6. less than 30 grams of sugar

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Jazz1979P wrote: »
    joan6630 wrote: »

2. Attend Patchwork Group this morning

Terri - are you a quilter? Just wondering if this is what your Patchwork group is. I love to quilt and sew. Mostly in the evenings -- now if I can just keep doing this instead of grabbing snacks in between sewing :)

What a great idea! I feel much of my binge eating or late night snacking is due to boredom sitting in front of the TV, finally " relaxing"... I'm not into quilting but it seems like I need to find something that works for me. Any ideas?

I do all sorts of crafts, paint watercolours, write poetry. I am an ex-teacher, so I run 4 groups for a local charity and belong to another 10 or so, but will have to put them on hold until I recover from my hip op. I have a new patchwork project, my first full quilt, which I hope will keep me busy. :)

JFT
    1. Listen to the Doctor/physio and follow there instructions
    2. Go home. Yippee!
    3. Relax. Op went very well! Say the X-ray.

On track for a speedy recovery :)

JFT Wed 9/09
    1. Do physio exercises
    2. Get up and move every hour
    3. Be thankful
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »

I will stay under my calorie goal and make good choices for my meals
    I will work out for 40 minutes
    I will reinforce my wellness mantra
    I am expressing my gratitude for my life. On the flight into Dallas, the lady next to me on the plane was airsick and threw up on my shirt. Two couples with their kids across the aisle and the two rows behind me. One lady berated and belittled her husband the entire flight. Beaten man... Me, I've been traveling for a long, long time and after 23 years of marriage my lovely bride still sends me off with a love note in my briefcase. Despite the wild flight, she made my day. I have a good life.

Good day yesterday.

Under my calorie goal and make good choices despite a few weak moments.
    Worked out for 38 minutes.
    Reinforced my wellness mantra twice

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goal for the day. Going out for TexMex with friends for dinner.
    I will work out for 40 minutes
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I am expressing gratitude for MFP. For years I tried to give myself "points" or some other system for making solid food and exercise choices. MFP makes this easy to track calories in and out.

• ellenartee
    ellenartee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    JFT:

I will stay underneath my calorie goal. I will pay attention in all of my classes. I will have confidence in my appearance no matter what!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    Rather on the late side for today, but this is more for the rest of the week and not health or fitness related (at best it counts life improvement). I will keep calm and not freak myself out or work myself out about my driving test on Friday. I'm not a horrible driver just not good yet either. Passing would be awesome and what I really want, but failing the driving test the first time is not a big deal. Very Inconvienent and very annoying, but not the end of the world and is not an overall sign of failure. Accept it and move on by learning from my mistakes, practice some more, and reschedule the test again as soon as possible.

You'll get there! As with many struggles in our lives, we're just not "there" YET. Key word "YET".
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Jazz1979P wrote: »

2. Attend Patchwork Group this morning

Terri - are you a quilter? Just wondering if this is what your Patchwork group is. I love to quilt and sew. Mostly in the evenings -- now if I can just keep doing this instead of grabbing snacks in between sewing :)

What a great idea! I feel much of my binge eating or late night snacking is due to boredom sitting in front of the TV, finally " relaxing"... I'm not into quilting but it seems like I need to find something that works for me. Any ideas?

I do all sorts of crafts, paint watercolours, write poetry. I am an ex-teacher, so I run 4 groups for a local charity and belong to another 10 or so, but will have to put them on hold until I recover from my hip op. I have a new patchwork project, my first full quilt, which I hope will keep me busy. :)

JFT
    1. Listen to the Doctor/physio and follow there instructions
    2. Go home. Yippee!
    3. Relax. Op went very well! Say the X-ray.

On track for a speedy recovery :)

JFT Wed 9/09
    1. Do physio exercises
    2. Get up and move every hour
    3. Be thankful

Best wishes for a speedy recovery-you've got a great attitude!
  • BaileighJoosteHiggins
    Options
    1. Stick to my calorie goal
    2. Do my physio - And I really lack the motivation today!
    3. Try not to complain too much.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Yesterday went well, especially tracking. I waited a little too late for my walk & got caught in the worst of the heat! Lesson learned...
    JFT
    Walking early today.
    Very active today so I'll have to be diligent about drinking water.
    Eat fruit for each snack.
    Get some important paperwork done.
    Start project for church.
    Prep supper (already tracked).
    Read an inspirational blog.
    In bed by 9:30.

Listened to a great podcast that discussed maintaining healthy habits & I have to ask myself "can I sustain the habits I'm trying to adopt for the next 30 years"? If yes, then it's a wise choice.

• jbwilson06
    jbwilson06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    elliptical 30 mins
    drink more water
    stay in calorie range
    read my devotional tonight
    be thankful for my health and not worry about things beyond my control
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    JFT 9/8

1. Eat within my calorie limit
    2. Workout - Insanity Max 30 Tabata Power
    3. No drinking (alcohol)
    4. Push through any negative thoughts and don't let them derail me

Good day yesterday - all commitments met. :smiley:

JFT 9/9
    Ha. I just realized I'm likely going to have the same goals everyday. Ah, well.

