Is there any one food or item you've completely eliminated from your diet?

Options

Replies

• TexasJade
    TexasJade Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ShandaLeaS wrote: »
    Sweet tea and regular Coke but only because I don't have the will power to only have in moderation. 1 sweet tea=me drinking a gallon of it literally

Me too...on both. Although, I can't say I have completely eliminated but having none for now. I have had one Coke since I started and asked them when they brought it not to refill it.

• egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    no more sodas for me

i haven't had one in 3 years and i didn't even realized it until this thread O_O
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms.

Or at least I try to eliminate them. Restaurants keep wanting to add them to salads and vegetarian dishes as though they are a vegetable and not a fungus.
  • doralim1990
    doralim1990 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah,

I am trying to eliminate nuts (peanut butter/almond butter) because i am totally obsessed with them! (Up to 3tbsp per day on worst case) but i go cold turkey right away , no matter how much i ate at that day i dont feel satisfied at all and ended up eating more than normal :(
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Soda.
    Also, I was using a TON of creamer in my coffee, and while I haven't cut it out completely, I have started appropriately following the serving size now

Otherwise I am just being more conscious about serving sizes, but I'm not cutting foods completely out of my "diet" because that's not realistic to me in the long run
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I've given up soda -- both coke and diet -- although at a restaurant meal I will have a diet soda. I generally avoid breads and pasta. I cut red meat back to two times or so per week. I have not had any fast food in over 2 years.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    kale...that stuff is nasty
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, buttered popcorn, cakes, biscuits, blueberry muffins, hard cheese, coconut & coconut milk, grapefruit, chocolate, pastry........what do I really miss? cheese, cheese, cheese!!!!!!!!!!!! If I was just losing weight I could eat my favourite no no's as a treat in moderation but 'he who must be obeyed' [my doctor] says Nooooo because I have high cholesterol....booooo!!
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Full calorie coffee creamer, it was too big of a calorie hit. I have not been able to figure a way to make five guys fit into my day, so i suppose you could say i eliminated it.
  • avilancaster871
    avilancaster871 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat addicted to Fresca, and had been drinking 2-3 cans a day, every day. Even though there are zero calories, I've learned how bad artificial sweeteners are, so I've taken them out of my diet completely.
    Anyone else cut anything out totally?

I cut out fizzy drinks as was drinking them constantly and I no u can get no sugar ones but found my diet would be better without and with water instead so havnt drank any since started my diet
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Just asking - is coffee creamer in liquid or dry form? From reading these boards everyone seems to use creamer instead of milk in US.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    Just asking - is coffee creamer in liquid or dry form? From reading these boards everyone seems to use creamer instead of milk in US.

Creamer comes in dry and liquid form. I myself prefer liquid as the powdered stuff just tastes nasty to me. I occasionally use milk, but I mainly use my creamer. (Caramel Macchiato or White Chocolate Mocha, anyone?)

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options

When I say "cream" I mean cream. Half-and-half or heavy whipping cream, depending on what's in the fridge.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I switched to black in my early 20s, but in college I used milk with my coffee.

A friend of mine still does, and restaurants sometimes have a surprisingly difficult time with this and will bring cream or half and half despite her request for milk.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Other than 1-2 cups of coffee a day, I drink water. I like food too much to waste calories on a beverage.
  • preyaticintent
    preyaticintent Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    In college, I used to go through so much soda, I'm honestly surprised that I'm not dead and/or diabetic. I would have it at my desk and not even think about grabbing one. I'd go through 5 or 6 12-packs in a span of 12 hours or so. I noticed one day that when I would go home between semesters, I wouldn't drink any soda. No craving, no anything. So, I decided about 6 years ago, no more. I haven't had a single soda since.

I also used to have fast food(McDonald's/Taco Bell/etc) at least once a day. About 9 weeks ago I cut that all together. Now the only fast food I eat is a 6" sandwich from Subway.

I've also started weening myself off coffee. I've gone from 4 cups(with creamer/sugar) a day, to 2(black) a week.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I gave up baked goods and cheese. I am over the baked goods. Got a handle on that. But I miss cheese. And to me the fat reduced cheese is like plastic, so I treat myself with a tablespoon of Parmesan Petals over my huge bowl of veggies. The Parmesan flavour helps me cope! Still trying to figure out how to make a lasagna which I have been dreaming about..... Without too much ooey gooey cheese!
  • ktier09
    ktier09 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I prefer to find alternatives or swaps instead. For example when I started in tracking I realized how much I was really adding into my morning coffee. So I did a little research and found a great and much healthier creamer option. :)
  • c613477
    c613477 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners aren't bad.

I've eliminated meat. I'm a vegetarian and I don't really like meat and I have ethical issues.

I've also eliminated Swiss chard. It tastes like dirt. I like most other leafy greens, though.

Ha I am not the only one that thinks that Swiss chard was never meant to be eaten by humans? I love veggies with exception of chard and okra.
  • KrissyBean615
    KrissyBean615 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've cut out all beef, pork, and red meat of any kind. Basically, any kind of meat that comes from a mammal I don't eat anymore.