Krispy Kreme donuts are only 200cals?!

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Oh please - I've given up 500 of my 1200 for wine before, if someone wants to give up a couple hundred for a donut that's their business. :)

right??????????????? LOLOLOL

and Krispy Kreme rocks! LOL

Yeah I'm not saying it was the best decision, but things like that help stave off the "I can't eat however much of whatever I want!!" depression =P

So worth!

thats how i feel about my beer ;) LOLOLOL
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    Oh please - I've given up 500 of my 1200 for wine before, if someone wants to give up a couple hundred for a donut that's their business. :)

I-Like-You.

I like you both lol. I've made room in my day to include my (2) 7 & dt. sprites, just not too often. Great on post, 200 isn't bad for a sweet craving.
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme glazed are the devil. That damn hot sign, just calls to me! I So love them. LOL
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Wow, I want a donut now. Thanks guys :(!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    They are just so light and airy and tasty - not overly surprising. Have not had one in years and don't even know if there's one around anymore.

I always budget in calories for donuts and beer. What's the point to all the running without donuts and beer?
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Wow, I want a donut now. Thanks guys :(!

Hey! I refrained from posting a pic! Haha
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    they are not that many calories...but they don't have much in them to help you feel full.

Yes, but i'm guessing most people eat sweet things just for the taste....not to feel full.
    I normally have something sweet AFTER eating my dinner.
    I love doughnuts! <3
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    They are just so light and airy and tasty - not overly surprising. Have not had one in years and don't even know if there's one around anymore.

I always budget in calories for donuts and beer. What's the point to all the running without donuts and beer?

:/ and glorious ice cream /the end... ;)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Sure thats not a per bite number?
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Im a sucker for the lemon filled and raspberry filled. Harnt had one for a while but I may need to soon. Theres one about a mile from me, maybe Ill run there!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    lol at all these KK haters. I like the entenmann's softee donuts a lot, and I buy the multi pack every so often. (I am the only one in the house who likes plain donuts, so that means 3 in that pack are ALL MINE)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    KK's key lime doughnuts almost brought me to Jesus. It did bring me closer to 200lbs. It was a combo of quite a few trigger foods and we lived a mile from a store, but mmmm I remember that taste!
  • AspenDan
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Sure thats not a per bite number?

That's what I first thought! But when you think about it, the donut is basically just like 20% bread, 20% sugar, and 60% concentrated happiness...
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If it was a 400ish donut I'd have just cut it in half & save the other half, for another day. I had gone to McDonald's & used 1 of their "Buy One Large Sandwich, Get One Free" coupons. I normally would've gotten 2 Fillet O Fish sandwiches but since I'd had a box of Gorton's Beer Batter Shrimp, that week; I didn't because I didn't want to get Mercury poisoning. So I bought 1 Quarter Pounder With Cheese & got the Bic Mac, for free. Since they were 520 to 540 Calories each, I cut them both into Quarters & ate 1/4 of each, at a time; so they lasted nearly 24 hours.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Clearly spotting an extra 200 calories is like Christmas.
    All I want for Christmas is my two hundred calories, two hundred calories.
  • AspenDan
    Options
    ; I didn't because I didn't want to get Mercury poisoning. So I bought 1 Quarter Pounder With Cheese & got the Bic Mac, for free.

Sounds like my kinda rationale, "I should probably eat this mac and cheese because it's got like 4% of the fiber I need today."
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    200 calories? Plain old fashioned Dunkin Donuts donuts are 370. So, I doubt it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    200 calories? Plain old fashioned Dunkin Donuts donuts are 370. So, I doubt it.

Dunkin donuts aare cake donuts and much more dense. KK are yeast donuts and much lighter in volume and density.

DD also tastes like crap but hey we all got our opinions LOLOLOL
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    How did you determine the calorie count for the donuts?

Edit: According to Krispy Kreme's website, the original donuts is 190 calories, but it looks like every other kind is 300-400 cals.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    KK are glazed regular donuts. a DD version is only 260. Old fashioned donuts are cake donuts.