9/2 3.35
    9/3 rest
    9/4 3.16
    9/5 life day
    9/6 6.19
    9/7 a "I'm too darned lazy to move a muscle" day
    9/8 snokeling 3 hours
    9/9 3.15
    9/10 3.34 and 2.45 hours snorkeling (couldn't pass up the chance to go on my last day off for awhile.....) and am so glad I did-Turtles and Eels and Squid! Oh MY!
    LuhO-v.gif

Total 22.70

Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    sorry, duplicating to add the ticker!

@mwyvr absolutely, every one here is outstanding and all of you inspire. those shouts were only singling out people doing runs i wish for! but yes, all are absolutely amazing and inspiring!

9/1 rest day -- elliptical
    9/2 4.2 miles -- wasn't that easy for some reason, but done!
    9/3 rest day -- elliptical
    9/4 3.17 miles -- that was probably the most difficult run since I've started seven weeks ago. The humidity was so defeating and soul crushing!
    9/5 rest day--too hot/humid, elliptical
    9/6 rest day--too hot/humid, elliptical
    9/7 3.32--running again!
    9/8 rest day -- no workout
    9/9 3.52
    9/10 2 -- decided to run two days in a row for first time

16.21/50

exercise.png

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    @snha It might have got lost in translation but what I meant is that everyone, you and every member old or new, no matter where they are at in their running journey, makes this group the fun and inspiring place it is.

• dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi guys not great today. Set off on my usual 4 mile run. After 1 mile ended up walking again. I really don't know why I'm finding it so difficult to get back into the groove. Going to rest for the weekend restart on Monday! Happy weekend fellow walkers / runners ☺☺
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    01/9 12 miles
    02/9 12 miles
    03/9 10k
    04/9 12 miles
    05/9 10k
    06/9 34.1k
    07/9 10k
    08/9 20k
    09/9 20k
    10/9 10k
    11/9 20k

195km/400

super sky with very bright stars this morning, and not so chilly
    already broken my head lamp, so now is a portable lamp :lol:
    looking forward to 5pm, then usual 1 1/2 hour commuting (sigh) and finally nice walk with dogs in the fields, should be decent weather later today
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Forgot to mention that Leukotape is working well for me. Sticky enough that it doesn't move around the bottom of my foot even when wearing my barefoot runners, but didn't rip off the dead skin from the last blisters. Looks like a keeper for prevention, going to roll up a small amount to carry in my water bottle packs and fannies.
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options

exercise.png

10km this morning

• ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    30 mile goal

9/2/ 1.8
    9/4 1.5
    9/6 3.7
    9/8 2
    9/10 2.2

18.8 miles to go!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    everyones doing brilliantly, i still come in and read everybodys run logs, great effort each and every one of you
    love the snorkling video, we love fish in my house, we go to fish shops and marine aquariums most weekends

after 11 attempts the hospital finally managed to get bloods out of me to compare the bhcg number to that taken on saturday night/sunday morning and its quadrupled so im apparently still pregnant but even with a scan they failed to find out where so im to go back in a week and a half to see if they can see unless the bleeding gets worse or i get pain

im not cleared for anything more than short walks for a while so ill be putting the running kit away for a while
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Beautiful morning at 4:30am ... or as Endomondo calls it my "nighttime run". Anyway, sky was clear and could see lots of stars which hasn't happened in a while. I just kept looking up at the sky waiting for a falling star. Even though it was very humid and hot, I felt great and didn't walk at all - other than my usual .35 warm up in mile one.

Got a 34 mile bike ride tomorrow and then a charity ride for 62 on Sunday. So won't be running until next week sometime. 3 weeks until HM :grimace:

9/1 - 5.25 miles
    9/2 - 3.55 miles
    9/3 - strength training + cycling class
    9/4 - rest
    9/5 - 34 mile bike ride
    9/6 - 12.82 mile run.
    9/7 - 36 mile bike ride
    9/8 - rest
    9/9 - 5.06 miles + strength training
    9/10 - cycling class
    9/11 - 6.02 miles + strength training

exercise.png
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    @snha It might have got lost in translation but what I meant is that everyone, you and every member old or new, no matter where they are at in their running journey, makes this group the fun and inspiring place it is.

^ 'zactly! I get as much enjoyment and inspiration from reading a post from a new runner excited about pounding out their first full mile as I do from one of the old horses putting in another 16 miles.

And @mwyvr, I'm glad to hear that Leukotape is working out. For anyone wondering, I discovered Leukotape several months ago after I came back from a 14 mile hike with a huge blister on my heel. I looked up ways to prevent blisters and protect tender skin and I found several sites discussing the use of this tape. I bought a 15 yard roll on Amazone for under $10 and it should last a quite a while. It's advantages are that it sticks very well, even after sweating all day, yet pulls off without leaving residue. It also molds very well to your feet. You'll need to use a scissors or knife to cut it because it doesn't tear easy. I'd post a link but the last time I did I was flagged for spamming (wth!?!). I had a tender spot on my heal last week and used some during my 13 mile run, forgot about it and ended up not taking it off until I went to bed. It wasn't even curling up at the edges. Good stuff. My wife now uses it when she's breaking in a new pair of shoes, which unfortunately happens more than I'd like.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for September

9/1 10.5 miles - 10.5
    9/2 6.6 miles - 17.1
    9/3 9.5 miles - 26.6
    9/4 6.85 miles - 33.45
    9/5 20 miles - 53.45
    9/6 REST DAY
    9/7 10.4 miles - 63.95
    9/8 10.25 miles - 74.2
    9/9 7 miles - 81.2
    9/10 10 miles - 91.2
    9/11 6.5 miles - 97.7

