Two Hundred Sit-Up Challenge, Jan 2009

Options

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Okay so on my test I did 30, but I think I am going to start out on level 2 today. I'd like to work on form a little bit. I don't think I am getting up high enough. Seems like I am only getting my shoulder blades off the floor. So level two later today!
    MM
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So last night I did the initial test and did 41 so I had to start on week three in the third column.

Set 1-- 21 did
    Set 2-- 27 did
    Set 3-- 21 did
    Set 4-- 21 did
    Set 5-- max (at least 30) I did 80!!!:noway:

I couldn't believe it I just kept going! I know tomorrow I'm going to be sore but to be able to do 200 crunches would be fantastic!!!!

Are you doing crunches or full sit ups??

It tells you to do a crunch. that full sit ups are not good any more.

this is from the website.
    Please note, due to the potential risk of spinal damage involved with performing traditional sit-ups, the two hundred sit- ups program will utilize the more common crunch or curl up exercise.

Throughout this site, wherever you read the words "sit-up(s)", please think in terms of crunches or curl ups, not the out-of-favour mass taught exercise. Furthermore, the two hundred sit-ups logo is not meant to be a good indicator of how the exercise should be performed. Please read on for more information.
  • caejde
    caejde Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was interested in doing this...but what is the time limit or is there one? Nothing was mentioned on seeing how many in "x" amount of time so I was just wondering how do I determine that.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    So last night I did the initial test and did 41 so I had to start on week three in the third column.

Set 1-- 21 did
    Set 2-- 27 did
    Set 3-- 21 did
    Set 4-- 21 did
    Set 5-- max (at least 30) I did 80!!!:noway:

I couldn't believe it I just kept going! I know tomorrow I'm going to be sore but to be able to do 200 crunches would be fantastic!!!!

Are you doing crunches or full sit ups??

It tells you to do a crunch. that full sit ups are not good any more.

this is from the website.
    Please note, due to the potential risk of spinal damage involved with performing traditional sit-ups, the two hundred sit- ups program will utilize the more common crunch or curl up exercise.

Throughout this site, wherever you read the words "sit-up(s)", please think in terms of crunches or curl ups, not the out-of-favour mass taught exercise. Furthermore, the two hundred sit-ups logo is not meant to be a good indicator of how the exercise should be performed. Please read on for more information.

I started thinking about it and read a little further lol Im not good at reading directions lol so Im going to retake my test only going up to 35 degrees and holding for 1-2 seconds, Thanks for bringing it to my attention!:flowerforyou:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    SO now I'm kinda confused, I retook my initial test and I got 50 done basically just lifting my shoulder blades off the ground to get to 35 degrees... is that right?? and holding at the top for a second or two
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    On my test I did 40.
    So today I started week 1, level 3
    at least 14, I did 20

I am pausing at the top.

Off to post on the push ups!

On my test I did 35 so I also started week 1, level 3 today
    at least 14, I did 20

I'm glad I don't have to do it again until Wednesday. :laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I did day 1 level 2 today. I know I can do more, so I will probably move to level 3 on Wednesday depending on how sore I am tomorrow. Ha ha. Since I haven't worked out in two months I'm not sure where my body is at physically, so we'll see!
    Happy crunching!
    MM
  • Becca21
    Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This is great
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I was interested in doing this...but what is the time limit or is there one? Nothing was mentioned on seeing how many in "x" amount of time so I was just wondering how do I determine that.

No time limit. I like that just have to watch the seconds between sets.
  • butterflydiva
    Options
    I 'm gonna give this a try tommorow. It seems like fun :smile:
  • Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm so looking forward to this challenge. I have gone through spurts of doing crunches on a nightly/every-other-night basis and I can sure tell the difference when I'm doing them. Question is, so that you don't ignore all the abdominal muscles, I wonder if it would be a good idea to do the challenge using several different crunch styles (i.e. straight up w/feet on the floor, elbow to opposite knee, both legs in air, etc.)?
  • butterflydiva
    Options
    Just did the intital test and did 62 sit ups. :happy:
  • keiko
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I just checked in over on the push up challenge. It's great to see so many people working out and working towards a healthier lifestyle!

Today for my sit ups was Week 1, Day 2, Level 3
    at least 18, I did 25.

Keep up the good work! We'll all be doing 200 sit ups!
    Hope you all have a great day and aren't to sore!
  • lyla29
    Options
    I just finished week , day 2, level 3
    at least 18, I did 30
    :smile:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I was still sore from Monday but I did week 1 day 2 level 3. I'm sure I will hurt tomorrow! And the next day and probably the day after that and so on...
    I hope they come out with a butt or thigh challenge next. Ha ha! I'll make up my own if they don't.
    Happy crunching!
    MM
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I already joined 100 push ups challenge. But I didn't see this post earlier. Hope it's not too late to join you all! I'll take my test tonight!
  • lyla29
    Options
    I already joined 100 push ups challenge. But I didn't see this post earlier. Hope it's not too late to join you all! I'll take my test tonight!

we just started this week, so welcome :smile:
  • keiko
    Options
    Welcome to karlaw and anyone else who wants to join! It's never to late since we can be on different days, weeks, levels. We all start where we can and grow stronger together:happy:

Today I did week 1, day 3, level 3
    I might have gone more but I lost count. DH & the dog were up by then. I don't talk and count at the same time very good.

Hope you all have a good Friday and weekend:flowerforyou:
  • lyla29
    Options
    Today I did week 1, day 3, level 3

:smile:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Week 1 level 3 day 3
    30 (min 20)
    Probably be feeling it tomorrow! So nice to be getting back in shape though!
    MM