but after I placed the order I realized the size was in Spain. I wonder if I'll get the real version.

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    @ddmom0811

what you are quoting is absolutely true

I think it is important to split the mind from the body

@ inner voice in your mind that tells you "quit, why do you bother, go home"

and the body, that can keep going for longer

the problem is that is not so easy :smiley:
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    jcpydfg9519m.jpg
    ec291nfwvc9c.jpg
    the lake where we ran today

1/8/15 - 3 miles
    3/8/15 - 1.5 miles
    4/8/15 - 1.5 miles
    6/8/15 - 1.5 miles
    7/8/15 - 2 miles
    8/8/15 - 3 miles
    10/8/15 - 1.75 miles
    11/8/15 - 1.75 miles
    13/8/15 - 1.75 miles
    14/8/15 - 1.75 miles
    16/8/15 - 3 miles
    17/8/15 - 2 miles
    19/8/15 - 1.5 miles
    20/8/15 - 1 mile
    23/8/15 - 3.5 miles
    26/8/15 - 1.75 miles
    27/8/15 - 2.7 miles
    28/8/15 - 2.65 miles
    30/8/15 - 3.1 miles

exercise.png

i had planned to run another mile and i should have but i got put off by a heckler
    now i get stuff said to me all the time, usually along the lines of look at that fatty jiggling, i own a mirror, i know at 214lb down from 387lb that theres a fair amount of movement when i run

At the lake they have those pedal carts available for hire and on the last stretch one was coming towards us. the woman was sat doing nothing while her husband did all the pedalling and the kids bounced in thier seats. she had looked me up and down, laughed and then sneered before loudly saying "this is the best way to get around the lake, i dont have time for stupid running" i shouted back at her " thats nice, i do!"

but it bothered me so much that when i reached the car park i got in instead of running a half mile up the road and back again like i had planned

This is unbelievable, truly unbelievable. Am so sorry you have to endure all of this. Jerks! I wish they do this to me because, I have to say, I would not be as nice as you are and would make them feel like *kitten* for what they say!
  • snha
    8/1: 5 miles
    8/2: 11.5 miles
    8/3: 4 miles
    8/4: XT day: 42 min bike (12 miles) and 35 min walk (2 miles), AKA: 2 episodes of Gilmore Girls
    8/5: 8 miles
    8/6: 6.5 miles with the Thursday crew
    8/7: 5 miles
    8/8: 3 miles
    8/9: 18 miles
    8/10: 4 miles
    8/11: REST DAY!!
    8/12: 10 miles
    8/13: 7 miles am, 6.4 miles pm with Thursday crew
    8/14: REST DAY!!
    8/15: 6 miles with the Saturday morning group
    8/16: 14 miles
    8/17: 5 miles
    8/18: Rest
    8/19: 9.2 miles
    8/20: 8 miles am + 6.3 miles pm with Thursday crew
    8/21: Rest (went shopping and got the last of the "sizing down" clothes I need for summer/fall)
    8/22: 5 miles
    8/23: 15.1 miles
    8/24: 4 miles
    8/25: XT: 14 miles stationary bike, AKA: 2 episodes of You're the Worst
    8/26: 8 miles -- Apparently I had scheduled myself a surpise cutback-ish week this week. Yay!
    8/27: 5 miles am, 6.4 miles pm with Thursday crew
    8/28: Rest
    8/29: 6 mile
    8/30: 16 miles

Goal achieved!! Whatever I run tomorrow is just icing on the cake :)

