Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Cannot do bacon and sweets. Just can't.

My contribution (from local donut shop)

DSC_1974_zps0bbun0fo.jpg

Those look a little light on the frosting, other than the sprinkle ones... That's one of my chief complaints about DD too, if I order a doughnut, I want full frosting coverage!

• OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Just looking at this, I have to go exercise.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Mdoe20132 wrote: »
    I wish I could eat one donut - I want six. Love Krispy Kreme but Shoppers makes the best donuts I've had. Fun to fantasize about donuts ... It's easy for me to avoid eat eating a donut because I know one isn't enough.

Absolutely. And they're not very expensive at all.

I wouldn't cross the street to eat a Dunkin Donut. Ick.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful thread. :'(
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Only 200? ONLY?!

That's 1/6 of my whole day. That leaves me only 1000 calories in which to cram all the vitamins and minerals I need, which is dang hard to do with 1200.

Only.

I envy anyone who can blow 200 calories and still get all their many micros.

I pity anyone who doesn't realize that our days do not exist in a vacuum and that one can make up excesses and shortfalls and subsequently denies themselves the pleasure of donuts.

Agreed, i had half dozen donuts last Friday. It was so worth it. Went over my calories for the day but fixed it with additionally long mountain bikes over the weekend. So worth it...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Maple glazed bacon cake doughnut FTW

1349718777179.jpg

Nope. Maple Bacon belongs on a yeast long john, not a cake doughnut, IMO.

maxresdefault.jpg[img][/img]

People like weird things... to both pictures :confounded:
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I see people referring to "DD" on this thread.... is that Dunkin Donuts? Or is it the Duck Donuts that I mentioned? I've never had Duck Donuts because it's new to this area, but Dunkin Donuts is really close to my house. I avoid that altogether, which is easy because their parking lot is horrible. But I will go out of my way for a hot-from-the-oven Krispy Kreme every once in awhile.
  • grumpyfitness
    grumpyfitness Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is the issue with KK.....who can just eat just one? I have to eat a whole dozen every time I go there....so I try to avoid it most of the time...most! Of course, I did do the KK Challenge a few yrs ago. Started at NC State in Raleigh, NC......run 2.5 miles...eat a dozen KK glazed and then run back 2.5 miles...and have to finish in under an hour. The doughnuts don't taste nearly as good as they sound after running. I would much rather go by when the HOT sign in on late on weekend night!!!!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love KK and they are awesome when they are hot and fresh. They melt in your mouth. I won't buy the ones in gas stations and what not. Nope, gotta come straight from the source! But we have two local bakeries that put them to shame. I'd pick local fresh homemade doughnuts over commercial fried ones any day. But doughnuts for me are now entirely a special treat on rare occasions. It helps that the nearest KK and the two bakeries are 45 min away.

And those pecan yum yum things look divine..... /drools.

• Bamabreeze67
    Bamabreeze67 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol. Love Krispy Kreme but I just started my diet when I splurge I know what I'm eating lol
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I can't believe four pages of comments and no one has posted this:

l.jpg

So beautiful!!!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

l.jpg

So beautiful!!!

They serve them at the minor league ballpark here, we went to a game last Saturday and I was going to get one but they looked like they'd been sitting under the heat lamp too long. We made them one day at work with the leftover Krispy Kremes that someone had brought in for a birthday, took them down to the cafeteria after the lunch rush was over and asked if they wanted to build us a bacon cheeseburger - they loved it - we gave the cooks all their own burgers. They were tasty, but I couldn't even eat half a burger.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Krispy Kreme isn't really HORRIBLE, but if I'm going to have a donut, then I'm going to Titus Bakery for some Pershings or Bismarcks. But, that's in Indiana, and I'm in Texas... so...
    Round Rock Donuts. Though, depending on where you are in Texas, Indiana might still be closer.

Or TopPot if you're in DFW (originally from Seattle or Portland, I hear they're really good but have not had them myself). Hypnotic if interesting flavors are your thing. The habanero and passionfruit glaze is really good, though the actual donut was just fine.

FWIW, I hate DD and KK. I wish the doughnut shop I used to go to as a kid was still open. A little mom and pop place - loved their buttermilk spice cake donuts. No glaze needed.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Most of DD's donuts are not cake donuts.

Well, I've only been a couple of times, so maybe I just got the wrong ones. But they aren't the nice air-filled warm ones like Krispy Kreme. I don't even think they make them in the store at DD? You don't see any machinery like you do at KK.

They used to make Dunkin Donuts in each store all day long and they were awesome. Warm and yummy. Nothing like a fresh donut. Now they're trucked in from some central factory and the quality has suffered tremendously. DD's re-imaged itself back in the late 90s from primarily being a donut shop to being a coffee shop that also sells breakfast sandwiches and pastries - East Coast Starbucks essentially.

http://business.time.com/2013/06/26/dont-call-dunkin-donuts-a-donut-company/
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Only 200? ONLY?!

That's 1/6 of my whole day. That leaves me only 1000 calories in which to cram all the vitamins and minerals I need, which is dang hard to do with 1200.

Only.

Kalikel you are too funny :D it's one day, one exception, one tiny and beautiful day, the op said it itself, only 200 cals for that glorious KK glaze doughnut.

But just to make it clear as possible , those who do make those type of decision, and fit wine, ice cream or doughnut there's a high possibility that are not too concern about their micros for that moment/day.. you eat for you health and you eat for your soul <3 ; both are equally important necessity to cover , so no need to envy , I don't get all my micros when I eat KK . :)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    If you're in Orlando, Bakery Plus on East Michigan. It's cash only, but their Boston creme is art.

Donuts. I really miss donuts!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

l.jpg

So beautiful!!!

They serve them at the minor league ballpark here, we went to a game last Saturday and I was going to get one but they looked like they'd been sitting under the heat lamp too long. We made them one day at work with the leftover Krispy Kremes that someone had brought in for a birthday, took them down to the cafeteria after the lunch rush was over and asked if they wanted to build us a bacon cheeseburger - they loved it - we gave the cooks all their own burgers. They were tasty, but I couldn't even eat half a burger.

The Grizzlies games - hellz yeah! I'm from Waterloo, IL and very familiar with these.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    There are very few things that unite mankind...and donuts, clearly, are one.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

l.jpg

So beautiful!!!

The Grizzlies games - hellz yeah! I'm from Waterloo, IL and very familiar with these.

Indeed! I opted for buffalo chicken nachos instead of the KK cheeseburger this time... I love the Grizzlies games - cheap tickets, cheap food, cheap beer - compared to MLB anyways!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    Only 200? ONLY?!

Only.

Kalikel you are too funny :D it's one day, one exception, one tiny and beautiful day, the op said it itself, only 200 cals for that glorious KK glaze doughnut.

But just to make it clear as possible , those who do make those type of decision, and fit wine, ice cream or doughnut there's a high possibility that are not too concern about their micros for that moment/day.. you eat for you health and you eat for your soul <3 ; both are equally important necessity to cover , so no need to envy , I don't get all my micros when I eat KK . :)
    I rarely get all my micros, even skipping the KKs. They are delightful and I love donuts, too. I don't eat them, but I do think they're one of the tastiest treats on Earth.

I'm not slamming the OP. I just had to comment on the "only" thing because it's a little depressing to read when you're limited to 1200, as I'm sure the OP remembers. :)