Do you guys like Quest Bars? Worth the price?

Options

Replies

• DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love them! So delicious.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love them and they are so convenient. There are instances when I'm starving but just am not in a position to make a meal, so a Quest bar fills the gap until I can.

I am still working my way through a few boxes I got from Amazon a month or so ago. $24 a box with free shipping. But I did see a thread here yesterday saying Quest changed their formulation and now they taste awful? I can't find the thread right now, but that does have me worried since I do like them.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Wish I never got into them....I have 1-2 a day and have spent more money on them in the last 3 months then I care to think about.

I kinda feel that way too. But I love having a warm "treat" once a day. One a day isn't so bad, two is getting a little silly. I've decided I should only keep them at work that way I'm not tempted to over-indulge.

• andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    If I want a protein bar, I'll just make my own... preservative free...

Not everyone is a chef! ;)
    I just bought some Fiber Syrup. I anticipate some lab experiments this weekend in my kitchen.
    *Donning chef's hat, singing like Swedish Chef*

918f45ff3880a1054d83b281b85c92f3.gif

• sunny_t16
    sunny_t16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I guess none of you that have eaten multiple bars per day have run into any digestive problems? I always wondered if the sweetener would "disrupt" things if I ate them everyday (which is why i'm surprised to hear people eat multiple bars in a day)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »

I just bought some Fiber Syrup. I anticipate some lab experiments this weekend in my kitchen.

It's so easy. No chef experience required to mix 3 ingredients in a bowl. There are youtube instructionals, too.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options

It's so easy. No chef experience required to mix 3 ingredients in a bowl. There are youtube instructionals, too.

Sweet. I guess if one can brew IPAs, can also make some protein bars. Hmmm.... Maybe hop infused protein bars??? :smiley:
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    lmaharidge wrote: »
    I pay $40 for a box of 12 or $5ish each!! So yeah, I really love them. Had to give them a miss this month as paying that price really irks me, but I really do miss them. cookies n cream and double chocolate chunk microwaved for 10 seconds are my favourites.

.... What? They sell for 26 at my work. I don't mind them but I don't justify the cost

I'm guessing Christine is an Aussie (or somewhere else outside the US). We pay through the nose for everything. They retail here for between $3.50-$4 a bar. Used to be able to get them reasonably priced on i herb but now the Aussie dollar's gone south they aren't so much :(

OP, yes still worth it IMHO. My favourite is choc chip cookie dough followed by cookies and cream and vanilla almond crunch. Choc chunk, white choc raspberry and choc mint are all pretty good too. You can tell I like the ones with chunck of chocolate in them mostly :)

Yep, In Australia. I've never seen them for under $5 where I am

What would shipping to you be from their web site? $25.00 per box direct from them. Don't know about shipping, though
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love them! I have 1 everyday for a snack in between breakfast & lunch, that's usually my hungriest time of the day so it fills me up. They are a little pricey but I think that they're completely worth it. I get them from GNC and have the Gold Card. They always sell them for Buy 3 Get 1 Free.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Thinking about trying a couple! Wanted to get y'all's opinions on them first

I eat them as my mid afternoon snack (for both the protein and the fiber). Some are very good, others not so much. I refuse to pay more than $25 for a box of 12 (thanks Amazon!) but they are worth that for me. My personal faves are the Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate chip cookie dough (see a pattern here), and cookies and cream. Not a fan of the nutty ones and the only fruity one I like is the White chocolate Raspberry.

• GaijinAdrian
    GaijinAdrian Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't know about quest bars but if they're like the other protein bars out there, then you should avoid them. Too much sugar and calories. I prefer to consume a protein shakeinstead wwith water. Less calories and sugar. Bars are oOK for emergencies but don't add them to your diet.
  • NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I also have a Quest bar (or two!) a day as snacks -- love them. Just a heads up for those who closely monitor your caloric intake (especially if you're eating more than one Quest bar a day). The macros in many Quest bars are 21P, 22C and 7F. That adds up to 235 calories, 55 more than what is listed on the label. Apparently it has something to do the with the fiber/net carbs or something. Since I'm OCD about tracking my cals, I just do a quick "add calories" entry of 55 to cover each Quest bar I eat. Not a lot of cals and maybe not worth it, but if you consume 7-10 or so a week like I do, that's nearly 400-500 cals a week.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I hate Quest bars. They taste like cardboard. :#:p
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I get them on sale for 1.29/bar. Always some buy 3 get one free going on between Amazon or GNC. They are good and filling with good fiber content. I keep a box on hand in my office for breakfast as I never seem to have time to cook breakfast.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I find them better than most protein bars in terms of taste. They are also quite filling. In moderation, highly recommended in particular if you are in a hurry.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I eat 4-5 a day (well not recently because of the formula change, they aren't as good) and never had any digestive issues. I eat a hell of a lot of fiber though. I think my body is just used to it. I usually get way over 150g a day.

I think the quest bars taste gross. They are too dense, chalky and floury now. The new formula with the soluble corn fiber gives them a weird fakey taste that I dislike. Now they are only palatable if you bake them unfortunately. I would much rather have other protein bars like pure protein or detour.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options

Sweet. I guess if one can brew IPAs, can also make some protein bars. Hmmm.... Maybe hop infused protein bars??? :smiley:

That would be kinda sickening actually... unless you infused them into an oil and incorporated some malt sweetness (hmmm).
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I pay $40 for a box of 12 or $5ish each!! So yeah, I really love them. Had to give them a miss this month as paying that price really irks me, but I really do miss them. cookies n cream and double chocolate chunk microwaved for 10 seconds are my favourites.

Wow! They are really expensive where you live. Have you ever looked at eBay prices of the Quest bar boxes? I usually can get a box of 12 for about $26 or a little less. I like those two bars as well along with their new Mint chocolate chunk. :)
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Overhyped, pricey, and too much fiber in my opinion. Maybe the fiber content can be a good thing if you don't get enough of it from regular food, but too much fiber can hurt your stomach and cause vitamin deficiency over the long run.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I used to love them (ate 4-5 a day) until they changed their formula, now they aren't that good just ok.

Maybe this is a good thing. I've been worried about your bank account and...uh...other things with all that fiber. :)