My coworkers are disgusting- what are yours?

124»

Replies

• Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I can't even imagine why a woman would stand on top of a toilet seat. That's pretty crazy.

My co workers are fine , I really do like each of them and enjoy their company. ( I work at a high end jeweler) believe it or not, I have no complaints about them .

It's an Asian thing. I believe.

Stereo type and racist to say the least.
    Uh really? How do you figure?
    See above for the explanation on this.

Asia is much bigger than that explanation from Beijing and China. May be travel around the world instead of cut and paste from Internet. You don't know if it was done by asians or not. I am not even an Asian but this is reaching to blame some one with your own parochial perceptions.

Your game is weak

Its not a game for me. May be for you it is.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Welp. This has been fun. As much as I laugh at rage-quitters, I'm done. Not taking the bait.

Have a lovely long weekend everyone.

You started it but I guess widened up finally.

*giggles* She widened up...

BWAHAHAHAHA!

tumblr_inline_nc9sr76RSJ1sxqs0h.gif
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Ever curious, I Googled:
    "In Chinese culture, toilets like Western ones (the sit-down kind) are fairly new. The squat toilet was the standard for many, many years and still are the norm in public facilities. Only modern apartments that were constructed in the last twenty years (or so) were equipped with the sit-down thrones. This is because they were (and still are) considered to be much less sanitary than the squatters. With your body actually touching the commode, diseases are more easily transmitted and so Chinese people, even now, consider the squat toilets to be the more hygienic choice when needing to eliminate publicly.

When out in the world of Beijing even nowadays, it’s not uncommon to see sit-down toilets with shoeprints on their seats. That’s because people use them as squatters. They stand up on them and then squat down to use them as if they’re just elevated squat toilets. So, sitting down on a sit-down toilet in Beijing is something that anyone should only do at their own risk. Why make contact with what the sole of a shoe has already contacted in a big, over-populated city?"

Reading rainbow time! :smile:

I lived in Beijing and traveled all around China for a little over a year. Squatting over sitters is the norm. :blush: Culture is cool!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I can't even imagine why a woman would stand on top of a toilet seat. That's pretty crazy.

My co workers are fine , I really do like each of them and enjoy their company. ( I work at a high end jeweler) believe it or not, I have no complaints about them .

Asia is much bigger than that explanation from Beijing and China. May be travel around the world instead of cut and paste from Internet. You don't know if it was done by asians or not. I am not even an Asian but this is reaching to blame some one with your own parochial perceptions.

I feel like saying Asians is totally justified, she even mentions places in Asia that have this system and her own city is very Asian, like seriously they are everywhere and as a white male I feel like a minority where she lives.

Judging from your profile picture, I can tell you're from the states and don't care about black lives because you took the #Blacklivesmatter and made it about everyone and not the group of people being targeted...

Also...photoshop tutorials are on Youtube....

Way to reach and Judge. Just like you judge Asians. I never said anything about not caring about black lives. I had this picture for in honor of my cop friends.

Just saying it's kind of low trying to diminish a good cause like you are.

LOL. I didn't diminish anything. I call it the way I see it, You don't even know what I posted on my wall this pic. So get off the high horse and stop judging.

... calls someone racist... then tells them to stop judging.

Totally makes sense. Totally.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    las07s wrote: »
    Ever curious, I Googled:
    "In Chinese culture, toilets like Western ones (the sit-down kind) are fairly new. The squat toilet was the standard for many, many years and still are the norm in public facilities. Only modern apartments that were constructed in the last twenty years (or so) were equipped with the sit-down thrones. This is because they were (and still are) considered to be much less sanitary than the squatters. With your body actually touching the commode, diseases are more easily transmitted and so Chinese people, even now, consider the squat toilets to be the more hygienic choice when needing to eliminate publicly.

When out in the world of Beijing even nowadays, it’s not uncommon to see sit-down toilets with shoeprints on their seats. That’s because people use them as squatters. They stand up on them and then squat down to use them as if they’re just elevated squat toilets. So, sitting down on a sit-down toilet in Beijing is something that anyone should only do at their own risk. Why make contact with what the sole of a shoe has already contacted in a big, over-populated city?"

I lived in Beijing and traveled all around China for a little over a year. Squatting over sitters is the norm. :blush: Culture is cool!

Stop being racist or Leonidas will kick you into an endless pit of shamming on the internet
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    My co-workers struggle to pee in the bowl... On the seat and a puddle on the floor... Shudders... And leaves #2 floaters behind. Charming.

My old work place, a lady would poop, wipe and put the toilet tissue in the waste basket
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Ever curious, I Googled:

There's truth to this, it's not racist. In fact, scientific studies suggest that taking a dump in this squatting position is actually healthier for your digestive system than sitting down. Maybe we Americans got it wrong on this one.

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member

Your game is weak

Its not a game for me. May be for you it is.

Cultural bathroom etiquette is no laughing matter.
  • SimpleGirlNoche
    SimpleGirlNoche Posts: 39 Member
    At my previous job, we had flat screens TVs for every two rows of cublicles and I would always get really into the CNN stories whenever I had no assignments to complete. Well, the guy sitting parallel to me would stand up as if he was going to the bathroom or breakroom but then he would just stand there and linger blocking my view to the TV. He saw that I was watching TV but would do this EVERY SINGLE DAY, SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. He also talked and laughed to himself sometimes on the rare occasions that he was actually sitting down. Needless to say I was glad when he resigned...
  • SimpleGirlNoche
    SimpleGirlNoche Posts: 39 Member
    jodybo2 wrote: »
    It is hell! I'm here to do my job, not be micromanaged on my bathroom habits. Jeez! Luckily my interview at another place went well today and maybe I won't have to be here much longer!

Do you work for Jeff Lewis from "Flipping Out"? :D (Only Bravo TV fanatics will get this joke LOL)

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    My co-workers struggle to pee in the bowl... On the seat and a puddle on the floor... Shudders... And leaves #2 floaters behind. Charming.

My old work place, a lady would poop, wipe and put the toilet tissue in the waste basket

In a lot of underdeveloped areas of certain 3rd world countries, the plumbing will back up if one flushes toilet paper (my guess is a mix of poor plumbing and t.p. that doesn't dissolve as well as our first-world stuff), so they throw it in the wastebasket. I learned this when working at a school that had a lot of immigrants from one or more of said underdeveloped 3rd world countries.
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    ^ No, but I feel like flipping out on a daily basis.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    I could add my own as an at-home mom. My co-workers eat markers or draw on the walls, eat the dog food, and poop in their pants (erm ... diapers). But they are the cutest little boys and their hugs and kisses, even if sticky, make up for their disgusting habits. :naughty:
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member

I wonder if Hitler was a sitter or squatter. I bet it was the half donut thing that really got him though.
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    My co-workers are a hoot! Love 'em!

My Employer? Well, he pays my salary. 'Tis why I've not killed him. Yet.
  • KeepGoinGirl
    KeepGoinGirl Posts: 60 Member
    The men in my office think it is okay and funny to fart, loudly, whenever they feel like it. We work in a pretty small room and I find it disgusting.