Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

:) Trying to get back on boar. Not beat myself down for not being present.

:smile: THere will be no beating outselves down. You are present now - and this is a fresh start! A new month. 3 months before Christmas -- we can all do this!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps (I walked three miles this morning that didn't sync to my Fitbit...grrrr) :smiley: 15,763+ 3 miles
    2. dance! :)
    3. no alcohol at dance event :)

Wednesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. swim
    3. under 100G carbs
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    1. Take a few deep breaths every hour
    2. Do 15 mins of low intensity exercise
    3. Count my accomplishments over the last few days
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    Welcome back feisty. I'm more likely to show up here than log, so..... That will change for September! I'll join you with the 4 pounds :-) slow and steady.

Just for Wednesday:
    Log
    PT work
    foam roll work
    Drink a lot of water.

Great. Good luck, stay focused and keep me updated with how well you do!
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    feistyjojo -- welcome back.

And yes, I am also going to try at least 4 lbs this month!! . That will get me back into Onderland! So that is my goal also. I joined another thread to record my weight each week, and my goal is to get back to 199. Somehow just seeing a one in front of my numbers seems so much better!!

I did this before - I know I can do it again!

We are all in this together. And I agree, this group of friends are the most positive, encouraging group of people. We all understand, and are here for each other!
    So thank you all!

Great! I'm looking forward to working on a small, shorter term goal and hearing how my fellow goal - setters are doing. :-)

• feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Wednesday's goals:
    - remind myself of my 4lb commitment
    - hit net calories to make progress towards it
    - notice the amazing connections I've made through this thread... and all the support that is available to me. Draw on it to strengthen my resolve and 'pass on' the resolve to others

Wishing you all a joyful Wednesday. :-)

Achieved all today. :-)
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Thursday's goals:
    - stay within 5% of net calories
    - meditate and stay calm for my dental surgery (root canal... Yuck! )
    - Remember the September goal and the wonderful connections and resources I can access to help me achieve it
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo -- welcome back.

And yes, I am also going to try at least 4 lbs this month!! . That will get me back into Onderland! So that is my goal also. I joined another thread to record my weight each week, and my goal is to get back to 199. Somehow just seeing a one in front of my numbers seems so much better!!

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Yes, you CAN!
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Jft 9/2

1. Lots of deep breaths.
    2. Log calories
    3. Drink a lot of water

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Welcome back feisty. I'm more likely to show up here than log, so..... That will change for September! I'll join you with the 4 pounds :-) slow and steady.

Just for Wednesday:
    Log
    PT work
    foam roll work
    Drink a lot of water.

:) so i'm "really" supposed to say how i did with the goals, eh? ;) i typically skip that part.
    I logged..... even all those calories that put me in the red.
    PT and foam rolling, check
    water drinking, check
    dusting off and moving forward (borrowed goal from sunny), check
    only goal i half-baked was the not beating myself up for less than desirable choices thing. old habits die HARD!

thanks for keeping me accountable :)
  • 68myra
    Options
    Yesterday
    1. drink water when I want to snack - and wait 10 minutes! :)

I did so much better last nite. Not perfect, but better. Nighttime is my hardest time for wanting to graze!
    My daughter, who has mental illness, is worse. Her doctor is trying to decrease her medications, thinking she is on too much. It is so hard to get her interested in anything at all - so all she does is sleep, or lay in her bedroom. I try so hard to stay upbeat, and do OK during the day, but somehow, everything builds by evening, and I just eat for comfort. But I know that will not help her to get better - only make myself worse.
    So I am going to keep coming on here, keep trying. While I still ate a few things last nite that were not planned, I did a lot better with remembering the water.

SO just for today
    1. Drink more water, especially in the evenings.
    2. brush my teeth at 8pm - meaning no more snacking.
    3. concentrate on all the postives in my life - not the negatives. No one said life would be easy. We all have challenges. SO enjoy all the positives -- and get back to sewing for therapy, not eating!