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 3.5 miles - way too many pushes on the snooze this morning! :smiley:
    9/2 - rest day walked the doggie instead
    9/3 - 5.1 miles
    9/4 - 10 miles last 2 were HOT HUMID and MISERABLE LOL
    9/5 - rest day - cross country meet - Skip did great 24th in her division 23:37 no where near a PR but it was so hot and humid you could hardly stand to be out there to watch let alone run. Proud of my girl.
    9/6 - 5.1 miles
    9/7 - 5.2 miles of trail running - OMG we had so much fun!!! Skip wanted to practice trail running for her meets and folks gave me some great recommendations of trails to run. We went out this morning and had a blast. The first trail was marked as easy/difficult so it was some easy packed dirt and some gravel with harder roots and rocks to climb. The second was difficult and some parts were about 2' wide and quite a climb (for me LOL). We loved it!
    9/8 - 5.1 miles
    9/9 - 5.5 miles
    9/10 - 7.2 miles nice slow pace this morning, just wanted to get the miles in. Still pretty humid (97%) but the temp was 69 so it was nice. Annoying little doggie chased me this morning and nipped at my heels, honestly people it's dark out keep your doggies inside so they don't get run over.
    9/11 - 5.3 miles - cool 64 but humid 100% morning, but nice weather for a run

52 of 120 miles

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 great run this morning, sounds like a full weekend of cycling, enjoy. You are so ready for the HM, is D ready?
    @whatmerunning I had to laugh at your drop in temp after the ran. I went out one day and it started to pour like you said and honestly the temp dropped 20 degrees in like 5 minutes, from 70 to 50. I got home soaked and I walked in the house shaking I was so cold and Skip (laying on the couch) says "hey you're wet, I bet that feels great". I wanted to punch her LOL It was all I could do to get in a hot shower.
    @7lenny7 enjoy the visit with your daughter
    @snha how did the 2 days in a row feel? Awesome job!
    @endlessenigma great job getting out there in the rain, I'm not a fan of the rain myself and as long as it's not cold I push myself to go and run...unless it's pouring then all bets are off
    @mwyvr LOL I'm sure you won't be last in your 25km, that is always my worst fear that I'll be last. But they get the biggest cheers
    @honunui awesome video, I'm so jealous
    @dawniemate good idea taking the weekend off, sometimes we just need to give ourselves a little vacation to get back on track
    @patrikc333 how did you break your head lamp?
    @raqayyahsmum so many prayers coming your way.

Anyone racing this weekend?? Good luck!!

Skip has a meet tomorrow, it's a big one over 100 teams. I actually HATE this meet, on one hand it's so big which is cool because the best of the best is there, but so big that it's chaos. Usually about 350 girls will run Varsity. Schools have to split their Varsity into 2 divisions A and B because they are too many runners for the course. Skip has never run this meet before, first time she was in a boot and the second time her achilles was acting up and the training wouldn't release her to run. If she PR'd (under 22:34) she would still finish around 100th based on last year's times. Afterwards we are heading off to the lake with some friends for the weekend. I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably take both days as rest day.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    September Running Challenge

Goal: 80
    So far: 31
    To Go: 49

I must say I thoroughly enjoy this group, it keeps me accountable and focused on goal.

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    9/1 - rest day
    9/2 - 5.2 miles treadmill "hill" workout with HM training group
    9/3 - 4.5 miles around the 'hood...heat and humidity is back 74° and sticky at 5:30 a.m.
    9/4 - 4 miles in the humidity...pretty good pace today
    9/5 - 8.2 mi with HM training group...tough, ended with a 1/2 mile hill...twice.
    9/6 - unplanned rest day
    9/7 - 5.76 miles of intervals with HM group
    9/8 - 4 miles in drippy, sprinkly and still humid weather...where is fall?
    9/9 - 4.5 miles, super comfortable. 64° and lower humidity...yay!
    9/10 - 5 miles treadmill/trek class...super sweaty
    9/11 - 4.4 miles...beautiful, cool morning...went downhill a bit after the run, though. Car issue.

exercise.png

@JoRocka - I've had more than a few runs end that way...
    @snha - way to hit it hard! You're off to a fantastic start!
    @raqayyahsmum - wow...praying for you!
    @skippygirlsmom - big sports events like that are definitely hectic...enjoy the chaos and the peace at the lake afterwards!
  • vonntaylor
    vonntaylor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1/9 2.61k
    3/9 5.01k
    6/9 5.00 k
    8/9 5.01k - fastest 5K to date
    11/9 4.82k - first 5K with big hills. It hurt. Lots.

Total 22.45/60
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    9/11 -- 2.00mi

21/60mi complete
    Might have overestimated my goal but I'm going to try anyway.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    After Wednesday's run I was feeling really discouraged about how running just hasn't been feeling right lately. I was feeling some heel discomfort when I was just walking around yesterday so I decided to go to the running shoe store and see if maybe my gait had changed or something and maybe it has been my shoes that have been making running difficult lately. I had been running in Saucony Omni's so the lady that fitted me brought out some lighter stability shoes and I picked the Newton Kismets. I ran in them today and am so glad I picked them. Everything felt great. I was worried it would take some time to get used to the bottom of the shoes since they have a part that makes it so I am landing on my midfoot (another reason why I picked those shoes) but I just walked in them a bit before hand and they were great. Hopefully I can make up for some lost time next week and everything will still feel good.
    exercise.png
  • Nettiejb
    Nettiejb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After aiming for 90 miles in August and hitting 104...I am aiming for 110 in September. .I have done 40 miles so far this month, and my next run will be on Sunday when I complete my first half marathon! I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time ☺

Happy running fellow runners. .may the road stretch out ahead of you and the sun shine down to light your way on your super epic journey of discovery of the world around you and the spirit within you