202.4/200

exercise.png

Excellent job. Congratulations!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited August 2015
    8/1 - 10 miles
    8/2 - 3.2 miles
    8/3 - 5.5 miles 1st day of school here, can't believe my baby is a Sophomore!
    8/4 - 3.2 miles
    8/5 - rest day
    8/6 - 1.8 miles ending up not getting back out last night - had to bring work home with me and worked until 9:30
    8/7 - 4.4 miles in the fog :tongue: 5K Run to the Rescue with Skip and some of her teammates tomorrow.
    8/8 - 3.1 Run to the Rescue 5K today. Skip and I ran, it was trail for almost 2 miles (I've never run off the road) then onto the road, then onto parking lot gravel (ugh) then back to and finish on grass. We don't have official times, I was I did a 9:43 pace just over 30 min so not near a PR, Skip said she was about 23:49 not near her PR either. I thought it was a tough course, a few hills. The trail was hard for me very rooty and uneven, but it was a lot of fun. I finished 3rd in my AG and she finished 1st in her AG.
    8/9 - 9.3 miles
    8/10 - 3.5 miles of recovery - it's my birthday it's my birthday!! :sunglasses:
    8/11- 6.1 miles
    8/12 - 3.5 miles - Wed is usually my rest day but I need to be in work at OhDark30 the next two days so I ran today.
    8/13 - rest day
    8/14 - rest day - work got in the way for 2 days :-(
    8/15 - 6.5 miles - halfway right on schedule
    8/16 - 8.6 miles - longest run ever for Skip - so proud of her
    8/17 - 3.5 miles of leisurely run in the rain
    8/18 - rest day
    8/19 - 6.4 miles legs still sore and they talked to me the whole run - they weren't cursing so I kept going :smiley:
    8/20 - 5.1 miles
    8/21 - 3.5 miles - overslept a bit so I knew I couldn't do the 4.5 I wanted ended up with a 10:15 pace, felt great.
    8/22 - 6.5 miles
    8/23 - 3.5 miles legs so heavy ugh for the second day
    8/24 - rest day
    8/25 - 6.2 miles - couldn't be any nicer 60F low humidity, I was actually chilly the first 3 miles. Just an awesome run! Decided to run a true 10K my time was 1:04.17 I was very happy.
    8/26 - 5.5 miles - another fantastic morning, put the long sleeves on today. Skip's first meet is Saturday she can't wait to run it in this weather.
    8/27 - 3.5 miles
    8/28 - 6.1 miles
    8/29 - rest day
    8/30 - 7.3 miles - GOAL!!!! started out running in some light rain - then it stopped and the humidity became insane. I see a really nice guy when I run the Greenway every weekend, I learned today he has run a marathon in every state. Impressive!

126 miles of 120

exercise.png

Skip said thank you all for the congrats, she's still walking on cloud nine. She didn't run with me today, she went to a party last night and was too tired to get up. Ah the life of a teenager. Had to get Skip some new inserts for her running shoes so off to Fleet Feet we went. Decided I needed a new pair of kicks, got about 450 miles on my "old" pair. Brooks Glycerin 13s :smiley:

ron8ndck8fp4.jpg
  • snha
    JoRocka wrote: »
    i had planned to run another mile and i should have but i got put off by a heckler
    now i get stuff said to me all the time, usually along the lines of look at that fatty jiggling, i own a mirror, i know at 214lb down from 387lb that theres a fair amount of movement when i run

At the lake they have those pedal carts available for hire and on the last stretch one was coming towards us. the woman was sat doing nothing while her husband did all the pedalling and the kids bounced in thier seats. she had looked me up and down, laughed and then sneered before loudly saying "this is the best way to get around the lake, i dont have time for stupid running" i shouted back at her " thats nice, i do!"

but it bothered me so much that when i reached the car park i got in instead of running a half mile up the road and back again like i had planned

oh mai- that's awful!!! so sorry to hear that- I wish you could have finished!!!

it's funny I was driving yesterday and it was about 11:30 and MISERABLY hot (BF and I kept saying NO WAY IT"S ONLY 79*- it was just so unbearably hot and humid) anyway- this young man came literally slogging by my car while I was at a light. He was barely running- he must have been in his late teens- early twenties- over weight and just really grinding. And I seriously wanted to roll down the window and say F**K YES!!! My heart was bursting for him- because it was hot and miserably and he was out there effing doing it. (no way you'd catch my sorry butt out there at noon!!!)

