Couch to 5k...start today?

Options

Replies

• Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    Options
    I've been seeing this program a lot and literally just downloaded the app. This might be what I need.

I'm in!
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just finished the W1D1 while listening to the Podrunner podcast for it. All cued up Thursday night as day 2 before Zumba at the gym.

I hate treadmills, so I prefer running on the track. Having said that, I will have to get outside to do one run on the weekend (at the cottage) it should be interesting!!!
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too. I downloaded the app a month or two ago and started it but didn't finish it. I need a variety, because I get bored easily. My maybe some motivation from other and accountability will help me. :-) Good Luck!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    OK, thinking this may be the way for me to loose weight now.
    Tried other cardio things but not succesful.

Always fancied jogging but very self conscious and dont wanna be SEEN jogging. Do you guys jog outside or on Treadmills??

I wish that I had the attention span to jog outside--maybe when my body's looking a little better and my endurance is up to be doing it in the 95+ degree Texas summers. I actually really enjoy the treadmill because the timer is right there in front of me and and I push myself way harder--for example, I had gotten 30 seconds off today, somehow---so I ended up wth 2 minutes of run before the cool down walk. So I sped it up a couple notches from my running paced and burned it out at the end.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm an outdoor runner. When I'm on the treadmill I hyper-extend my knees which puts me out of commission for a week or so. Taking a break from the gym tonight so I can do Day 2 tomorrow. Woo!.
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...my C25K days so far are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I want to do cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I know that I'm supposed to give my legs a break between C25K workouts. Would going on an elliptical on Tuesdays and Thursdays do me more harm then good???
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    DAY TWO TOMORROW!!!! Let's DO this!!!! :happy:
  • Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    Options
    W1D1 complete!!!!

W1D2 Thursday at the park so long as the weather is nice!
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    I actually did W1D1 tonight before I found this thread...It was tougher than I thought, but i was able to complete it. I just used my watch, i need to figure out which app i want to use on my android.

I think w2 will be M-W-Saturday, with brisk walks on tuesday and sunday, but since i started on tuesday this week, I'm shooting Tues-Thurs-Sat.

Would love some adds from others trying to do this and lose weight and be motivated =) I haven't been able to run any distance ever, I was a fat lazy kid who became a fat lazy adult - so I am very excited at the prospect of being able to run an entire mile without stopping, and ecstatic at the thought of 5k...
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing guys, took me ages to find a current c25k group!

I just did my W1D2 today, it was a struggle, I am not a natural runner but have always wanted to run. I decided it was time to really challenge myself and signed up to do a 10K next year .... now I'm paid up and registered I have to do it! I went to get fitted for some good running shoes but I am totally hung up about being seen out running so am getting up at 5:30am to run ughhhhhh

Looking forward to having people to share this with :bigsmile:
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    Completed my D1W1 last night and I have to say I loved it. I didn't feel exhausted after it and cannot wait for it to be stepped up a bit more next week. Bear in mind before two weeks ago the last time I exercised was 5 years ago so I am not fit it any way and have asthma so C25K
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    Completed my D1W1 last night and I have to say I loved it. I didn't feel exhausted after it and cannot wait for it to be stepped up a bit more next week. Bear in mind before two weeks ago the last time I exercised was 5 years ago so I am not fit it any way and have asthma so C25K is a great app and cannot wait to see if it makes me a runner :)
  • curlyelm
    curlyelm Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi everyone, you all sound like you are doing fab.

I am starting next Tuesday so will join you guys if thats ok?

Ems
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...my C25K days so far are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I want to do cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I know that I'm supposed to give my legs a break between C25K workouts. Would going on an elliptical on Tuesdays and Thursdays do me more harm then good???

You should lift weights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Too much cardio is bad for you, you're going to lose weight in the form of muscle instead of fat. Protect the muscle by using it so you lose the fat instead.
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    W1 D2 done! :happy:
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    B4 finding this post..I started C25K yesterday(Tuesday,5/24)...so I am up for the challenge...I too downloaded an app on my Android...not sure which one it is...dont think I have the one with the voice prompt....I wear a HRM...so I created my own excercise named C25K and jus log the total mins and cals burned under this tab!!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    W1 D2 done! :happy:

Me too!! :happy:

1.92 miles in 30 minutes
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    OK. Completed today.

Never thought I would be able to say that I am enjoying this. No, I will probably never say "I enjoy running." But this - the program which is crafty in getting you up-to-speed - and the support here is what is keeping me on track. So to speak.

Plus, I feel pretty good after running and a shower in the morning.
  • smcguirt
    smcguirt Posts: 11
    Options
    I DID IT! Finished W1D1 and felt really good! Can't wait for my next run!
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options

You should lift weights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Too much cardio is bad for you, you're going to lose weight in the form of muscle instead of fat. Protect the muscle by using it so you lose the fat instead.

Thanks! I did do cardio again yesterday but that was before I seen your post. I'll stick to weights on Tuesdays and Thursdays now! I for sure don't want to lose my muscle.