My coworkers are disgusting- what are yours?

Options
D_squareG
D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
There are women in my company that stand on the toilet seat, leaving shoe prints. I'm not sure why they would do his but it is irritating to me!

What are the things your coworkers do that are weird?

Replies

• jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Co worker pet peeve: Cutting donuts in half and leaving the other half. Nobody wants something that you rubbed your filthy f&*#!$#ing hands all over and is now stale. Eat the whole thing or none at all....man, I just felt my blood pressure go up.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Oh this is going to be a good thread. Office workers are weird.
    We had a big thing a couple weeks ago about the women complaining about the smell in the bathroom when someone did #2. I finally had enough of the whining so I installed an air freshener. They complained about the smell of that too. So I just shrugged and told them "everyone poops".
    Seriously. Complaining about someone pooping in a bathroom.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine why a woman would stand on top of a toilet seat. That's pretty crazy.

My co workers are fine , I really do like each of them and enjoy their company. ( I work at a high end jeweler) believe it or not, I have no complaints about them .
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I can't even imagine why a woman would stand on top of a toilet seat. That's pretty crazy.

My co workers are fine , I really do like each of them and enjoy their company. ( I work at a high end jeweler) believe it or not, I have no complaints about them .

It's an Asian thing. I believe.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I have an idea op , can you get baby oil and splash it on the tops of the toilet seats so when they step on them , they will slip! Lmao
  • D_squareG
    Options
    That would be interesting
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Some women were taught to put one foot up on the toilet seat to insert a tampon. I wonder if that's what the prints are from?
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

I'm around Asians and have not noticed any foot prints on toilet seats :smiley:
  • dinagurl59
    dinagurl59 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How do you know they are standing on the seats?
  • D_squareG
    Options
    They leave shoe prints.
    Options
    Ever curious, I Googled:
    "In Chinese culture, toilets like Western ones (the sit-down kind) are fairly new. The squat toilet was the standard for many, many years and still are the norm in public facilities. Only modern apartments that were constructed in the last twenty years (or so) were equipped with the sit-down thrones. This is because they were (and still are) considered to be much less sanitary than the squatters. With your body actually touching the commode, diseases are more easily transmitted and so Chinese people, even now, consider the squat toilets to be the more hygienic choice when needing to eliminate publicly.

When out in the world of Beijing even nowadays, it’s not uncommon to see sit-down toilets with shoeprints on their seats. That’s because people use them as squatters. They stand up on them and then squat down to use them as if they’re just elevated squat toilets. So, sitting down on a sit-down toilet in Beijing is something that anyone should only do at their own risk. Why make contact with what the sole of a shoe has already contacted in a big, over-populated city?"

Reading rainbow time! :smile:
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I thought I WAS the disgusting coworker, but I've never stood on a toilet seat.
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    I thought I WAS the disgusting coworker, but I've never stood on a toilet seat.
    Confession time! What do you do that makes you the disgusting coworker?
  • D_squareG
    Options
    Well, that explains it!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    D_squareG wrote: »
    There are women in my company that stand on the toilet seat, leaving shoe prints. I'm not sure why they would do his but it is irritating to me!
    That's a new one! I'll have to pay more attention in public restrooms from now on...
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand why you'd have to stand on top of the toilet to squat over it.
  • paddles34
    paddles34 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Mine are beautiful and stunning
  • D_squareG
    Options
    paddles34 wrote: »
    Mine are beautiful and stunning

Your coworkers?
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    Options

Stereo type and racist to say the least.