But I know from here- some people really don't appreciate that type of encouragement so I kept my mouth shut-I'm a runner who says morning to everyone I pass whose out so this is hard for me... but I just wish every runner out there who struggled with the idea that someone was judging them knew there are runners everywhere who are silently cheering you on- GO GO GO KILL IT!! SO PROUD OF YOU. I do it for every runner I see- and I do it for anyone whose running in the mid day sun or the biting cold or driving rain.

Seriously- I just want to scream GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KILL IT!! but I can't. So any time you think someone is heckling you- remember there are silent runners (or sometimes not silent) cheering you on from the distance. You're making people proud all over.

^^ This.
  • snha
    To celebrate my first 200 mile month and a bout of decisiveness, I finally got the marathon tattoo I've wanted since last October when I ran my first one! It's 26.2 in roman numerals and it was so much less painful than I thought it would be. I'm loving it! I can't stop looking at it :)

souz5tf64da9.png
    u5oovhkqstrr.png

Awesome!
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    @7lenny7

1 rack of ribs, 2 chicken kebabs, 3 beef kebabs, polenta, roasted potatoes, 2 prawns kebabs and 5 mini pollock fillets

white and milk chocolate mousse

2060 cal :smiley::star: (just for dinner :innocent: )

• skippygirlsmom
    Congrats to everyone who made goal and to everyone close, it was another hot month.

@7lenny7 yeah new running clothes!
    @kristinegift love love love the tat! I have a few and the pain has never bothered me. The one on my back took well over 3 hours to do so I was more tired than sore.
    @ruqayyahsmum why can't people keep their stupid comments to themselves. What happened to if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything. Love the pictures. Insanely great weight loss!
    @jorocka love the look on your face, super time in the 5K. You'd love to run with Skip, she is always "great pace" "nice run" "woohoo you're doing great" thumbs up, waves she's the public relations director of running. I like nothing better than a thumbs up or a "great job" when I'm running.
    @9voice9 Super 5K. We have a Krispy Kreme dount run here, I can't imagine doing that. I'm a person that runs when I run, I never stop to take pictures or anything else. But I also don't take my phone and I run before work and the streets in my neighborhood are very nice but not photo worthy. Though there was a big turtle scrolling across the Greenway today. Congrats on the toenail loss LOL I have one that is black since June.
    @ddmom0811 Sounds like the run across Golden Gate was awesome. I love SF, been there a few times. You had a great mileage month.
    @shanaber I just love Hobbs and his ribbons, he's so proud.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    @skippygirlsmom I love those new shoes! So pink, so bright! Just my kind of shoe! ;)
    @7lenny7, @snha, Thanks! I'm glad people like it (and that I didn't make a typo on the tat!).
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @kristinegift I love It! glad it wasn't terribly painful! My husband isnt keen on the tattoos, not so sure i'd ever get one.... but i'm diggin' yours and thinking mmm, I bet I could totally pull of a running tat!

You totally could! But might require some husband persuasion ;)
    @kristinegift love love love the tat! I have a few and the pain has never bothered me. The one on my back took well over 3 hours to do so I was more tired than sore.

Oh my gosh, that's such a long time! Mine took about 10 minutes and I was like, Not bad but to do this for hours? Whole different story! I'm finding that so many other runners here have tats and I want to see all of them!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    @skippygirlsmom love the shoes! Loved the pic of skip! She's just so cute!

My new pair20150830_172921_zps0zjo76wy_edit_1440973881280_zpshdxzni5h.jpg
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Okay I lied. I realized that today is the last day I can get up to run at a normal hour (5:30). As starting tomorrow I have to get up an hour earlier (430) if I'mi planning to run. So, I ran a 5k. I went out intending to run a 5k, after the first k debated doing a shorter loop and then convinced myself to continue on for the full 5k length.

