Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• melissakunimitsu9232
    Options
    Just for 9/6:
    Get as much laundry done as I can. Shop at the local market then healthy meal planning and preparation for a more organised and satisfying week ahead.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,088 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Did fine yesterday. Just 1 goal for today

JFT
    Get through my hip operation. :smiley: as you can see from my post time/date all is A Okay! :)

Hope you had a good day!

JFT Sat 5/09
    1. Try not to eat too much. I am keeping to healthy options and small portions from the clinic menus. The food is delicious. :smile:
    2. Get through my first physio session. :grin: Apparently I am doing fine.

:star: Have a splendid Saturday! :star:
    JFT Sun 6/08
    1. Drink lots of water
    2. Get through Physio session. Learning to use crutches today
    3. Keep the faith!

:heart: Have a blessed Sunday! :heart:
  • Jazz1979P
    Jazz1979P Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

2. Attend Patchwork Group this morning

Terri - are you a quilter? Just wondering if this is what your Patchwork group is. I love to quilt and sew. Mostly in the evenings -- now if I can just keep doing this instead of grabbing snacks in between sewing :)

What a great idea! I feel much of my binge eating or late night snacking is due to boredom sitting in front of the TV, finally " relaxing"... I'm not into quilting but it seems like I need to find something that works for me. Any ideas?
  • DurhamRule
    DurhamRule Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Stay within calorie goal
  • Kbush1956
    Kbush1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a fairly good day; got a 2 mile walk in even though it was hot. Joan6630, I can relate.

It's a holiday weekend which sometimes brings me down. I have tons of time on my hands so I'm going to get busy. Got more than half the laundry done yesterday, logged my food until dinner. We ate out and I didn't get what I planned to order. Not sure how to log that food so I may just get close. I simply forgot to focus on the water drinking yesterday so that will be a goal again today.

Just for today:
    (1) Go to church
    (2) Log my food
    (3) Drink allotted amount of water or more.
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone
    This is my only day off for the holiday weekend, so lots of chores to get done. First I have to restore my soul.
    JFT
    1. Church
    2. Walk or bike 1 hour
    3. Stay within allotted calories
    4. Drink 10 glasses of water
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »

I will stay under my calorie goal
    I will work out for 80 minutes
    I will reinforce my wellness mantra
    I am expressing my gratitude that there are several 2 to 3 mile walking options from my house. Keeps the walks fresh.

Solid day

Barely under but still under my calorie goal
    Worked out for 48 minutes including 2.77 mile walk at 17:00/mile pace
    Reinforced my wellness mantra twice

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goal and finish my week strong
    I am expressing my gratitude that while my lovely wife is a runner, she'll slow down and walk with me instead, going on a trail walk this morning
    I will complete my work out routine mindfully, no TV or music. Focus on the movements. Can do this once a week
  • rubysocks
    rubysocks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Joan, really new to this ap, even though I been trying to focus I know I can try harder. I had hysterectomy April and still have a disability mindset so it knocked my motivation and confidence somewhat. My goals this month are to drink 6+glasses of water
    and go to gym3+ times weekly.
    Age 45
    Height 5'5
    Weight 144lbs
  • kel_vs_diabetez
    kel_vs_diabetez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just for today...
    I will watch my carb intake.
    And check my sugar two more times.
    Have a blessed day everyone ;)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Saturday:
    1. 12,000 steps :(10,559
    2. dance, dance, dance! :)

Sunday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift weights
    3. under 100G carbs
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Sunday's goals
    - within 10% of calorie target. Will mean watching I don't overeat at the buffet lunch....

Whoops. There was ice cream. 'Nuff said.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Monday's goals
    - weigh in
    - double bootcamp if my knees hold out
    - get through my observations list (I have this week off work to get through a long list of house/personal jobs... need to make it worth it!)
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    rubysocks wrote: »
    Hi Joan, really new to this ap, even though I been trying to focus I know I can try harder. I had hysterectomy April and still have a disability mindset so it knocked my motivation and confidence somewhat. My goals this month are to drink 6+glasses of water
    Age 45
    Height 5'5
    Weight 144lbs

You can do this. Had a H 16 years ago and was the best thing for me. Health is so much better.

Am 68 now but feel 10 years younger. Have lost 38.5 lbs which helps a lot. I don't believe the myth that you just gain weight after a H. I gained because I ate and ate and ate. With no exercise.
  • dfinnula
    dfinnula Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not snack after dinner
    Not eat sugar
    Go to pump class
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    just for sunday, 9/6:
    :) 1. log all calories
    :) 2. burn some calories doing yard work
    30 grams, but all from fruit/veges. 3. limit sugar to 25 grams or less

just for Monday, 9/7:

1. move (bike or run)
    2. log all calories, 25g of sugar or less
    3. physical therapy/foam rolling work
    4. exhibit patience monitoring homework. ugh.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »

I will stay under my calorie goal and finish my week strong
    I am expressing my gratitude that while my lovely wife is a runner, she'll slow down and walk with me instead, going on a trail walk this morning
    I will complete my work out routine mindfully, no TV or music. Focus on the movements. Can do this once a week

Good day yesterday.

Way under my calorie goal and worked out for 88 minutes including a 2.8 mile walk at 16:47/mile pace
    Reinforced my wellness mantra

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goals and make good choices when dining out
    I am expressing my gratitude that I'll be able to work in a family visit at the end of my business trip.

Traveling for the next 7 days...
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Its amazing how a simple little email can really change your day. Friday I was so down in the dumps - no reason - just down on myself. I am gained weight, back to old habits of eating for comfort.

Someone on MFP messaged me, wanting to join this group. I informed her it was not a "group", and anyone can join and post. She also was struggling, like I have been lately. But we passed a couple emails back and forth, and while I encouraged her to keep trying, in reality, it helped me.

SO a word to anyone -- when we can lift each others spirits, and encourage each other, I think we help ourselves as much if not more.

So the past 2 days have been good for me. I rode my bike 22 miles on saturday, and yesterday went on a long almost 6 mile hike - yes - and it was in the 90s!!!

But, I am down almost 3 lbs this week, which is so encouraging.

So just for today, Monday, 9/7
    1. keep water with me in the evenings to keep from snacking. If I am really hungry, drink a glass of milk.
    2. replace one bad habit with a good habit. Bad habit today - eating while sewing. Just for today, no eating in my sewing room
    3. My legs are tired yet from the past 2 days of exercising, but I am going to try and get out for a walk tonite - maybe a 30 minute walk.

I hope you all have a wonderful labor day. We can all lose this weight. Think of how great we are going to feel by the end of the year. Long-term goals!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    rubysocks wrote: »
    Age 45
    Height 5'5
    Weight 144lbs

Welcome to this thread Ruby. You can do this.
  • mytime6630
    Options

What a great idea! I feel much of my binge eating or late night snacking is due to boredom sitting in front of the TV, finally " relaxing"... I'm not into quilting but it seems like I need to find something that works for me. Any ideas?

@Jazz1979P
    - I love to quilt and do anything crafty. There are so many things to do while watching TV = knitting, crocheting, coloring. My problem is I eat while sewing - so really working on changing this bad habit :)
  • Ulrike958
    Ulrike958 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well...just to report...btw I am loving this thread!