Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Replies

• nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Not feeling a 100% today so I broke out one of my pre-packed lunchbox for dinner instead. Chicken chop, chips & a little slice of omelette

1e6irtk2zuec.jpg
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    qx61aobi1c4k.jpg

Today's bento:

Pork loin, teriyaki broccoli and carrots, sesame squash and onions, and cantaloupe
  • sagj
    4pwrzzn61vj7.jpg

Today's bento:

Salad with ham, turkey, broccoli, carrots, and squash. Then tomato and avocado, cucumber and cottage cheese with pineapple.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Happy Monday everyone! (or Sunday if it still is when you're reading this)

My Monday bento: Rice, veg and a piece of Albacore tuna that was basted with ponzu sauce whilst I grilled it. Nomnomnom. Approx 500 Cals.
    5nledo2s7htk.jpg
    Since I'm in the middle of eating it right now, I can say that the tuna is delish. My god it feels good to again finally be able to eat normal food without it making me cough....
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Had a bento today. Tried something different, so tried to use shiritake noodles. They were different but need a sauce or something to add flavor. I had leftover carne asada beef (mmm), rainbow carrots and spicy seaweed rice crackers as well. Under 400 calories too.

barc4dvgzzwp.jpg
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Forgot to take a picture of lunch today but I have a picture of the dinner I made last night. Dinner included rice, teriyaki beef with carrot and zucchini, gyoza, cabbage and tomato. There was dumpling sauce in the middle section but its hard to see. Lunch was left overs from dinner

5w4jdd7kzn78.jpg
  • mangrothian
    madiao wrote: »
    Forgot to take a picture of lunch today but I have a picture of the dinner I made last night. Dinner included rice, teriyaki beef with carrot and zucchini, gyoza, cabbage and tomato. There was dumpling sauce in the middle section but its hard to see. Lunch was left overs from dinner
    5w4jdd7kzn78.jpg
    I love the restaurant style bento boxes, but just haven't got around to getting some yet.

Tuesday bento: mini-meatballs cooked with soy sauce and shiitake mushrooms, rice (underneath the meatballs), pickle, tomato and blanched mixed veg. Approx. 560 Cals. I haven't done any mini-meatballs in a while, so I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow (and in two new 320mL mini-bento boxes no less!)
    7sdc3bivsehz.jpg
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    wi57l17k1ja7.jpg

Leftover taco pasta with a dollop of sour cream, banana bread, broccoli, and apple
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Leftover pulled pork that my mom inexplicably had, broccoli and leftover chinese restaurant rice. Odd combo, but it's tasty :blush:

k8s8v7j6cg4h.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    Narcissora wrote: »
    wi57l17k1ja7.jpg

Leftover taco pasta with a dollop of sour cream, banana bread, broccoli, and apple

All this banana bread everywhere makes me want some. I made zucchini bread, but came home to a bunch of walnuts on the floor instead of a nice loaf of bread, as my dogs apparently don't like walnuts and spit them out while they dined like kings.

• sagj
    Leftover pulled pork that my mom inexplicably had, broccoli and leftover chinese restaurant rice. Odd combo, but it's tasty :blush:

k8s8v7j6cg4h.jpg

I love this box, btw :smile: I'm a sucker for anything with a fruit or veggie on it.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    wi57l17k1ja7.jpg

All this banana bread everywhere makes me want some. I made zucchini bread, but came home to a bunch of walnuts on the floor instead of a nice loaf of bread, as my dogs apparently don't like walnuts and spit them out while they dined like kings.

Hahahaha! I had a cat that used to tear into any baked goods that were left out. I don't think she even ate any of it, just liked to tear it apart and play with her "prey"
  • SpecialKitty7
    wi57l17k1ja7.jpg

Hahahaha! I had a cat that used to tear into any baked goods that were left out. I don't think she even ate any of it, just liked to tear it apart and play with her "prey"

I had one that would lick the top "sticky" layer off of cakes or breads. So you're thinking, oh, there's still cake, only to find out he licked the whole top clean. At least I wouldn't be sweeping baked goods up for weeks as I'm sure she had "prey" stuffed everywhere!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    I had a bento at work. However, I did not have my cell phone. D'oh.

It was some rainbow carrots, chicken thigh chopped up in processor, the shiritake noodles and some sriracha to give some flavor. Used my little penguin one this time. It was a short shift so didn't need a lot. None tomorrow though cause I have a short enough shift where I won't take a lunch, then have a day off, so next one is Thursday.
  • madiao
    Tomorrows lunch, rice, kabocha no nimono, broccoli and char sui pork. Got a cute new panda bento too! :smiley:

q4guvf6v173o.jpg
  • mangrothian
    I bought some really nice salmon pieces today on special. yay! They grilled up really nicely.

0h6185ruym3u.jpg

@specialkitty7 Now I want banana bread too. I don't have a kitty anymore, but my last one didn't eat, pull apart or lick baked goods. He would, however, lie on top of anything on the kitchen bench that was warm. You'd either find out by catching him in the act, or finding hair on your cake after you cut a slice. There was also some squished scones on a couple of occasions.
  • nixology
    This was my bento today whacked together from leftover sushi & sashimi

0aehueyhd4l0.jpg
  • madiao
    Mmmm! @nixology that looks drool worthy!
  • nixology
    madiao wrote: »
    Mmmm! @nixology that looks drool worthy!

Thanks! LOL, it was also too big & I ended up having it for an early dinner too
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 902 Member
    I got my cute lil doll bento! ERMAGERD. It's smaller than I thought it'd be, BUT SO CUTE. It's like, the height of a good can of soda. Maybe -slightly- taller. It's absolutely perfect for portion control! Also got lil tiny silicone cups [perfect for size of bento], and decofuri [egg-flavored rice coloring furikake]. Unrelated, but also got my Cardcaptor Sakura posable figure in with them. 8D