Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

J4T Tuesday
    1. Maybe a walk at lunchtime if I can sneak away from work. - couldn't find the time today
    2. Aqua-fit :smile:
    3. 1200-1500 calories :smile:
    4. Bible study :smile:

J4T Wednesday
    1. Zumba and/or C25K
    2. 1200-1500 calories
    3. Bible study

• SChitra
    SChitra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    SChitra wrote: »
    Missed on 1200 calories and 8 glass of water yesterday. Too less consumed. Will try to correct the fall.
    J4T
    1. 1200 to 1500 calories with clean eating : ate only 952 calories.... need improvement
    2. 8 glass of water min :smile:
    3. log everything :smile:
    4. walk for 30 min : 20 mins

J4T
    1. 1200 to 1500 calories with clean eating
    2. 8 glass of water min
    3. log everything
    4. walk for 30 min
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    Options

JFT 9/06
    1. Work on my tote bag project in Craft this morning. :) almost finished it
    2. Give the Art presentation I prepared yesterday. :) went down well. Everything worked!
    3. Keep to the meals I posted on MFP this morning. That should keep me under goal. :)
    4. 10,000 + steps/30 minutes cardio :) 11,461 and a long evening walk in the local park
    5. Hit my daily writing deadline. :) Phew! Late night again!
    6. Remember to hit Post Reply :)

Have a great day.
    [/quote]

JFT 10/06
    1. Go to the mall
    2. 10,000+ steps/log/stay under Basic cals
    3. Get out into the garden
    4. Look out some poems for study group after lunch
  • minibagz1203
    minibagz1203 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

I will do today's workout in the HIIT 30 challenge.
    Clean the bathroom and kitchen
    Drink 8 8 oz of water
    And log everything
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's goals:
    - double bootcamp. Use it to distract myself from my toothache!
    - Under calorie target for the day to compensate for today. This should be easy if I avoid sugar/ comfort food and instead just choose yummy healthy stuff.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    JFT - Go to YMCA and rejoin.

I had a free membership with Silver Sneakers but my supplemental insurance dropped that program and are now doing Silver and Fit which costs me $50/year.

That is still a good deal so I just have to go do it today. I really enjoy and need the Y for my health. Mental and physical.

Love the track when the weather is too cold or hot and humid to walk comfortably outside.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday. NO mindless munching when I get home before dinner. :smile: I made deliberate choices while I decided what to eat.
    - bodyweight workout at least one time through. :smiley::smiley: got through my once with a lot less huffing and puffing and went for a walk afterwards. Oh yeah and so far (knock on wood) I can still walk around today. After completing that workout, I was hobbling around the next day.

JFT Wednesday - I haven't decided yet what my mini goals are so I'll come back later when I do.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. 12,000 steps :) 14,043
    2. lift heavy things :)
    3. 10+ freggies :)

Wednesday:

It's a little hard to set goals for today. I have a random day off, so I am driving to the coast (3.5 hours each way) to help my parents with some things. Not entirely sure how much exercise I will be able to work in or exactly what I will eat.

I don't have children, but I have mild parent worries. I really hope that my parents move back to civilization (they are currently in a very isolated wild/scenic area) and downsize before they get into their 80s. My mom is a transplant recipient and has some mild mobility issues. Usually my dad picks up the slack, but he is recovering from surgery...

1. 10,000 steps
    2. Walk on the beach and/or stop for Zumba on the way home
    3. Be carb-conscious (I know, not very concrete/measurable, but maybe the best I can do today)

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Joan- I am thinking of you & you are in my prayers. You are making a big impact on your daughters life & you are truly an angel.
    68myra- you are also in my thoughts. I cannot imagine how hard that must be as a mom to not be able to protect her. Keep your faith & I hope she becomes more stable.

thanks for the kind words, Ruby. by far, the hardest thing i've ever done. I'm grateful she still talks to me. I had the easier part: i moved her to her father's house. he's the one who had to say, sorry, you can't live here anymore without cooperation. she is a strong-willed young lady!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Just for Tonight,
    I will not eat after dinner is over.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today June 9th:
    1. drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. log all of my food :)
    3. go for a jog :)

Just for Today June 10th:
    1. drink 8 glasses of water
    2. log all of my food
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I will not eat my stress and boredom away. But I may have a big glass of wine.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

my heart goes out to you. I have an adult daughter with a mental illness. She currently refuses to take medication, would not live by the rules of the house and we made her leave. She is finally living in an apartment, but far, far from stable. OY VEH. yes, prayer and hope. this one is only 22, and i wish i could just "hold my breath" until she comes out the other side.

My heart goes out to you as well. I've been there - and know what you are going through. Our daughter is now 37 - this started when she was 26, and for years, she hated us. Blamed us for everything, would not answer phone calls from us, etc. Prayers to you.
  • PandaFat2Fit
    PandaFat2Fit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    New here, hope that's okay!
    Just for today
    1. Drink more water. No goal, just more than I usually do
    2. Don't have sweet tea to fill in my calories -.-
    3. Clean my bathroom and kitchen
    4. Put away laundry.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Late getting on today. But just for "the rest of today"
    1. stay positive
    2. log my food
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Wednesday
    1. Zumba and/or C25K : zumba
    2. 1200-1500 calories :smile:
    3. Bible study :smile:

J4T Thursday
    1. C25K, squats and calf raises
    2. Laundry and housework
    3. Aqua-fit
    4. 1200-1500 calories
    5. Bible study
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JFT 10/06
    1. Go to the mall :) helped get my steps up lol
    2. 10,000+ steps :) 10,289, several walks between appointments /log/stay under Basic cals :/ This is hard, I had lots of exercise and ate back a minimal amount.
    3. Get out into the garden :) pottering and weeding. Courgettes, radishes and lettuce ready to pick. Yum.
    4. Look out some poems for study group after lunch :) it was to warm to stay indoors. We went into a nearby park. [/quote]

JFT 11/06
    1. Staying under basic cals is hard. But I aim to eat back < 10% of my exercise calories today.
    2. Go to flower arranging
    4. Do some Gardening/chores
    5. Meet Writing deadlines

• vicky1947mfp
    Options
    JFT - Go to YMCA and rejoin. :) Got that done. Now I can get my walking done on the track when it is raining or too hot & humid outside.

I had a free membership with Silver Sneakers but my supplemental insurance dropped that program and are now doing Silver and Fit which costs me $50/year.

That is still a good deal so I just have to go do it today. I really enjoy and need the Y for my health. Mental and physical.

Love the track when the weather is too cold or hot and humid to walk comfortably outside.

• vicky1947mfp
    Options
    JFT - keep logging and walking. Been so successful at it. Don't want to backslide.

Am at maintenance goal. Maybe want to lose a couple more lbs now that I am here. My strategy right now is to eat my 1,260 week days and have 100 or 200 more cals each weekend day. Maintenance is a little trial and error. We'll see how it goes.
  • marie535
    marie535 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Goals for today;
    1) drink 8 glasses of water
    2) go for half hour walk
    3) check out restaurant menu online and pre plan healthiest dinner option