The biggest summer challenge! :]

Options

Replies

• lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys! I'm going to my parents house this weekend, so I'll have limited internet time - just post your weigh-in as you normally would (preferably on, before, or just a little after Sunday) so that I can have updated stats for Andrea when I get back Sunday evening. I'll be sure to post when I get the chance, though. =D

Have a fantastic weekend, and keep up the hard work.
  • scaatynj
    scaatynj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Met Thursday's Challenge!
    Go team Lavender!
  • coultesr
    coultesr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Finally met all of Thursday's challenge this morning. Friday's challenge, here we come...

Excited for the weekend
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Okay, stupid question, but if Nika or Andrea can post the formula for figuring percentage of weight lost (sorry, math was never my strong suit), the Blue Team can do that math for you when posting our weekly weight.

Go Blue!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    You take the amount of weight lost, divided by current weight and multiply by 100

2.4 lbs. / 175 * 100 = 1.37%
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY CHALLENGE
    9 glasses of water(oh yeah people)
    Message your team member and see how they're doing! :)
    Success - woot! :smile:
  • therobinator
    Options
    You take the amount of weight lost, divided by current weight and multiply by 100

Sorry, this is incorrect. It compares the amount of weight lost to the current weight, when really it should compare the amount of weight lost to the weight you were *before* you lost some.

For example, if a 100 pound person lost 10 pounds -- we all know that that's a 10% weight loss. But by your formula, it would be 10 lbs / 90 * 100 = 11.11%.

The correct formula should be the amount of weight lost, divided by what you weighed before losing, and then multiply by 100. So, 10 lbs / 100 * 100 = 10%
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nisijam5 and I are wondering if Angelamu7 can join us in Team Emerald as her team member hasn’t made an appearance we’re happy to have 3 of us in a team and being part of a team is what makes challenges like this more fun (and effective).
  • andrea1237
    andrea1237 Posts: 44
    Options
    Nisijam5 and I are wondering if Angelamu7 can join us in Team Emerald as her team member hasn’t made an appearance we’re happy to have 3 of us in a team and being part of a team is what makes challenges like this more fun (and effective).

I have to get all of the people who are inactive, and delete them out of the challenge.
    We can't have slackers haha.
    I will let you know by the end of today, hopefully, what's going to happen.
    She'll have a new partner. :]
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am new and Angelamu7's partner. Luckily I have met all the challenges so far this week (except for contacting my partner on the right day, I did it today) I am very excited about joining. My starting weight was 145, hoping on Sunday for it to be lower. Oh, and what is my team color? Thanks! :wink:
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Met Thursday's Challenge!
    Go team Lavender!

WooHoo Tean Lavender!!!

Thrusdays challenge met!
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new. My starting weight as of last Sunday was 238.2 lbs.
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Has Friday's challenge been issued yet? I'm a new one in... please bear with me!!!
    :wink:
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have meet all challenges this week I'm team beige, hope my partner chimes in :)
  • therobinator
    Options
    THURSDAY CHALLENGE
    9 glasses of water(oh yeah people)
    Message your team member and see how they're doing! :)

FRIDAY CHALLENGE
    30 minutes of cardio
    Stay under on calories

For me, it's a Yes on Thursday, and a fail on Friday.
  • ivorythorns
    Options
    Love the challenges so far... Keep 'em coming!
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

Sorry, this is incorrect. It compares the amount of weight lost to the current weight, when really it should compare the amount of weight lost to the weight you were *before* you lost some.

For example, if a 100 pound person lost 10 pounds -- we all know that that's a 10% weight loss. But by your formula, it would be 10 lbs / 90 * 100 = 11.11%.

The correct formula should be the amount of weight lost, divided by what you weighed before losing, and then multiply by 100. So, 10 lbs / 100 * 100 = 10%

Robin, thanks.

Okay, if everyone agrees, then we should each calculate our own % of weight lost (unless you just want to stick with lbs) -- individually or by team, so the organizers don't have to do all that work.

BTW, how do you get those little fruit symbols? Wonder if there's one for blue?

Team Blue
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Robin, thanks.

Okay, if everyone agrees, then we should each calculate our own % of weight lost (unless you just want to stick with lbs) -- individually or by team, so the organizers don't have to do all that work.

BTW, how do you get those little fruit symbols? Wonder if there's one for blue?

Looked em up on google >:D and made them.
    i'm sure you could make something for blue.

and i think the % idea is a good one.
    Team Blue
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Totally rocked Friday's challenge for Team Crimson... biked to and from work, 20ish minutes each way (I'm calling it 40 total) and drank a whopping 18 glasses of water in prep for a 5k tomorrow morning!!!! Oh, and I stayed 100 under my goal for calories! I did eat some of my exercise calories (I always do) but staying under and happy about that!

Wish me luck, hoping for a PB on the 5k!
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    Yes, I agree that % is the best way to do the challenge! I'm good to send my weekly percentage based on the most recent (correct) formula:D

BTW... totall failed Friday's challenge although... may end up meeting the under calories challenge due to not getting in lunch thanks to my poorly behaved 11yr old (grrrr!) Was so distracted that I forgot to eat - totally not like me!

Looking forward to how everyone has done this week - me, not too optomistic for a loss but stayed on track nonetheless;)

Good luck everyone!