Joan, i SO feel for you and your daughter. My 22 year old daughter suffers too. She doesn't live with us anymore and that makes a WORLD of difference, but i do worry about her almost constantly. and BOY do i know the temptation to stuff feelings/frustrations/tensions that build up during the day...... with a big bowl of "whatever"
    sigh. yet i also know you are right, doing that only makes ME worse. again, i say..... my heart goes out to you.
  • 68myra
    Options
    Thursday's goals:
    - stay within 5% of net calories
    - meditate and stay calm for my dental surgery (root canal... Yuck! )
    - Remember the September goal and the wonderful connections and resources I can access to help me achieve it

OY! good luck with dental surgery! i've read that listening to music helps with remaining calm under such circumstances.
  • dangerouscurvs
    dangerouscurvs Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    today's goals done!! Wahoo!! I had to modify just a little since I can't find my pedometer anywhere... so I went with 2 miles instead of 2,000 steps. It felt good to push myself again...I've been inactive for so long!! But with this daily goal concept I think I can stay on track!
    ~ so "Just for today" (9-3-15)
    1) I will drink 9cups of water
    2) 30 mins of Zumba since it's a rest day for the squat challenge
    3) stick with better snack choices when I really need them, not just because (excuse here)
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »

I will stay under my net calorie goal moving to six days in a row. Will not overindulge.
    I will reinforce my wellness mantra both morning and afternoon.
    I will work out for 80 minutes today
    I am expressing my gratitude for the stairs in my house. Used to hate them, now see them as additional exercise

Great day yesterday.

Sixth day in a row under my calorie goal, didn't over indulge.
    Reinforced my wellness mantra once
    Worked out for 88 minutes including a 2.8 mile walk at 16:52/mile pace

For today:

I will stay under my net calorie goal for the 7th day in a row
    I will reinforce my wellness mantra both morning and afternoon
    I will work out for 40 minutes today
    I am expressing my gratitude for our little 16 year old dog who still wants to be on this planet
  • lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow. This helped me so much yesterday. Thursday goals:
    1. 30 min. Exercise
    2. No desserts
    3. Lots of water
    4. Stay within goal.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Had such a better day yesterday. Drank a lot of water in the evening, which helped, and went out for a 6.5 mile walk! -- in 90 degree weather! But there was a nice breeze, so that helped.

I have been watching YouTube videos about nutrition and health. I learned it takes 17 days to stop cravings - and that by eating sugar, and yes, even caffeine, it makes you more hungry. I knew that, I guess just needed to hear it again. Sugar really is my biggest downfall, and I think that is why in the evenings I do worse. I eat so healthy all day, only to have a "small" bowl of ice cream - thinking this is only 120 calories. But then that leads to being hungry all nite, and eating more calories than I should.

So Just for today

1. replace ONE bad habit with ONE good habit. Today, instead of a caffeine-free diet coke in the evening, opt for a large glass of ice water.
    2. No sugar or snacking after dinner. If I am really hungry, drink water, wait 10 minutes, and if I snack at all, count out 10 nuts.
    3. think positive. Stress can actually force your body to hold onto weight, so try to stay stress free. Walking helps with that.

Hope you all have a great day. Oh, and the videos I am watching are by PsycheTruth. I can't remember the ladies name, but she is a holistic health coach. She has a lot of videos - all very interesting.
  • mytime6630
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The videos I am watching are Psyche Truth, and the ladies name is Corrina Rachel. Very informative, and she gives ideas for healthy snacks, etc.
  • feistyjojo
    Options

Just for Wednesday:
    Log
    PT work
    foam roll work
    Drink a lot of water.

:) so i'm "really" supposed to say how i did with the goals, eh? ;) i typically skip that part.
    I logged..... even all those calories that put me in the red.
    PT and foam rolling, check
    water drinking, check
    dusting off and moving forward (borrowed goal from sunny), check
    only goal i half-baked was the not beating myself up for less than desirable choices thing. old habits die HARD!

thanks for keeping me accountable :)

Well done. Take a moment to notice how much you did achieve. And replace the word 'failure' with 'learning'. :-)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    1. Take a few deep breaths every hour
    2. Do 15 mins of low intensity exercise
    3. Count my accomplishments over the last few days

Completed!

JFT 9/3:
    1. Do 15 mins of low intensity exercise
    2. Stand and stretch for 2 mins every hour (desk job = too much sitting)
    3. Drink 5 glasses of water
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thursday JFT
    1. Stay within calorie goals
    2. Drink 10 glasses of water
    3. Exercise 60 min
    4. Remind myself that I am worth taking care of .