70/50km for august. Hoping for 100km in September as half-marathon training starts. Half marathon on December 6.
  • skippygirlsmom
    edited August 2015
    @kristinegift it was a long time, we took a break so I could get something to eat for about 10 mins because I started to feel faint. The one on my ankle took about 30 mins and that was a breeze compared to the first. On my back I have a hobo clown and my ankle is a combination of roses and hearts braided around my ankle with Dad written on the outside. I love bright shoes too, don't always get them but love them.
    @elise4270 our shoes look so much alike
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Seriously- I just want to scream GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KILL IT!! but I can't. So any time you think someone is heckling you- remember there are silent runners (or sometimes not silent) cheering you on from the distance. You're making people proud all over.
    @JoRocka That's a great encouragement, well said flowersmh.gif
    And on top of that, you also ran an awesome 5k time!

@kristinegift That's a really cool tattoo! I like the roman-numbers idea.
    @skippygirlsmom Congratulations to Skip, you have good reasons to be proud!
    @9voice9 Congrats, I guess. ;-D Fortunately,I haven't had that happen to me yet. Maybe that means I'm not a real runner girl yet, but that's okay for me.
    @unrelentingminx Wow, you left your goal behind by a lot. Well done!
    @ruqayyahsmum You too, that's a lot of extra miles you did this month. Too bad that that woman's comment ruinded your last mile. Imho, she's the one who's stupid, not the running. Good that you managed to shout a comment back :)
    @shell1005 That's sounds like a cool lady. I wanne be like that when I'm seventy, too!

I'm so far behind on this thread, I just read the last few pages. The last week was really stressful (a mix of work-stuff combined with bad time-management on my side...). Put me back not only on reading, but on actual running as well. *sigh*
    I finally got a chance to run on Friday evening, but after two nights with less than 3 hours sleep, I totally wasn't in shape, so I didn't even last for half an hour.
    After a lazy Saturday, I felt recovered enough for a longish 12km run. I might try to squeeze a short run in on Monday evening, so that I can at least call it a hundred for the month.

97.6km of 111km done
    exercise.png

• Dichotomy1976
    Dichotomy1976 Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2015
    2/8: 8.1 Miles
    4/8: 3.8 Miles
    6/8: 3.8 Miles
    11/8: 9.1 Miles
    14/8: 5.0 Miles
    19/8: 3.1 Miles
    21/8: 11.2 Miles
    24/8: 6.2 Miles
    Head Cold :(
    30/8: 12.6 Miles

exercise.png

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited August 2015
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    just run my first marathon while in training - 43.2k / 26.8 miles [...]
    552km for August, very satisfied

@patrikc333 Congrats on the marathon distance and on your monthly total ... yikes that's impressive. Some might think crazy but I would not be one of them!

@shell1005 What a fabulous story!

@ruqayyahsmum Don't let hecklers stop you, not for one minute. You've made amazing progress and are doing things that the vast majority of the population can't, or won't, do. Be proud and run on.

@kristinegift I've never wanted a tatoo, I've got scars aplenty anyway, but I have to say... I could go for a running one. Hmnn.

@5BeautifulDays @7lenny7 I say good morning|afternoon|evening to all runners and most who aren't too. I'm not that impressed with runners who can't spare courtesy. In the mountains I don't think I've ever *not* been greeted by a trail runner; but in the city it's a different story. This week while running 21km through the busiest running area of Vancouver (seawall) not a single runner out of hundreds returned my greeting. Bizarre. Maybe I had snot hanging from my face.

Today Kady and I ran 2 hours + through decently hilly trails after the biggest wind storm we've had in while. Some trails closed due to downed power lines and some dodgy looking trees still standing that shouldn't be for long, but my oh my it was a perfect run. Perfect. Love those. 1-888-RUN-GR8T please ship me a year's worth!

