ONE tip from those who have been successful

Options
beth0277
beth0277 Posts: 217 Member
I've been a little discouraged at my slow weight loss and need some motivation from those of you who have been successful. So, if you could only give ONE tip that helped you the most during your weight loss, what would it be? It can be anything!

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Patience
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Food scale
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Patience

eoevcfv3uqwe.gif
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food. I bought an awesome digital scale on Amazon for $13 and my weight started going down again after a loooong pause.
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Log in diary truthfully and faithfully. Every day. When I don't it's surprising how those few things I forgot ("till later) add up to "over cal. goal".
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'll give 2.
    1) Log EVERYTHING religiously
    2) So long as you keep your calories above starvation mode enjoy hunger pains. Every time your stomach feels like that means your body is about to go eat some fat. Unless you're in starvation mode, then it's probably going to eat an organ. :)
  • kjablinskey
    kjablinskey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Start a progressive load lifting program immediately.
  • Sofia_Aleman
    Sofia_Aleman Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Being consistent. I've been super frustrated with long stretches of no significant weight loss but I never stop trying to eat better and exercising. Eventually the pounds and inches come off.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Use the mirror/pics and not the scale as your tool on determining how you are doing.
  • jeremyblaylock
    jeremyblaylock Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have a set goal and never lose sight of it. I find myself just when I'm about to give in to either eating something I shouldn't or giving less than 100% during exercise asking myself, "Do you want (goal) or not?" and push forward.
  • LynGrahamKemp
    LynGrahamKemp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What everyone else stated above... The best advice I can give is to be consistent and patient. Don't stress over a bad day, just bust it out the following day. Log everything
  • karinav89
    karinav89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    elothen wrote: »
    Sorry, I'll give 2.
    1) Log EVERYTHING religiously
    2) So long as you keep your calories above starvation mode enjoy hunger pains. Every time your stomach feels like that means your body is about to go eat some fat. Unless you're in starvation mode, then it's probably going to eat an organ. :)

Lol on the organ part
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Make it fun :)
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Don't let the scale rule everything. Even when the lbs don't seem to be moving the inches will still be coming off.
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale vs. measuring cups or "eyeballing" it.
    I lost 7 pounds by making that one small change.
  • jez_4ever
    jez_4ever Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Consistency, and mix it up. Have fun with it!
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Pics. Pics. Pics.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Remember the non scale victories - measure you body, you may lose inches rather than pounds, fit into something you couldn't wear previously, or be fitter than you were before, good luck :*
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm "in progress" on my weight loss too, but I'll offer my 2¢ anyway. I also feel discouraged by the pace of my weight loss. My #1 tip was "patience" but others have already said that, so here is my one (more) tip:

• Counteract frustrated/negative thoughts with encouraging and inspiring ones. It could be hanging post-its around your house/office with things like "You can do it!" or "Keep it up!" on them, or whatever works for you. For me, I made a secret Pinterest board just for my eyes, with encouraging memes on it like "You didn't gain it all in one day, you won't lose it all in one day" and "I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday" -- reading these really helps when I'm feeling discouraged. And over time I've noticed feeling less frustrated, like I'm internalizing the encouraging stuff more. Good luck!
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Eat flavorful and interesting food! Add a spice rub, hot sauce or sprinkle of seasoning. It uses very few calories and is so much more satisfying than plain chicken or plain vegetables. If you are bored with the "healthy" foods you are far more likely to be tempted by the ones that will sabotage your goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!