• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    karyabc wrote: »
    Only 200? ONLY?!
    I'm not slamming the OP. I just had to comment on the "only" thing because it's a little depressing to read when you're limited to 1200, as I'm sure the OP remembers. :)

Huh?
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love krispy kreme! Gonna have to go get me some after reading this post
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Only 200? ONLY?!

That's 1/6 of my whole day. That leaves me only 1000 calories in which to cram all the vitamins and minerals I need, which is dang hard to do with 1200.

Only.

I envy anyone who can blow 200 calories and still get all their many micros.

Kalikel you are too funny :D it's one day, one exception, one tiny and beautiful day, the op said it itself, only 200 cals for that glorious KK glaze doughnut.

But just to make it clear as possible , those who do make those type of decision, and fit wine, ice cream or doughnut there's a high possibility that are not too concern about their micros for that moment/day.. you eat for you health and you eat for your soul <3 ; both are equally important necessity to cover , so no need to envy , I don't get all my micros when I eat KK . :)
    I rarely get all my micros, even skipping the KKs. They are delightful and I love donuts, too. I don't eat them, but I do think they're one of the tastiest treats on Earth.

I'm not slamming the OP. I just had to comment on the "only" thing because it's a little depressing to read when you're limited to 1200, as I'm sure the OP remembers. :)

I know you're not slamming the op, but I just had to comment cause somehow I imagine your face while reading your post of onlyyyy 200 cals!!! and LMAO :D it made my day !
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Cannot do bacon and sweets. Just can't.

My contribution (from local donut shop)

DSC_1974_zps0bbun0fo.jpg

Those look a little light on the frosting, other than the sprinkle ones... That's one of my chief complaints about DD too, if I order a doughnut, I want full frosting coverage!

Exactly correct, which is why DD is a turn off; for me. I remember every bite was full of frosting and/or cream. A Boston Cream & a Bavarian Cream donut, would literally defecate cream from the opposite side; of where it was bitten & make a mess & it was so large (height, width & depth), that it couldn't even comfortably be held; with 1 hand. Today to get that same satisfaction, I have to eat around 1st or cut off the frosting less/cream less ends & then devour the few loaded middle bites.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Only 200? ONLY?!

That's 1/6 of my whole day. That leaves me only 1000 calories in which to cram all the vitamins and minerals I need, which is dang hard to do with 1200.

Only.

Kalikel you are too funny :D it's one day, one exception, one tiny and beautiful day, the op said it itself, only 200 cals for that glorious KK glaze doughnut.

But just to make it clear as possible , those who do make those type of decision, and fit wine, ice cream or doughnut there's a high possibility that are not too concern about their micros for that moment/day.. you eat for you health and you eat for your soul <3 ; both are equally important necessity to cover , so no need to envy , I don't get all my micros when I eat KK . :)
    I rarely get all my micros, even skipping the KKs. They are delightful and I love donuts, too. I don't eat them, but I do think they're one of the tastiest treats on Earth.

I know you're not slamming the op, but I just had to comment cause somehow I imagine your face while reading your post of onlyyyy 200 cals!!! and LMAO :D it made my day !
    No problem!

I would love a KK and hope the OP enjoyed enough for me, too. :)
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Only 200? ONLY?!

Only.

No problem!

I had only 1, but if sharing weren't a thing adults had to do..I might have had more, lol.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Listen people.....as an upstate New Englander type person....I feel that I can't let a donut thread go without a discussion of the best kind of donut ever. It's a fresh, warm cider donut. Oh my gawd!!!!

This is true.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Listen people.....as an upstate New Englander type person....I feel that I can't let a donut thread go without a discussion of the best kind of donut ever. It's a fresh, warm cider donut. Oh my gawd!!!!

I usually only have them once a year when I go apple picking....and walking all along those apple trees burns off at least 7.8% of those pesky donuts. So warm. So sugary. So made of absolute HEAVEN!!!

Apple_cider_doughnuts.jpg

I got a dozen cider donuts when I was in Vermont a couple weeks ago. So delicious.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I usually only have them once a year when I go apple picking....and walking all along those apple trees burns off at least 7.8% of those pesky donuts. So warm. So sugary. So made of absolute HEAVEN!!!

Not even just upstate New Englanders...I concur as a midwesterner.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Only 200? ONLY?!

Only.

No problem!

I had only 1, but if sharing weren't a thing adults had to do..I might have had more, lol.

Adults don't have to share. As an adult, I do what I want (barring legalities).
    funny-gizmo0cat-dont-touch-hazelnut-animated-gif-pics.gif?w=294&h=167
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I want a donut!!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Here where I live in VA the Apple Butter Cinnamon donuts are a pretty big thing and a pride of the Shenandoah area. There's a tourist gift shop nearby that serves them hot and fresh. They look very similar to cider donuts. I'm ashamed to say I've had a grand total of 1 apple butter donut in the 10 years I've lived here. I'm a bad local.
    The donut I had was excellent, though, and the shop is so fragrant of sugar and spice, like the holidays.
  • momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I can't believe four pages of comments and no one has posted this:

l.jpg

So beautiful!!!

They serve them at the minor league ballpark here, we went to a game last Saturday and I was going to get one but they looked like they'd been sitting under the heat lamp too long. We made them one day at work with the leftover Krispy Kremes that someone had brought in for a birthday, took them down to the cafeteria after the lunch rush was over and asked if they wanted to build us a bacon cheeseburger - they loved it - we gave the cooks all their own burgers. They were tasty, but I couldn't even eat half a burger.

Lol omg that just reminded me of eating a KK doughnut cheeseburger at the fair a couple years ago so good but so bad for you lol
    the only thing better was when I worked for Starbucks my boss and I warmed up an old fashioned doughnut and put the bacon, egg, and gouda of a bacon gouda sandwich inside. It was wrong how good it was lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Yeah I hear you. There's a farm here that makes them too and they are fantastic.

th?id=JN.rtugor8C%2fTPnoBmWdTflgw&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    absolutely to each their own :) I don't know that I'd want to go over my sugar intake on 1 donut BUT that's me :) Happy Wednesday everyone
  • Staceyblewin
    Staceyblewin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love their Mini glazed. 90 calories for one and it meets my sweet tooth.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Ahhh donuts! They're not my biggest weakness, but I sure do like one every now and then!

But don't give me KK or DD. I don't want to waste any calories on those! I want one from the local shop (within walking distance of my house!). They've been voted best in my city. When I get ready to sell my house, I will advertise my proximity to Gibsons Donuts as a selling point!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    Ahhh donuts! They're not my biggest weakness, but I sure do like one every now and then!

But don't give me KK or DD. I don't want to waste any calories on those! I want one from the local shop (within walking distance of my house!). They've been voted best in my city. When I get ready to sell my house, I will advertise my proximity to Gibsons Donuts as a selling point!

Great Idea, you should be a Realtor!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I live within three miles of three apple orchards/farms with U-Pick in New Hampshire. One of them cooks up fresh cider donuts every few days and announces when they're ready on Facebook. I've had them a few times - sooooooo good. :smiley: