Replies

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »

I will stay under my calorie goals and make good choices when dining out
    I will work out for 80 minutes
    I will reinforce my wellness mantra
    I am expressing my gratitude that I'll be able to work in a family visit at the end of my business trip.

Traveling for the next 7 days...

Solid day.

Even though I indulged in a What-a-Burger with cheese (had to, it's Texas!) I was still well under my calorie goal for the day. Skipped the fries and shake, didn't do the double and was on track the rest of the day.
    Worked out for 87 minutes including my first 3 mile walk at a solid 16:36/mile pace
    Reinforced my wellness mantra twice on the day

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goal and make good choices for my meals
    I will work out for 40 minutes
    I will reinforce my wellness mantra
    I am expressing my gratitude for my life. On the flight into Dallas, the lady next to me on the plane was airsick and threw up on my shirt. Two couples with their kids across the aisle and the two rows behind me. One lady berated and belittled her husband the entire flight. Beaten man... Me, I've been traveling for a long, long time and after 23 years of marriage my lovely bride still sends me off with a love note in my briefcase. Despite the wild flight, she made my day. I have a good life.

• sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    I will let go of the past.
    I will stay within my calorie goal.
    I will dance!
  • eileenmprice193
    eileenmprice193 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will stay within my calorie limit. I will check in here for the next 7 days.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    JFT
    After reading some inspiring blogs on MFP last night I'm applying some good habits...
    Pre-track food-done!
    Mow lawn & walk
    Prep some veggies
    Bring fruit for snack in car
    Buy more fruit
    Drink 8-10 cups of water
    Preplan meals for the week
    Try not to snack while tired.
    In bed between 9-9:30!
    Have a great day everyone!

• lani12379
    lani12379 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    JFT:

10k steps with my new Fitbit :smiley:
    Get on elliptical for 30 min
    Watch my calorie intake
    Have fun!!
  • jbwilson06
    jbwilson06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stick to calorie goal
    30 mins on eliptical (no excuses)
    No worrying
  • kel_vs_diabetez
    kel_vs_diabetez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My daily commitment is to
    1. Drink water
    2. Stay away from the pastry
    3. Hit my 1300 calorie goal
  • Ulrike958
    Ulrike958 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Had a great day yesterday....walked although it was late in the day for me...it went beautifully...stayed with calorie count..even resisted the temptation for buttery popcorn! Had a gracious visit with a friend who is fighting cancer...puts things quickly into perspective!
  • Ulrike958
    Options
    I will stay within my calorie limit. I will check in here for the next 7 days.

Eileen....I see this! Hooray...I'll look for your posts these next 7 days...
  • Ulrike958
    Options
    JFT:
    I will let go of the past.
    I will stay within my calorie goal.
    I will dance!

sunnydee216...letting go of the past for today. A very good goal indeed! Go for it...the past just becomes a heavy drag...Today you can do without it!!
  • Ulrike958
    Options
    Earlier today I responded to a post with a comment that spoke right to my own heart...I said
    "letting go of the past for today. A very good goal indeed! Go for it...the past just becomes a heavy drag...Today you can do without it!! "

This needs to be one of my goals TODAY and not worry about if I can also do it tomorrow...today is enough for today...I'm too tired to keep pulling 60 years of past and it hasn't done any good! So I'm putting down the chain today! Awesome...feels good and it is right....blessings you all....
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    JFT 9/8

1. Eat within my calorie limit
    2. Workout - Insanity Max 30 Tabata Power
    3. No drinking (alcohol)
    4. Push through any negative thoughts and don't let them derail me
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, Monday, 9/7
    1. keep water with me in the evenings to keep from snacking. If I am really hungry, drink a glass of milk. :)
    2. replace one bad habit with a good habit. Bad habit today - eating while sewing. Just for today, no eating in my sewing room :) - I had some nuts, but I stopped sewing, went and ate them in the kitchen!
    3. My legs are tired yet from the past 2 days of exercising, but I am going to try and get out for a walk tonite - maybe a 30 minute walk. :/ Got in a 15 minute walk - but saw storm clouds building, so decided to get back home.

JFT, Tuesday, 9.8
    1. NO eating in my sewing room -- REplace this habit with a good habit.
    2. Drink water in the evenings to keep from snacking
    3. get in a 40 minute walk or bike ride tonite!

• Mellie1183
    Mellie1183 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Any new threads for this topic?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Mellie1183 wrote: »
    Any new threads for this topic?

Huh? What do you mean?

In this context, a thread and a topic are the same thing...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. 10,000 steps :)
    2. swim a mile :( blankety-blanking gym closed early for the holiday without notice
    3. under 100G carbs :)

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. swim a mile
    3. under 100G carbs
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

I'll look for this post in the morning.

JFT Tuesday September 8
    1) Did this: Aqua rehab and PT exercises for my knee 1 3/4 hours
    2) PT appointment at 4:30
    3) Bike skills workshop 6:30
    4) I lost a couple of extra pounds - so trying to get all my calories in for the day.

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goals
    - Really enjoy and appreciate the time I'll have with my 94 y.o. Nan.... I don't see her as much as I should so really.make it count! :)
    - Manage portion size at lunch at my dad's tomorrow .... to help me come within 10% of calories target :( Not so good. Did limit portions but still ate a bit too much of the quiche and had more ice cream than I needed for dessert. Am about 20% over target today.

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's goals
    - double bootcamp and work hard
    - avoid having ANY biscuits at my sister's
    - hit calorie target or under
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Rather on the late side for today, but this is more for the rest of the week and not health or fitness related (at best it counts life improvement). I will keep calm and not freak myself out or work myself out about my driving test on Friday. I'm not a horrible driver just not good yet either. Passing would be awesome and what I really want, but failing the driving test the first time is not a big deal. Very Inconvienent and very annoying, but not the end of the world and is not an overall sign of failure. Accept it and move on by learning from my mistakes, practice some more, and reschedule the test again as soon as possible.