September 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's been a while, but I'm back. Going for 50 this month!

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Newly here not even sure how much to go for does 25 or 35 sound ok. Brand new to running

@terihalsey62 if you are new to running (not sure how new) you might want to try a program like C25K to build up mileage. It's hard to say to someone what is a good goal for them, all depends on where you are in your running and how much you like to run. I try to run 6 days a week (sometimes I only get in 5) I vary my distance and I'm training for a half marathon. Right now my goal is 120 miles, others are dang deer and run 200+ miles a month, other are new or just run to add cardio and may run 20 miles a month. Just be safe and injury free. Oh yeah and Welcome!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So tired last night I forgot to set an alarm- today needed to be a 5 AM run b/c I had PT at 7 AM.
    WOMP WOMP.
    Didn't happen. guess who has to run tonight at 445 in the sun. derp derp. oh well.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    9/1 - 3.5 miles - way too many pushes on the snooze this morning! :smiley:

3.5 of 120 miles

And we're off...get it horse racing, see what I did there :wink:

exercise.png

Welcome to all the new folks and hi to the veterans of the challenge!!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone who is new! We are a group of fun and encouraging runners at all levels. It is a great place to ask questions and get advice and just share your running experiences!

@skippygirlsmom - lol, you are too funny!
    @jorocka and @skippygirlsmom - you both overslept! I had to be up at 5 for another early (long) meeting at 5:30. The good news is once it is over I can head out for my run while it is still somewhat cool out!
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm in for 300 miles :smile:
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I slacked off a lot over the summer so my goal for September is 50 miles. I need to build my mileage back up.
  • cmlemon1
    cmlemon1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am about to complete a beginners running training course and want to continue the momentum so I'm in for 50 miles.
  • AngieFlames
    AngieFlames Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

2.52 miles this morning
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I made myself sleep in this morning because I stayed up too late last night. I will have to run around lunch time in the heat and humidity! (yay for plasma boost)!
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    LOL Ok I am actually going to make an attempt to keep up with this for September. I think I posted somewhere in here in July and then forgot to keep up with it. So for September I am going to go for 60 miles.

9/1/15-2.5 (got a late start this morning looking for my arm band....never found it had to improvise)
  • mwilliams0818
    mwilliams0818 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

I typically do about 6-9 miles per week so I want to up my goal to an even 50 miles this month.
  • southerman46
    southerman46 Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Going to shoot for an even 100 miles this month just hoping to get in in with all my other training going on.
  • JoRocka
    edited September 2015
    Options
    IN- 6 weeks till race day!

9.1.15- FAIL- supposed to get up and run this morning before PT- womp womp- didn't make it. Have to run in the evening heat today. barf

August: 66.23 of 75 miles
    September 00 of 104.5

Total Half Training Mileage
    93.08 of total 225

also- edit- all my milage jumps this month- my Wednesday 4 mile run becomes 5. The two 3 milers durning the week remain- but the weekend runs are now hitting 10-11-12 miles- so the mileage really jumped- Feel like I'm going to be really feeling it this month!!!
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    So tired last night I forgot to set an alarm- today needed to be a 5 AM run b/c I had PT at 7 AM.
    WOMP WOMP.
    Didn't happen. guess who has to run tonight at 445 in the sun. derp derp. oh well.

Doesn't that mean you can claim an extra 0.1 mile for each mile you run?
    :wink:

• 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I will have to run around lunch time in the heat and humidity! (yay for plasma boost)!

'splain please - how does running in the heat create a plasma boost, and is that a good thing or not?

• JoRocka
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    WOMP WOMP.

Doesn't that mean you can claim an extra 0.1 mile for each mile you run?
    :wink:

at LEAST a tenth- if not .15
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Just checking in because I like to keep up with you all...today was a victory of sorts because I didn't run.

I really, really wanted to, but I didn't. Because I need to fix this dumb hip problem. So today I did strength training and "ran" on the elliptical. I did some good stretching, too. Tomorrow, I can run--aiming for a 10k.

I'm hoping I can keep my mileage at the same level, but I'm not sure if that's advisable? I was running 5-6 days, mostly 3-4 miles with a 7.5 miler once per week. If I only run 3-4 days a week, what would be a good way to distribute my 20-25 miles? I'm not sure I'm ready to run farther than 7.5 (honestly I normally walk the last quarter to a half mile of that, anyway).
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    Options
    MFP September 2015 Running Challenge:
    What better way to start the month off then by leaving the car at home and running to the gym. Great idea right? Well it was .......... till I got done with "Leg Day" and realized I had to run home. Wasn't too bad just slowed the pace a little and got it done.

September Goal: 48 miles
    Complete: 2 miles
    >>>>>>>>>> 46 to go <<<<<<<<
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    Options
    September goal: 35 miles

9/1 - 3.1 miles; yesterday's run was great, today not so much. But I slogged through it.