Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• Ulrike958
    Ulrike958 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

joan6630 wrote: »
    Its amazing how a simple little email can really change your day. Friday I was so down in the dumps - no reason - just down on myself. I am gained weight, back to old habits of eating for comfort.

Someone on MFP messaged me, wanting to join this group. I informed her it was not a "group", and anyone can join and post. She also was struggling, like I have been lately. But we passed a couple emails back and forth, and while I encouraged her to keep trying, in reality, it helped me.

SO a word to anyone -- when we can lift each others spirits, and encourage each other, I think we help ourselves as much if not more.

Joan! I am sincerely do glad you are so encouraged...I agree that talking honestly with each other helps us down the road to our goals...and one day at a time is manageable! Just like thinking one meal at a time...yes, there are times when we must plan for the meal ahead aka banquet or the dreaded pot luck...but I a daily basis I just need too plan for this next meal, this day...this next hour even...for me at any rate it's not so daunting...

I finally downloaded a pedometer on my phone that does NOT use data...so am excited to try it. I also contacted a young pregnant friend who also likes to walk...I may be able to keep up with her...and we are walking later this afternoon.

Have a great day all! Chins up...we are going to make it...let's just give each other a hand! Love it...
  • Ulrike958
    Options
    Opps...didn't add my reply correctly...sorry everyone...it got attached to Joan's quote above...do hopefully you can find it and be encouraged...
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @ Ulrike958 - so glad to see you join us!

• Ulrike958
    Options
    68myra wrote: »

just for Monday, 9/7:

1. move (bike or run)
    2. log all calories, 25g of sugar or less
    3. physical therapy/foam rolling work
    4. exhibit patience monitoring homework. ugh.

Myrna....great goals...hasn't thought of logging on and recording my food intake as a goal...but that's a good one...hoping you'll have a "moving" day!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Sunday:
    1. 12,000 steps :( 11,573
    2. lift weights :smiley:
    3. under 100G carbs :(:(:(

Monday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. swim a mile
    3. under 100G carbs
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    rubysocks wrote: »
    Hi Joan, really new to this ap, even though I been trying to focus I know I can try harder. I had hysterectomy April and still have a disability mindset so it knocked my motivation and confidence somewhat. My goals this month are to drink 6+glasses of water
    and go to gym3+ times weekly.
    Age 45
    Height 5'5
    Weight 144lbs

Other than the 4-6 weeks when you have to limit or modify exercise, how is that a disability???

I had one about 5 years ago and never thought of it that way...
  • Nightcometh
    Nightcometh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

Stay under 25 carbs
    Do my show
    DON'T EAT THE DELICIOUS 15 PIES THEY HAVE AT WORK (good grief, if this weren't hard enough).
  • notsofatbird67
    notsofatbird67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started MFP again (last time 18 months ago) Going to try and loose weight again but have just broken my toe and cannot exercise easily and my son keeps baking these delicious cakes and I feel so bad saying I cannot eat them! My biggest downfall is biscuits so' just for today' I kept the biscuit box shut!
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Its amazing how a simple little email can really change your day. Friday I was so down in the dumps - no reason - just down on myself. I am gained weight, back to old habits of eating for comfort.

Someone on MFP messaged me, wanting to join this group. I informed her it was not a "group", and anyone can join and post. She also was struggling, like I have been lately. But we passed a couple emails back and forth, and while I encouraged her to keep trying, in reality, it helped me.

SO a word to anyone -- when we can lift each others spirits, and encourage each other, I think we help ourselves as much if not more.

So the past 2 days have been good for me. I rode my bike 22 miles on saturday, and yesterday went on a long almost 6 mile hike - yes - and it was in the 90s!!!

But, I am down almost 3 lbs this week, which is so encouraging.

So just for today, Monday, 9/7
    1. keep water with me in the evenings to keep from snacking. If I am really hungry, drink a glass of milk.
    2. replace one bad habit with a good habit. Bad habit today - eating while sewing. Just for today, no eating in my sewing room
    3. My legs are tired yet from the past 2 days of exercising, but I am going to try and get out for a walk tonite - maybe a 30 minute walk.