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		221.56 km
    Goal:			322 km / 200 miles (68% completed)
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Aug 30 17.57 km Mountain trail run
    Aug 29 -----    Have some other fun day
    Aug 28 08.07 km Easy low HR recovery run
    Aug 27 21.02 km Hat-equipped in the heat for the first time. It works! 
    Aug 26 -----    Had to fast for kidney stone procedure that wasn't necessary, but still no run
    Aug 25 12.09 km Felt great! MAF HR out, picked it up +20 BPM on way back. 
    Aug 24 -----    Off for health
    Aug 23 07.67 km Date Run, feeling great after yesterday
    Aug 22 14.54 km Tons of trail climbing + back down, 847 meters climbing
    Aug 21 08.10 km Date Run Friday. Low HR.
    Aug 20 14.60 km Taking it easy along the river 
    Aug 19 14.10 km Mountain trail run
    Aug 18 10.08 km Lake trail run
    Aug 17 -----    Rest Day
    Aug 16 16.87 km HR up 20bpm over normal for pace, drugs?
    Aug 15 -----    Off for health
    Aug 14 -----    Off for health
    Aug 13 14.75 km Urine colour: Amber Ale bordering on Stout. Call 911.
    Aug 12 13.70 km Up at 0530H to beat the heat
    Aug 11 -----    Life Day
    Aug 10 -----    Life Day
    Aug 09 08.09 km Gentle welcome home date-run with Sue
    Aug 08 12.27 km Great cool run along Lake Sammamish near Seattle
    Aug 07 06.04 km Short run before really loooong driving day, bye bye Montana
    Aug 06 -----    Rest Day / 10km hiking in Swan Range, Montana
    Aug 05 08.09 km Easy trail in Bigfork Montana
    Aug 04 -----    Rest Day
    Aug 03 03.35 km Quick jaunt before long driving day, bye bye Alberta
    Aug 02 -----    Cycling while visiting family
    Aug 01 10.60 km Trails both wide + single track

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I am in for 75 miles! :)
    Aug 2nd - 8 mi
    Aug 9th - 5.5 mi
    Aug 11th - 4.7 mi
    Aug 13th - 4.7 mi
    Aug 15th - 10 mi
    Aug 30th - 5 mi

Total: 37.9 mi

I did not make my goal at all. Did not run for two weeks, but back to running.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    No update other than I am soooo tired.... Another great day at agility but I am exhausted and don't want to go to work tomorrow! Got in 4 miles this morning but it was hot and humid - after I believed when they said it would be cooler today, they lied!! Will hit my goal just in time tomorrow!

Date.......Miles......Total
    08/01.....8.45.......8.45
    08/02.....0.00.......8.45 - rest
    08/03.....0.00.......8.45 - unplanned rest +Agility
    08/04.....5.11.....13.56 - +Strength training
    08/05.....4.18.....17.74
    08/06.....4.86.....22.60 - +Strength training
    08/07.....5.32.....27.92
    08/08...10.48.....38.40
    08/09.....0.00.....38.40
    08/10.....5.10.....43.50 - + Agility
    08/11.....0.00.....43.50 - Houston
    08/12.....0.00.....43.50 - Houston
    08/13.....0.00.....43.50 - Houston
    08/14.....4.19.....47.69 - Shake out run
    08/15.....7.05.....54.74 - ugly run
    08/16.....2.00.....56.74 - Dog Beach Sunday!
    08/17.....7.16.....63.90 - + Agility
    08/18.....0.00.....63.90 - +Strength training
    08/19.....4.98.....68.88
    08/20.....0.00.....68.88 - +Strength training
    08/21.....5.52.....74.40
    08/22...12.02.....86.42
    08/23.....2.50.....88.92 - Dog Beach Sunday!
    08/24.....0.00.....88.92 - + Agility
    08/25.....5.28.....94.20 - +Strength training
    08/26.....6.30...100.50
    08/27.....5.07...105.57 - +Strength training
    08/28.....0.00...105.57
    08/29.....8.49...114.06 - + Agility Trial
    08/30.....4.16...118.22 - + Agility Trial

exercise.png
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    August goal 60 miles

