Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    went to a crawfish boil last night and can feel all the salt today. so JFT, extra water -check, I know I drank more and sweaty workout after work to flush this salt out of my system :neutral: I should have been more specific. I walked around in the woods and got sweaty but more because of the increasing humidity than real effort.

JFT Tuesday. NO mindless munching when I get home before dinner.
    - bodyweight workout at least one time through.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/06
    1. Another writing deadline today. :) I have a load of these this week.
    2. Get some gardening done. I have planters to fill. :( The rain swept in so had to abandon this.
    3. 10,000+ steps. :( under 3,000 today.
    4. Under Basic calorie goal. :( Under go
    5. 8 glasses of water and log it. :) managed this one, just

Hooray! The sun is shining this morning so I should get out. Yesterday was so wet. [/quote]

It rained, and was very cold. After lunch, I had a sudden plunge in the blues pool. Quite a shock as I am not normally a down person. After wallowing for a few hours I decided that I was just over-tired, (up till well after midnight) so gave myself the day off. Watched a few feel good movies after dinner and had an early night.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Sorry somehow managed not to post my JFT yesterday. Doh!

See above for what I found when I went to post today.
    I almost deleted it but decided to post. Everyone has bad days.

JFT 9/06
    1. Work on my tote bag project in Craft this morning.
    2. Give the Art presentation I prepared yesterday.
    3. Keep to the meals I posted on MFP this morning. That should keep me under goal.
    4. 10,000 + steps/30 minutes cardio
    5. Hit my daily writing deadline.
    6. Remember to hit Post Reply

Have a great day.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    JFT - enjoy grandsons bd party with small piece of cake to fit within my calorie goal.

It is stressful here. Son's wife left him for another man and their baby was only 1 at the time. (What was she thinking????).

Anyway 4 year old and now 2 year old are having a hard time adjusting to all the shuffling back and forth. She said "they will be fine". Aargh!! Maybe for her but my son has no family here to help out. We are trying to come up (9 hr drive) as often as we can to give him some help when he has them.

Sad situation!!

Vicky, this made me feel very humble. You have so much to deal with and yet you find time to come on here and cheer others on. You are so inspirational. Thank you so much for caring. :):heart:
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    JFT 8 June:
    1. Stay in cal. limit-- :o
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea-- :/ about 2 pints
    3. Some sort of exercise--30 min.-- :) Rearranging heavy things in garage
    4. Work on rest of graduation party prep: i.e., clearing out garage for tables!!!-- :) Almost done!
    5. Bible/prayer-- :) Got some in
    1. Stay in cal. limit
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Some sort of exercise--30 min.
    4. Work on rest of graduation party prep: i.e., clearing out garage, prep...
    5. Bible/prayer

This week is zooming by, and I'm quite preoccupied...God's grace to you all today as you try to achieve your goals!!
  • debthomas2
    debthomas2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am not new to MFP.. helped me lose 20 when i was getting divorced.. of course i was quite motivated... I gained almost 40 now since i met my new husband who is a larger man, but the best thing ever that has happened to me. I am now trying MFP again and this time thought maybe the community might help... Ruby70, I have a lot of the same things here... youngest will be a freshman, trying the C25k. Started over today... so I like the JFT mantra. JST goals today, log food, do c25k and be positive about myself... whew.. that last one... tall order!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today June 8th:
    1. drink 8 glasses of water :) drank 10
    2. log all of my food :)

Just for Today June 9th:
    1. drink 8 glasses of water
    2. log all of my food
    3. go for a jog
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    yesterday
    1. Drink all my water
    2. LOG everything I eat!
    3. Exercise.

Did not do so good yesterday. But the good thing, is that yesterday is OVER, and today is a brand new day!
    so just for today, Tues June 9
    1. LOG all my food
    2. Ask myself before eating something -- is this thirst or hunger?
    3. Get on the ellipitical or a walk or something physical
    4. Relax, and think positive. Things could always be worse.