I hope you all have a wonderful labor day. We can all lose this weight. Think of how great we are going to feel by the end of the year. Long-term goals!

Well done Joan! Only YOU can change your mind and mood.... and notice how you did it this time so you can do it again.
    Big smiles at your recent success!
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Monday's goals
    - weigh in
    - double bootcamp if my knees hold out
    - get through my observations list (I have this week off work to get through a long list of house/personal jobs... need to make it worth it!)

- Weigh in... about half to 3/4 of a pound down. Small... and it's still progress
    - Did double bootcamp. First time in ages.
    - my jobs list (no idea how it can out as 'observations list' above: Yes made really good progress. Need to keep the momentum going. Will be SO good to get the lot done!
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Tuesday's goals
    - Really enjoy and appreciate the time I'll have with my 94 y.o. Nan.... I don't see her as much as I should so really.make it count!
    - Manage portion size at lunch at my dad's tomorrow .... to help me come within 10% of calories target
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Your right Joan, in helping and encouraging others we help ourselves too !
    JFT
    1. Walk or ride bike 30 min
    2. Drink 10 glasses of water
    3. Continue with plateau busting diet ! (Killing me)
    4. Peaceful thoughts

Keep going everyone !
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday, August 28
    1) Finish my laundry
    2) Knee exercises in spite of my PT having to think up new stuff for me
    3) Choose songs to choreograph for group fitness audition on Sunday

Hmm... haven't been here for a while.
    did everything. And got the job! YAy!

I'll look for this post in the morning.
  • JustaCowgirl86
    JustaCowgirl86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Joining this thread for a little motivation :) Had a fractured ankle since end of June, should be getting the cast off on Wednesday. Very motivated to get back into running again- I actually really missed it!
    Posting my goals for tomorrow:

1) Track faithfully and honestly!
    2) Go for a walk (thankfully I have a walking cast)
    3) Stop snacking after supper!!
  • Ulrike958
    Options
    jenean52 wrote: »
    Your right Joan, in helping and encouraging others we help ourselves too !
    JFT
    1. Walk or ride bike 30 min
    2. Drink 10 glasses of water
    3. Continue with plateau busting diet ! (Killing me)
    4. Peaceful thoughts

Keep going everyone !

Jean...interesting...what is your plateau busting diet? I plateaued for a month! I was so discouraged...have finally started moving again...
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    68myra wrote: »

just for Monday, 9/7:

:smile: 1. move (bike or run)
    :smiley: 2. log all calories, 25g of sugar or less
    :neutral: 3. physical therapy/foam rolling work
    totally blew it 4. exhibit patience monitoring homework. ugh.

Just for Today, 9/8:

1. PT/foam rolling
    2. bike and/or yoga
    3. log all food
    4. get kids out the door early for school

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Haven't logged in for so long. Just need to get back on track.
    JFT -I did log all my food. Not all the best choices yet.
    Got in a lot of physical activity.
    Need to journal & get to bed early.
    Would love to be in bed between 9:30-10pm every night this week.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I've been reading this thread for a few days and would love to join! I log daily commitments in a journal but I think this will help, too. Will post in the morning!
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Jft for 9/8 to 9/11

1. Log calories
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Try to do at least 30 min of exercise twice during the week
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Jazz1979P wrote: »

2. Attend Patchwork Group this morning

Terri - are you a quilter? Just wondering if this is what your Patchwork group is. I love to quilt and sew. Mostly in the evenings -- now if I can just keep doing this instead of grabbing snacks in between sewing :)

What a great idea! I feel much of my binge eating or late night snacking is due to boredom sitting in front of the TV, finally " relaxing"... I'm not into quilting but it seems like I need to find something that works for me. Any ideas?

I do all sorts of crafts, paint watercolours, write poetry. I am an ex-teacher, so I run 4 groups for a local charity and belong to another 10 or so, but will have to put them on hold until I recover from my hip op. I have a new patchwork project, my first full quilt, which I hope will keep me busy. :)

JFT
    1. Listen to the Doctor/physio and follow there instructions
    2. Go home. Yippee!
    3. Relax. Op went very well! Say the X-ray.