8/1 I really...
    8/2 Need to find a better source
    8/3 For my Chinese take out supply....
    8/4 Managed a 1.17 "ralk" with all 3 puppies
    8/5 3.1 on the dreadmill until the aforementioned Chinese food from hell re "reared" (pun intended)
    its ugly head.
    8/6 2.52
    8/7 5
    8/8 3.67
    8/9 3.42
    8/10 rest
    8/11 2.22
    8/12 3.36
    8/13 4.25
    8/14 "life day" ( I like that!)
    8/15 3.65
    8/16 3.77
    8/17 3.34
    8/18 Bike
    8/19 rest
    8/20 3.47
    8/21 3.83
    8/22 it stopped raining so I cut the lawn instead of running!
    8/23 4.29
    8/24 3.68
    8/25 heavy yard work>>found all kinds of new muscles....which now hurt!
    8/26 6.33
    8/27 snorkel 3 hours.
    8/28 rest
    8/29 4
    8/30 3.12

Total 68.17

Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• spangolin
    spangolin Posts: 28 Member
    exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    mwyvr wrote: »

@kristinegift I've never wanted a tatoo, I've got scars aplenty anyway, but I have to say... I could go for a running one. Hmnn.

@mwyvr Haha, well if you want a tattoo in the future, a running one would be a good one to get! We all seem to be crazy about it ;)

PS: How do you get the fancy instagram embed to work on here? I tried yesterday and failed miserably.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Made it!!! With a few miles to spare :)

8/1 - 9 miles
    8/2 - 4 miles
    8/4 - 3.2 miles
    8/5 - 4 miles
    8/6 - 2.5 miles (hill repeats)
    8/8 - 6 miles (tempo run)
    8/9 - 3 miles
    8/12 - 4.5 miles (trail)
    8/13 - 4 miles
    8/14 - 2 miles
    8/15 - 10 miles
    8/16 - 2.6 miles (trail)
    8/19 - 3.1 miles
    8/20 - 4 miles
    8/22 - 11 miles
    8/25 - 3.1 miles (hill repeats)
    8/27 - 4 miles
    8/29 - 12 miles
    8/31 - 4 miles

exercise.png

• kristinegift
    edited August 2015
    8/1: 5 miles
    8/2: 11.5 miles
    8/3: 4 miles
    8/4: XT day: 42 min bike (12 miles) and 35 min walk (2 miles), AKA: 2 episodes of Gilmore Girls
    8/5: 8 miles
    8/6: 6.5 miles with the Thursday crew
    8/7: 5 miles
    8/8: 3 miles
    8/9: 18 miles
    8/10: 4 miles
    8/11: REST DAY!!
    8/12: 10 miles
    8/13: 7 miles am, 6.4 miles pm with Thursday crew
    8/14: REST DAY!!
    8/15: 6 miles with the Saturday morning group
    8/16: 14 miles
    8/17: 5 miles
    8/18: Rest
    8/19: 9.2 miles
    8/20: 8 miles am + 6.3 miles pm with Thursday crew
    8/21: Rest (went shopping and got the last of the "sizing down" clothes I need for summer/fall)
    8/22: 5 miles
    8/23: 15.1 miles
    8/24: 4 miles
    8/25: XT: 14 miles stationary bike, AKA: 2 episodes of You're the Worst
    8/26: 8 miles -- Apparently I had scheduled myself a surpise cutback-ish week this week. Yay!
    8/27: 5 miles am, 6.4 miles pm with Thursday crew
    8/28: Rest
    8/29: 6 mile
    8/30: 16 miles
    8/31: 5 miles

Above and beyond! And as others had assured me: no issues with sweat and the new ink, despite it being hot and humid this morning leaving me soaked through by the end of my run! Onward to September, all!

