I MISS CHOCOLATE

Options

Replies

• JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    As I have heard over and over again...this is a life time, not a diet. Don't deprive yourself of something. Fit it in and you can have it. I don't deprive myself of anything. I am losing slowly, just the way I want to.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    i had lots of chocolate yesterday!

and was still under my calories....

Looking at your log you ate under 1200 calories and 35% of those were from chocolate products. Maybe just a one day thing (which won't hurt in the long run) but not something to put out there as a example or something to be proud of.

For the OP. Get your macros and micros from nutrient dense foods. A healthy diet should be 85-90% nutrient dense food, the other 10-15% from sweets (candy, cookies, etc), chips, etc
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I satisfy my chocolate craving with one or two of the individual Dove dark chocolates. -- But, for me chocolate is not something that I crave and then eat too much of. If that's the case for you OP and chocolate you'd need to be careful that it doesn't overtake your daily calories. Otherwise, have just a one or two and enjoy them.

I like those chocolate ice creams that someone posted the photo of but I never keep them in the house because someone else always eats them. ugh. I get like one, then next time I want one they're gone. So I keep my Dove chocolate hidden well. hehe
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate almost every day. I have lost 32lbs. Chocolate is yummy.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Looking at your log you ate under 1200 calories and 35% of those were from chocolate products. Maybe just a one day thing (which won't hurt in the long run) but not something to put out there as a example or something to be proud of.

For the OP. Get your macros and micros from nutrient dense foods. A healthy diet should be 85-90% nutrient dense food, the other 10-15% from sweets (candy, cookies, etc), chips, etc

Why not? Some days you just want chocolate. The other day, I was still full from lunch, so I had a ton of chocolate, just because. Nothing wrong with that.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I probably ate more chocolate when I started losing weight than I do now, I'm just not overly bothered. But it's easy to fit a little into your goal and prevent epic binges on whatever it is your restricting for arbitrary reasons.

And what's wrong with cake!? Flour, eggs, butter, sugar, chocolate. All have something good going for them (aside from the sugar I suppose but I don't subscribe to chocolate being evil). So have the damn cake if it fits your calories! What's the point in me getting fit enough to run for 40 minutes straight if I can't eat something delicious with those precious extra calories!?

Fat isn't bad. Sugar isn't bad. Make it fit and enjoy.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I buy Lily's or Coco Polo, sweetened with Stevia. All the flavor, less calories. And I like dark, so a little goes a long way. I also bought this "Arctic Zone" ice cream. 150-300 calories for the whole pint. I loved it (salted caramel), my friend didn't. They have chocolate. Made with whey protein.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I wasn't aware that chocolate--especially dark chocolate--was "total crap".

+1

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I wasn't aware that chocolate--especially dark chocolate--was "total crap".

Nor that eating some requires you to eat a diet of total crap.

I eat a diet made up of mostly nutrient dense foods, that I think is quite healthy, and I fit in some chocolate quite often.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I buy Lily's or Coco Polo, sweetened with Stevia. All the flavor, less calories. And I like dark, so a little goes a long way. I also bought this "Arctic Zone" ice cream. 150-300 calories for the whole pint. I loved it (salted caramel), my friend didn't. They have chocolate. Made with whey protein.

Hmm.... I've never heard of this kind. I think I need to take a look next time I'm at the store. Can you buy this in a regular grocery? or is it from somewhere like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods? I try to stay away from WF because it's kind of expensive, but I'd make an exception for some salted caramel or chocolate ice cream. :)
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    There are times when I crave chocolatey cakey goodness (like now), and I handle the cravings by baking with protein powder. The recipes I make are usually low calorie with a good balance of protein, fat, and fiber, and they get me through my TOM without setting me back on my goals.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate brownie today- and lots of other 'bad' stuff because I went to a food festival. But I have banked enough calories esrlier in the week to bring me out on top.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I would go nuts for a huge bar of chocolate right now. Or a chocolate cake heated with whipped cream. Nom

Why not weigh a portion out and save the rest for another day?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I don't want the fat content. I'm new at this diet and if I allow dip now I know I'll go nuts. Need to be in the mind frame first.

I would say to work on your relationship with food. No food is good or bad, it's just all food. Besides this, fat in your diet is good for you.

Remember: you have control over food, it does not have control over you. :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »

Where do you get the Lily's and Coco Polo?

Arctic Zone is not tasty at all, in my opinion.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Me either. I love chocolate.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I would go nuts for a huge bar of chocolate right now. Or a chocolate cake heated with whipped cream. Nom

Chocolate is not your enemy :).

If you don't want the fat & extra calories, try a chocolate whey protein smoothie, I use Whole Foods (106 cals per scoop, with 17 grams of Protein), add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder (20 cals. & adds fiber ) with plain, unflavored almond milk (40 cals. per cup). It is good for you and will make you feel great after you have done a hard workout. it always satisfies my need for chocolate when I can't "afford" my other chocolates.

I also add the cocoa to Fage 0 fat yogurt with a touch of agave nectar or honey.

Nothing should be off limits, just work it into your cals. and your macros if you track those as well.

Life is too short to not eat chocolate and drink good wine, or whatever else makes you feel good about living.

• RMCottonRPh
    RMCottonRPh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Buy the "Chocolate Covered Katie" cookbook. Healthy dessert recipes made from real ingredients. And yes, there are chocolate things in it!!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a trigger food, eat the chocolate. If it is a trigger food, then yes, you might consider dropping it entirely. Just remember, there are no "good" or "bad" foods. It's all good, some of it is better than others, but it can all fit into your weight less unless you have a medical condition or it's a trigger food. Only you can figure out what works for you, but give yourself a chance and don't write off any foods without a fair shot at moderating it.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Why not? Some days you just want chocolate. The other day, I was still full from lunch, so I had a ton of chocolate, just because. Nothing wrong with that.

Did you read all of my post, including this part:

IMO it's not helping the OP to put stuff out giving the impression that people are eating a high % of their calories from of chocolate, on a regular basis, ignoring nutritionally dense food and that is fine.