Couch to 5k...start today?

Replies

• anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 810 Member
    Day 1 - I hope it gets easier. :blushing: I was praying for the walking breaks to catch my breath. I am really out of shape. Will see how Day 2 goes tomorrow. Good luck everyone.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Just wondering...my C25K days so far are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I want to do cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I know that I'm supposed to give my legs a break between C25K workouts. Would going on an elliptical on Tuesdays and Thursdays do me more harm then good???

You should lift weights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Too much cardio is bad for you, you're going to lose weight in the form of muscle instead of fat. Protect the muscle by using it so you lose the fat instead.

Should you do a small full body work out then? Me and my husband go to the gym 4 days a week and he works out muscle groups each day so if I lift with him I'll be working on the same muscle group each time but he thinks that working out the full body would be a bad idea because they would all be trying to repair at once and would have a harder time doing that but I only do strength training 1 of the days a week now.
  • Ahzuri
    Day 1 - I hope it gets easier. :blushing: I was praying for the walking breaks to catch my breath. I am really out of shape. Will see how Day 2 goes tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

I just kept counting down " Only 1 more minute" "Only 30 seconds YOU CAN DO THIS" the entire time I was jogging because it was sooo hard!
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Keep up the good work everyone you are all doing AMAZING!! cant wait to see all our results! x
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    I started this week as well. On sunday :]
    Feel free to add me. I'd love to talk about it with you and try to compare results =D
  • forgiven4life
    forgiven4life Posts: 451
    Day 2 scheduled for today. Haven't decided if it's going to be a treadmill day or an outside day. It is supposed to be really hot today.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I'm halfway through week 5 right now. I'm in love with this program.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Ughhhh. It is nasty and rainy outside.... and my fibro hates me. I might attempt day two, but I don't know if its worth it to go balls to the walls and risk making myself miserable.

We'll see how I'm feeling in a bit. Right now I just wanna crawl under a rock.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    I did W1D2 yesterday...a little bit more challenging that Day 1 but I beleive because I did 10 minuets of cycling and 20 minute upperbody beforehand.

I am sort of contemplating donig 4 days this week. I am going to my parents for the Holiday Weekend and I'm afraid being away will get the best of me.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Oh yeah, and a little sore today---but I feel so good!
  • Ahzuri
    I started this week as well. On sunday :]
    Feel free to add me. I'd love to talk about it with you and try to compare results =D

I am amused by your Forever a Scone signature
  • Losingitin2011
    Got my running clothes on... double bra is not comfy, but neither is having my ta-tas flop everywhere when running. Waiting on pain meds to kick in, then I'm off to at least attempt Day 2. Does it still count if I end up having to walk a lot of it?
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Got my running clothes on... double bra is not comfy, but neither is having my ta-tas flop everywhere when running. Waiting on pain meds to kick in, then I'm off to at least attempt Day 2. Does it still count if I end up having to walk a lot of it?

I say go at your own pace. You don't want to hurt yourself just for the benefit of others. Good luck!
  • Ahzuri

Go your own pace! You don't have to sprint or anything for the jogging time for it to count :) Good luck I know you can do this!
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152

I struggled through day 1 and did a lot of speed walking rather than jogging. I was so out of breath! but day 2 was much better! Just remember not to start off too quickly because you'll run out of steam fast! Stick with it, you can do it!
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Guys, I am so, so excited and proud! We have 18 people committed to our group at this very moment! We're great!
    My thoughts:
    *Losingit- I'm envious you have to wear two bras...donate some to me!
    dontstopnow- You are so positive; I love having you in this group!
    kate- I read that even if you want to go more, you should only stick to the 3 days. You don't want to overdo anything right now and then your upcoming weeks aren't as great as they could be!
    Keep it up runners!!

Also, I told a really great, supportive coworker that I was doing the c25k. She decided to start it, too! As inspiration, she bought me this shirt and brought it to school today (how fun):
    http://shopping.aol.com/running-sucks-womens-tee-pink-477678-699/867230757
  • Ahzuri
    Guys, I am so, so excited and proud! We have 18 people committed to our group at this very moment! We're great!
    My thoughts:
    kate- I read that even if you want to go more, you should only stick to the 3 days. You don't want to overdo anything right now and then your upcoming weeks aren't as great as they could be!
    Keep it up runners!!

Also, I told a really great, supportive coworker that I was doing the c25k. She decided to start it, too! As inspiration, she bought me this shirt and brought it to school today (how fun):

That is awesome about your co-worker and wow 18 people!
  • Losingitin2011
    I did W1D2 today. I tried jogging it and only got through 3 intervals before my knees started giving out on me, so I walked the rest and did an additional 35 minutes of brisk walking to help make up for it. I figure, even if I'm walking and not running, I'm working hard and doing more than I did before!

@Aash: LOL I get that A LOT. I used to be tiny up top and I truly miss it now. Having to buy L and XL shirts simply because of my girls is a pain in the rump! I can't wait for them to go down so I can get cute shirts again without looking like I'm gonna pop out of them

As for new bras, it'll have to wait until we've got income coming in. Right now there is next to no income, and lots of things that cost money :-S I cannot WAIT to graduate and have hubby get back to working again! He misses it!
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    I'm GAME! I've never been a runner, but always wanted to be. It sounds like a lot of fun, I'll download it to my iPod touch tonight. So, do we just follow the app program and weigh in weekly? I've never done one of the MFP groups or challenges. This is SO exciting! :flowerforyou:
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    My thoughts:
    Keep it up runners!!

oh my gosh 18 people! i am so stoked, that is awesome!! and aww that made me smile so big, thank you <3 (: i love being a part of the group! it's the first one i've attempted and i'm so glad i saw it. so thanks for making it!

ps- fun shirt, love it!
This discussion has been closed.