I have our adult daughter living with us, with severe mental illness. Yesterday her doctor increased her meds again. It is hard, as she gets better, attempts to work, only to get worse and need medication increases. So hard to understand, and sometimes overwhelming not to worry about her future. But thankful in that she is with us, she is safe. So this, if for no other reason, I need to stay in the best shape I can so I am here as long as I can be for her. She is 37, and my husband and I are in our mid 60s, so I worry about what she will do when we are no longer here. But -- food is not the answer. Prayer and hope are.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps :) 13,564
    2. swimming and gardening :)
    3. stay under 100G carbs :)

Tuesday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift heavy things
    3. 10+ freggies
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    yesterday
    1. Drink all my water
    2. LOG everything I eat!
    3. Exercise.

Did not do so good yesterday. But the good thing, is that yesterday is OVER, and today is a brand new day!
    1. LOG all my food

I have our adult daughter living with us, with severe mental illness. Yesterday her doctor increased her meds again. It is hard, as she gets better, attempts to work, only to get worse and need medication increases. So hard to understand, and sometimes overwhelming not to worry about her future. But thankful in that she is with us, she is safe. So this, if for no other reason, I need to stay in the best shape I can so I am here as long as I can be for her. She is 37, and my husband and I are in our mid 60s, so I worry about what she will do when we are no longer here. But -- food is not the answer. Prayer and hope are.

my heart goes out to you. I have an adult daughter with a mental illness. She currently refuses to take medication, would not live by the rules of the house and we made her leave. She is finally living in an apartment, but far, far from stable. OY VEH. yes, prayer and hope. this one is only 22, and i wish i could just "hold my breath" until she comes out the other side.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    june 9: Just For Tonight:

I will eat dinner at a restaurant, without obsessing over every calorie, and without going hog-wild. moderation with regard to food is a goal i'm still working towards.
  • Denisefit4life
    Denisefit4life Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just One Day sounds like a great motivator. It keeps you accountable daily & keeps you on track.
  • Denisefit4life
    Denisefit4life Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just One Day sounds like a great motivator. It keeps you accountable daily & keeps you on track.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goals
    - hit calorie target
    - - get emergency appointment at dentist... I can't take this pain for much longer!

Didn't hit calorie target. Comfort ate tonight after a day of bad toothache and resulting headache.
    Did get to the dentist, have antibiotics and am hoping that this time tomorrow it will be starting to get better. Really, really hope so!

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    debthomas2 wrote: »
    Hello, I am not new to MFP.. helped me lose 20 when i was getting divorced.. of course i was quite motivated... I gained almost 40 now since i met my new husband who is a larger man, but the best thing ever that has happened to me. I am now trying MFP again and this time thought maybe the community might help... Ruby70, I have a lot of the same things here... youngest will be a freshman, trying the C25k. Started over today... so I like the JFT mantra. JST goals today, log food, do c25k and be positive about myself... whew.. that last one... tall order!

Welcome debthomas- I look forward to supporting each other. I got on the scale this morning & was up a lb. I know that may not seem like a lot but since last June I am up 14 lbs, I just cannot shake it. I go down a few & then back up. I got discouraged when got on the scale but then decided I just have to keep trying. I think my biggest challenge is finding the time & feeling really stressed & burned out after a day at work. I just don't have any energy left. If I can pull myself away at lunch to get to the gym it helps but today it was too busy to be able to leave the office. I am the manager & that is just how it goes. I guess the positive is job security!!!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Joan- I am thinking of you & you are in my prayers. You are making a big impact on your daughters life & you are truly an angel.
    68myra- you are also in my thoughts. I cannot imagine how hard that must be as a mom to not be able to protect her. Keep your faith & I hope she becomes more stable.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »

Am I reading this correctly that you have 8 children. 3 that went to camp and 5 youngers? If that is the case, you are doing great carving out time for yourself and MFP.

Yes, correct :):) --we've been blessed with 8 Lovelies. So proud of them!
    Glad you had a good visit!

Wow! B) that is special. Can't even imagine how busy you must stay. I only have two grown sons. But we do have 5 grandchildren.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - I have to spend some time doing for me to get away from problems. We all have them (problems).

If I don't take care of myself ( mentally and physically) I can't take care of others.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    yesterday
    1. Drink all my water
    2. LOG everything I eat!
    3. Exercise.

1. LOG all my food

Sending prayers up for you and your daughter. You are right that you need to take care of yourself to be able to be there for her.
  • jml2575
    jml2575 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will:

1. Drink 80+ ounces of water. DONE
    2. Take the credit for and be happy I drank all my water today.
    3. Prep my meals for tomorrow.