September 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    In in it for 50 and have the new kix to make it happen
    • 02 - 6.2
    • 04 - 4.3 (Fisherman's Wharf..dodging tourists)
    exercise.png
  • garydeinert
    garydeinert Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    September 6 = 2.5 miles. Good start for the month!

exercise.png

• kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    9/1 -- 2.81mi
    9/2 -- 2.00mi
    9/3 -- 2.80mi
    9/4 -- 2.26mi
    9/5 -- 2.00mi
    9/6 -- rest day
    Have a great day!!!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the wishes. I landed in hospital last night where i lost the baby. Just resting now
    I'm so sorry. Hugs to you.

• ddmom0811
    Options
    9/1 - 5.25 miles
    9/2 - 3.55 miles
    9/3 - strength training + cycling class
    9/4 - rest
    9/5 - 34 mile bike ride
    9/6 - 12.82 mile run. 98% humidity - I couldn't have been any more drenched if I had jumped in a pool. Supposedly only 75 degrees but not so sure about that. Had a bathroom emergency mile and had to reroute to go by my house. Then had a great remaining 4 miles.

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 3.5 miles - way too many pushes on the snooze this morning! :smiley:
    9/2 - rest day walked the doggie instead
    9/3 - 5.1 miles
    9/4 - 10 miles last 2 were HOT HUMID and MISERABLE LOL
    9/5 - rest day - cross country meet - Skip did great 24th in her division 23:37 no where near a PR but it was so hot and humid you could hardly stand to be out there to watch let alone run. Proud of my girl.
    9/6 - 5.1 miles

23.7 of 120 miles

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

Thanks for the wishes. I landed in hospital last night where i lost the baby. Just resting now

I am so sorry. So sad.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @Madux1818 " I'm trying to set up a ticker like yours and I'm failing."

Go to the First Page of this Forum and there is a great write up on tickers included in the first post.

PM me if you need additional help.

Stan

• pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    6 miles done today, 13 in total. First time out in running tights and felt a little self conscious!
  • AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    9-1: 3.08 km...everything was going fine for the first 2k. First run after a very well-fed and drank vacation (seriously, a rib-eye the size of my forearm for the last dinner). 2.5k, I notice how tight my right leg feels. I loosen up my shoe and that does nothing. I started walking, and tried to pick back up but I was in so much pain I had to call my mom for rescue. Ugh.
    9-4: 4.24 km...Wanted to take it slow today so as not to agitate anything (foam-rolled the sheet outta my leg the other day). Very hot, not a fun run at all. Slow paced, so slow it was on par with my c25k week 7 overall pacing which INCLUDES the 10 minute warmup/cooldown. Boo.
    9-6: 5.45 km. My longest run yet! Pacing was much better than it has been in the last 2 weeks. First race is 2 weeks from today, looking good!

12.77/65km

An aside...a very angering thing happened at the end of my run. I was running against traffic, and out of nowhere this car comes with an ARMS LENGTH of me. We were both going in the same direction so that means they moved from their lane to get close to ME. This is the third time this has happened in a month and it's the same car EVERYTIME. Ugh.
  • tanyaL0L
    tanyaL0L Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! Put me down for 50m/80k! 18k so far this month, training for a 10k race for October.
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    Options
    MFP September 2015 Running Challenge:
    The magic number this month is 48. Along with being my mileage goal I also want to run 5 miles in 48 minutes to beat my new PR from last month of 49 minutes. Today was my first attempt at it. I was not successful this time but had a good run(51 mins). I think there are a few reasons such as last time I had a full rest day the day before. I had also had breakfast a few hours before. This time I did run on an empty stomach. I also have been cutting back calories this week. With the Holiday I did Monday's lifting workout on Friday and Fridays workout yesterday. I was doing well at the halfway point but ran out of steam shortly after and couldn't turn it on at the end. I have been using the Quarter tween the cheeks and kicking myself in the azz recommended to some one else earlier. And it does seem to be helping pick up the time on my shorter runs. I would still calls today's run a sucess seeing how 9 months ago I could barely "walk" 5 feet to the bathroom and now I am running 5 miles in under an hour.

Goal:48 miles
    Complete:18
    >>>>>>>>>> 30 to go <<<<<<<<<b0skiqkof3i7.jpg
    zvb1c6z8m2wy.jpg
    fb0km48w5uwz.jpg
  • BanksySJ11
    BanksySJ11 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    First 1/2 marathon completed this morning, 2,06,52. Not quite what I wanted but with the warm weather I'm happy enough ☺️
  • Dichotomy1976
    Dichotomy1976 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1/9: 7 miles
    4/9: 6.8 miles
    6/9: 13.7 miles

exercise.png

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    4 mile easy run today. My HRM started reading high a couple miles in. I didn't trust the reading based on how I felt. Looking at the data post run there is a clear spike for about half a mile. I'm hoping it's a fluke, or something a battery will fix. I can gauge an easy run by feel, but not so much on my steady or long paces.

9/1 - 6 mile steady run (6 total)
    9/2 - 4 mile easy run (10 total)
    9/3 - 8.5 mile long run (18.5 total)
    9/4 - 13 mile long run (31.5 total)
    9/5 - 4 mile easy run (35.5 total)

Goal 166 miles

exercise.png

• ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    9/2/ 15 - 1.8 hot and humid miles.
    9/4 1.5 - not quite as hot or humid miles 26.7 to go!
    9/6 3.7 - 23 miles to go!
  • ddmom0811
    Options
    BanksySJ11 wrote: »
    First 1/2 marathon completed this morning, 2,06,52. Not quite what I wanted but with the warm weather I'm happy enough ☺️

That's a great time! I am hoping for 2:30 for mine next month. Wait... forget that... I just want to finish!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3 of C25K and didn't realize I could participate in this thread until I started reading it. I'd love to play along. I don't know what goal to pick, though!

I'll say 50 miles.

I do a LOT of purposeful walking every day. I don't have a record of some of the walks.

First morning stuff:

9/1 - C25K Week 2, Day 2 as part of 5 overall miles
    9/2 - Water jogging and walking. It was 25K total steps for the day on Fitbit, but I have no idea how many miles each individual walk was
    9/3 - C25K Week 2, Day 3 as part of 5 overall miles
    9/4 - 2.5 miles, treadmill warm up with incline before weight lifting
    9/5 - 5.5 miles
    9/6 - C25K Week 3, Day 1, as part of 5.5 overall miles.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    01/9 12 miles
    02/9 12 miles
    03/9 10k
    04/9 12 miles
    05/9 10k
    06/9 34.1k

123.5km/400

21 miles today

I WANT TO DESTROY MY GARMIN. for the third Sunday in a row it kept losing GPS, all pace/distance messed up and strava not recognizing 2 miles

anyway, was in great mood, it was a sunny day (prob the 10th sunny day in the whole English "summer") and really enjoying my run

90th day of my non stopping running year commitment today as well, celebrated with my usual nice bbq

new shoes made the difference, really happy about them, was a bit concerned to wear them for the first time for a long run, but it was the right choice in the end, not a single problem
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7

thanks - no, it would be impossible to not stop and I think it'll be too long for them (got the lab plus a giant schnauzer)

plus I always wonder - do you think dogs do enjoy running a lot? Amy prefers the bed! :smiley: