Couch to 5k...start today?

Options

Replies

• Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to bow out of this competition. I just do not have the time right now. It's finals week for me, and I am scrambling to get everything turned in and completed on time. I am going to start over once I get past all of this homework. Best of luck to all of you!

Aw that sucks but glad that you are on my friends list now! Finals are always so stressful, I've got another two weeks left in school before any sort of break.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    W2D2 today -- had every intention of going yesterday, but first day of my period cramps overtook me. (Sorry guys). But today--its on!
  • phillytle
    phillytle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    W2D3 tonight. I hope it's a little easier than D2 was, because that was pretty tough by the end of the last run.
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    W2D2 completed, D3 due either Sat or Sun,
    Killed me today, but last few runs its been cooler, today was well warm!
    Well done all you still at it!! :D
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    W2D2 complete, D3 sat or sunday. Actually starting to enjoy this a little.

My 6 year old daughter ran with me today, so we walked slower, but it was worth it. =)
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started W1D1 yesterday :smile:

I first used C25K about 3 years ago, and the first day nearly killed me! I've had a two year break due to pregnancy and then not having enough time to run whilst looking after my daughter - but I've decided that I'll make time, it's important for my health. However, it might be a bit sporadic as I also work full time and commute for 1.5hrs a day, but I'm determined to do at least 2 runs a week.

I'm surprised that i didnt find run 1 to be harder, I suppose that carting a 24lb toddler around has kept me fitter than I thought! I ened up adding a few minutes on the end as I was far from home when the app finished, so I ended up going 3miles in a little over 40 minutes.

Looking forward to run 2 (although my thighs are seriously aching today!)
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    completed w2d2 yesterday Felt really good
  • Ahzuri
    Options
    Ok so I'm apparently not going to the gym this week (I hate that the gym membership isn't in my name!) but I am STILL going to do this I am just going to be a week behind all of you! Which is fine but I am not giving up!
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been out of touch lately....crazy busy week and I can't wait for it to get back to normal!! I'm not 100% sure but I think I've also gained this week too :(
    I still haven't completed week 2 and might have to over lap it with week 3 next week but I'm going to get it done. I want to RUN!! :)
    Have a great weekend peoples!! :happy:
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 completed yesterday -- I was feeling kind of sluggish. So I actually bumped up my running speed (on treadmill) from 5.5 to 5.6 -- and that did the trick! I think maybe I wasn't in time to my music so it was hard being all mismatched. W2D3 tonight! LIttle nervous about a weigh in on Sunday morning...had a bit of fatty food yesterday (though still under calorie goal).

Did our spreadhseet ever get posted for last week!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am going to start over on Sunday, Week 1, Day one Sunday. Then most likely Monday and Friday. I'll try it at the gym on the treadmill so I have a little more control over my speed and don't try to full on RUN my first day (again). :-)
  • Ahzuri
    Options
    I am going to start over on Sunday, Week 1, Day one Sunday. Then most likely Monday and Friday. I'll try it at the gym on the treadmill so I have a little more control over my speed and don't try to full on RUN my first day (again). :-)

Welcome back! I'm glad that you decided to join us again :) It doesn't matter if you can't keep up with everyone some of us will have to repeat weeks and some of us (like me) have to postpone a week but this is still a journey we can all do together and support one another!
  • forgiven4life
    Options

Welcome back! I'm glad that you decided to join us again :) It doesn't matter if you can't keep up with everyone some of us will have to repeat weeks and some of us (like me) have to postpone a week but this is still a journey we can all do together and support one another!

Speaking of postponing a week, that is going to be me too. I was scheduled to do W2D2 yesterday, but I came down with some nasty sinus junk and don't feel up to running this week. I'm hoping next week I will start to feel better and I can get back on track.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    W2 D3 done!! Kind of weird... it was wayyyy too hot to run outside like normal today (85 and with the heat index it's almost 90 O_O) so I decided to run on the treadmill for the first time.

What. A. Difference.
    Why is it so much easier on the treadmill? Maybe I'm going too fast outside? I don't think so, cause I feel like a snail haha. The last two days of week 2 were SO hard I barely made it through.. and then day 3 on the treadmill, I got running up to a speed of 6.5 and was hardly winded by the end. Very. Weird.
    Does anyone else experience this too? The only thing I can think of is that running outside is different because you actually propel yourself forward, and on the treadmill you're pretty much staying in the same place.

I did get a lovely dripping sweat going on though. Still a fantastic workout. :)
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Off to do Day 3 today. Strange, but I found week 2 way easier than week 1. I must say I do run like a snail/turtle/sloth, but it still feels good!
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    W2 D3 done!! Kind of weird... it was wayyyy too hot to run outside like normal today (85 and with the heat index it's almost 90 O_O) so I decided to run on the treadmill for the first time.

What. A. Difference.
    Why is it so much easier on the treadmill? Maybe I'm going too fast outside? I don't think so, cause I feel like a snail haha. The last two days of week 2 were SO hard I barely made it through.. and then day 3 on the treadmill, I got running up to a speed of 6.5 and was hardly winded by the end. Very. Weird.
    Does anyone else experience this too? The only thing I can think of is that running outside is different because you actually propel yourself forward, and on the treadmill you're pretty much staying in the same place.

I did get a lovely dripping sweat going on though. Still a fantastic workout. :)

i find it much easier on the treadmill, too! i like knowing that i'm going the same speed for each walk/jog where as if i'm outside, i'm not very good at knowing for sure.
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    hey c25kers! things have been so crazy for me these past couple days. sorry i completely forgot to post the week 1 spreadsheet! :x things should be returning back to normal, though! so week 2's should be posted right after i get it from ash. so! this is WEEK 1 (last weeks) spreadsheet. if you haven't emailed your week 2 info to c25kteam@gmail.com do that asap so ash can get the next sheet put together!

in your email remember to include-
    username
    starting weight (for the week)
    ending weight (for the week)
    days of c25k completed (for the week)

keep up the great work everyone!!

AzVQY.png
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Hey everybody! GREAT JOB THIS WEEK!!! I'm so proud of everyone! I haven't done week 2 as I hurt my hips about 3.5 years ago and they were acting up really badly this week. So I took the whole week off from excercise which probably wasn't good for C25K progress, but that's ok. My body was telling me I needed to rest. SO, I'm looking forward to starting again tomorrow! Is anyone repeating week 2? Again, I can't stress enough how proud I am of everyone!! Great work!! :)
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options

Speaking of postponing a week, that is going to be me too. I was scheduled to do W2D2 yesterday, but I came down with some nasty sinus junk and don't feel up to running this week. I'm hoping next week I will start to feel better and I can get back on track.

Welcome back LosingIt!!! Feel better Brandy!!!
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    I did w2d3 yesterday, felt ok, i wonder if I'm going to be nervous about the next week at the end of every week? lol.

I'm having a hard time burning the amount of calories i want to burn now that I started this - I don't feel like doing stuff with my legs on the c25k off days, and I don't have a gym membership...should I suck it up and walk on the off days, or maybe just walk another 30 minutes after I finish the c25k intervals, and keep the rest days for non-cardio exercise?