207.4/200

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Date Miles today. Miles for August

8/1 17 miles - 17
    8/2 REST DAY
    8/3 10.5 miles - 27.5
    8/4 9.25 miles - 36.75
    8/5 5.65 miles - 42.4
    8/6 REST DAY Unplanned (domestic emergency and bad weather)
    8/7 6.4 miles - 48.8
    8/8 18 miles - 66.8
    8/9 REST DAY
    8/10 10.15 - 76.95
    8/11 9.25 - 86.2
    8/12 6.25 - 92.45
    8/13 10 miles - 102.45
    8/14 6.2 miles - 108.65
    8/15 18 miles - 126.65
    8/16 REST DAY
    8/17 10.5 miles - 137.15
    8/18 10.5 miles - 147.65
    8/19 6.2 miles - 153.85
    8/20 9.4 miles - 163.25
    8/21 6.75 miles - 170
    8/22 18 miles - 188
    8/23 REST DAY
    8/24 10.55 miles - 198.55
    8/25 6 miles - 204.55
    8/26 REST DAY
    8/27 6.75 - 211.3
    8/28 REST DAY
    8/29 13.1 - 224.4
    8/30 REST DAY
    8/31 10.5 miles - 234.9

exercise.png

I will post September's challenge in a bit.
  • snha
    edited August 2015
    8/3 4.02 miles
    8/5 2.56
    8/13 4.11 (got sick for a few days)
    8/15 3.77
    8/16 2.17
    8/18 3.05
    8/19. 3.2
    8/21 3.76
    8/23. 3.65 -- traveling in Chicago and in a long time this was a first treadmill run. Did not like it really.
    8/25 4.73
    8/27 3.76 --This run was tough, but thanks to all your postings, I kept saying to myself: "have to do today's run"
    8/29 5.08 --I don't think I will be making the challenge of 50 miles (sickness early in the month), but will try in the next couple of days)
    8/31 6.29 -- I love it. I love it. Never before had I ran this much nor did I think I will make it. But I did. Woohoo!

50.17/50

YES. August, I got you! :) you probably can see am happy :)

exercise.png
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Goal: 40 miles

8/4 - 3.66 miles. Darn ITB bothered me around 3. I thought I was over this.
    8/6 - 4.33 miles. No ITB pain, but slowed WAY down. Cautiously optimistic :)
    8/10 - 4.53 miles. No pain again! Still very slow, but slow running is still running :)
    8/12 - 3 miles. Taking it easy so I can start adding long runs on the weekend.
    8/14 - 3.5 miles
    8/16 - 5.3 miles - felt great, no pain. A little sore in my hip a few hours later, so taking an extra rest day.
    8/19 - 3.1 miles - Moonlight 5k. It was HOT and HUMID, but averaged 10:30 miles on a hilly course. I'll take it!
    8/21 - 6 miles

**Vacation from 8/22-29 - Disney World. Meant to run a few times on the dreadmill, but just ran out of time. Walked 7+ miles per day (in the heat and humidity) so counted it as a week of cross training :)

8/31 - 5.5 miles

SO CLOSE to goal!

exercise.png[\img]
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2015
    mwyvr wrote: »

@mwyvr Haha, well if you want a tattoo in the future, a running one would be a good one to get! We all seem to be crazy about it ;)

PS: How do you get the fancy instagram embed to work on here? I tried yesterday and failed miserably.

Group tattoo!

@mwyvr amazing pic!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Well, ok. 29 miles short of 100, however got a third of that 71 in the last 6 days, so on track for next month.
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    August 3 - 5.05 miles
    August 6 - 2.15 miles

August 9 - 4.99 miles (Camino of St. James 8k)
    August 11 - 2.26 miles
    August 13 - 2.01 miles
    August 15 - 3.12 miles

August 17 - 2.26 miles
    August 19 - 2.25 miles
    August 21 - 2.21 miles

August 23 - 4 miles
    August 25 - 2.11 miles
    August 26 - 2.1 miles
    August 27 - 2.15 miles
    August 29 - 3.12 miles (Super Run)

August 30 - 2.37 miles
    August 31 - 2.25 miles

Whoo hoo!! Exceeded my goal for August!

2hlO5PhBoDQmzsLZ_fimeAdvJ4rQ-vuDoTRi7lzUh64=w360-h497-no

exercise.png

exercise.png

• sushan88
    sushan88 Posts: 14 Member
    I've finished the month short of my goal of 250 km, but am happy to have made it over the 200 mark and had a good finish with a 15 k run yesterday. Thanks for all the inspiration and encouragement everyone.

exercise.png