Do you guys like Quest Bars? Worth the price?

Options
Thinking about trying a couple! Wanted to get y'all's opinions on them first

Replies

• _bellator_
    _bellator_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like normal food better, but they're okay to stash in the car for "emergencies." I used to be obsessed with them, but I'm over it. They are pretty tasty though :)
  • tathomas1
    tathomas1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love them! And when you heat them in microwave for 10 seconds, they taste like warm cookies out of the oven.
  • tathomas1
    tathomas1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes they are pricey but filling and can't beat the protein and fiber quantity.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Wish I never got into them....I have 1-2 a day and have spent more money on them in the last 3 months then I care to think about.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Love them. I try not to think about the money I spend on them.
  • sunny_t16
    sunny_t16 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I like them, though they do taste a little fake for sure

ETA: are they worth the price? I'd say yes. 21g of protein in one bar isn't something you find often and I think they help when I'm trying to meet my protein goals. Also, they're sweet so they hit the spot if you're looking for a treat.
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Zone bars. 11-13 grams of protien, and they taste really good. I only eat them when I can't get out of my office for breakfast or lunch.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love them, but they are pricey. MusclePharm's Combat Crunch bars are even better imo, but even more expensive unfortunately. :P
  • Smokitopaz56
    Smokitopaz56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars! The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my favorite. I also like their protein powder drink mixes. Both well worth the price!
  • caci88
    caci88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Definitely good for when you want something sweet or something on the run.. definitely pricey but I'm happy to spend money on food :) You've got to find your flavours though, I only like choc chip cookie dough, cinnamon roll occasionally, mint choc sometimes and the peanut butter one is off the hook. Good for things like the movies where you want something delish to fit ur macros!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I pay $40 for a box of 12 or $5ish each!! So yeah, I really love them. Had to give them a miss this month as paying that price really irks me, but I really do miss them. cookies n cream and double chocolate chunk microwaved for 10 seconds are my favourites.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    What kind of sweetener do they use?
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    What kind of sweetener do they use?

Depends on the bar. Mostly a mixture of natural and artificial sugars
  • erimethia_fekre
    Options
    ...sweeteners**
  • erimethia_fekre
    Options
    I pay $40 for a box of 12 or $5ish each!! So yeah, I really love them. Had to give them a miss this month as paying that price really irks me, but I really do miss them. cookies n cream and double chocolate chunk microwaved for 10 seconds are my favourites.

.... What? They sell for 26 at my work. I don't mind them but I don't justify the cost
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    lmaharidge wrote: »

.... What? They sell for 26 at my work. I don't mind them but I don't justify the cost

I'm guessing Christine is an Aussie (or somewhere else outside the US). We pay through the nose for everything. They retail here for between $3.50-$4 a bar. Used to be able to get them reasonably priced on i herb but now the Aussie dollar's gone south they aren't so much :(

OP, yes still worth it IMHO. My favourite is choc chip cookie dough followed by cookies and cream and vanilla almond crunch. Choc chunk, white choc raspberry and choc mint are all pretty good too. You can tell I like the ones with chunck of chocolate in them mostly :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    lmaharidge wrote: »

I'm guessing Christine is an Aussie (or somewhere else outside the US). We pay through the nose for everything. They retail here for between $3.50-$4 a bar. Used to be able to get them reasonably priced on i herb but now the Aussie dollar's gone south they aren't so much :(

OP, yes still worth it IMHO. My favourite is choc chip cookie dough followed by cookies and cream and vanilla almond crunch. Choc chunk, white choc raspberry and choc mint are all pretty good too. You can tell I like the ones with chunck of chocolate in them mostly :)

Yep, In Australia. I've never seen them for under $5 where I am

• MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Yes, love them!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I used to love them (ate 4-5 a day) until they changed their formula, now they aren't that good just ok.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    If I want a protein bar, I'll just make my own... preservative free.

Quest bars, in essence, are just 3 ingredients: Fiber Syrup, Protein Powder, and a flavoring element such as peanut butter, chocolate, oreos, berries, etc.