1. Eat within my calorie limit
    2. Workout - Insanity Max 30
    3. No drinking (alcohol)
    4. Be patient with this process and work on positive thoughts
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today (9/9):

1. Log my food and stay within my limit
    2. Exercise of some type, starting today. Enter it as appointment on my calendar and stick to it.
    3. No sugar except for in my apple and peach that I packed for lunch
    4. Take the time to write in my gratitude journal tonight.

Have a GREAT day everyone! Good luck! I know I will need it... :smile:
  • eileenmprice193
    eileenmprice193 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Stay within my limit. One day down, 6 more to go.

• Ulrike958
    Ulrike958 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stay within my limit. One day down, 6 more to go.

Awesome Eileen! Good to see you here...been waiting for this...cheering you on today!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yesterday 9.8
    1. NO eating in my sewing room -- REplace this habit with a good habit. :/ After first eating 1/2 of a bagel, then a yogurt, I remembered to grab my water and drink. that at least stopped me from eating more. I know this is just a awful habit of grabbing food in the evening!
    2. Drink water in the evenings to keep from snacking :/:)
    3. get in a 40 minute walk or bike ride tonite! :/ Had to run errands, and then just never got out tonite. Probably my problem with the food eating also.

JFT, Wednesday, 9/9

1. NO eating in my sewing room. Have my water ready! Replace this habit with drinking water.
    2. No matter how tired I am today, walk or ride my bike.
    3. I was awake last nite until 4am, so I know this will be a harder day food-wise. I tend to want to eat when I am tired. Take a short nap instead of eating!
    4. Be grateful for my health, and never take it for granted. Work at becoming a healthier me.
    5. Read success stories.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Listened to a great podcast that discussed maintaining healthy habits & I have to ask myself "can I sustain the habits I'm trying to adopt for the next 30 years"? If yes, then it's a wise choice.

This is a great thing to think about. Maintaining can be so hard unless we incorporate these habit while losing. It is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. thank you Sara for helping us all remember this!
  • mytime6630
    Options

I am expressing my gratitude for my life. On the flight into Dallas, the lady next to me on the plane was airsick and threw up on my shirt. Two couples with their kids across the aisle and the two rows behind me. One lady berated and belittled her husband the entire flight. Beaten man... Me, I've been traveling for a long, long time and after 23 years of marriage my lovely bride still sends me off with a love note in my briefcase. Despite the wild flight, she made my day. I have a good life.

This made me laugh, then smile! Wow - what a flight you had. But also, what a lovely thing for your wife to send you off with a note! I have been married for 38 years, I am so very grateful for all that I have. So much to be grateful for.
    And, I hope your next flight is not so eventful!
  • Ulrike958
    Options
    Yesterday 9.8
    1. NO eating in my sewing room -- REplace this habit with a good habit. :/ After first eating 1/2 of a bagel, then a yogurt, I remembered to grab my water and drink. that at least stopped me from eating more. I know this is just a awful habit of grabbing food in the evening!
    2. Drink water in the evenings to keep from snacking :/:)
    3. get in a 40 minute walk or bike ride tonite! :/ Had to run errands, and then just never got out tonite. Probably my problem with the food eating also.

JFT, Wednesday, 9/9

1. NO eating in my sewing room. Have my water ready! Replace this habit with drinking water.
    2. No matter how tired I am today, walk or ride my bike.
    3. I was awake last nite until 4am, so I know this will be a harder day food-wise. I tend to want to eat when I am tired. Take a short nap instead of eating!
    4. Be grateful for my health, and never take it for granted. Work at becoming a healthier me.
    5. Read success stories.

Oh Joan I like your 3,4,5 JFT goals for today...I too easy when I'm tired...so take a nap! I don't know why I deny myself that...and being grateful for the health I have...reading success stories are a two edged sword bit I do like talking to real people dealing with real struggles! Keep going my new friend we aren't perfect but step by step well get there.
  • Ulrike958
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

This is a great thing to think about. Maintaining can be so hard unless we incorporate these habit while losing. It is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. thank you Sara for helping us all remember this!

Absolutely! Thanks
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Goals for today: Run a 5K and don't go overboard on take out :smile:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :(
    2. swim a mile :(
    3. under 100G carbs :)

Well, yesterday was a complete wash. Wasn't feeling well, so I stayed home to watch NOVA documentaries and then went to sleep early. I've really been dragging lately and I am not sure why. I'm having a bit of a fibro flare, but it really isn't bad enough to use as an excuse. Today I really need to whip myself into shape!

Wednesday:
    1. 10,000
    2. swim a mile
    3. under 100G carbs