Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I got my cute lil doll bento! ERMAGERD. It's smaller than I thought it'd be, BUT SO CUTE. It's like, the height of a good can of soda. Maybe -slightly- taller. It's absolutely perfect for portion control! Also got lil tiny silicone cups [perfect for size of bento], and decofuri [egg-flavored rice coloring furikake]. Unrelated, but also got my Cardcaptor Sakura posable figure in with them. 8D
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    I got my cute lil doll bento! ERMAGERD. It's smaller than I thought it'd be, BUT SO CUTE. It's like, the height of a good can of soda. Maybe -slightly- taller. It's absolutely perfect for portion control! Also got lil tiny silicone cups [perfect for size of bento], and decofuri [egg-flavored rice coloring furikake]. Unrelated, but also got my Cardcaptor Sakura posable figure in with them. 8D

If your new bento is the one I'm thinking, DON'T put it in the dishwasher. I got that one for my daughter last March and 3 or 4 trips through took off most of the paint, except for the hat. The hat is still perfect.

You can actually pack quite a bit in there. I used it to pack her lunch today.

wlk456wvsuqb.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    PixelPuff wrote: »

If your new bento is the one I'm thinking, DON'T put it in the dishwasher. I got that one for my daughter last March and 3 or 4 trips through took off most of the paint, except for the hat. The hat is still perfect.

You can actually pack quite a bit in there. I used it to pack her lunch today.

wlk456wvsuqb.jpg

Oh, what a sweet lunch for a little girl!

• cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    Oh, I never dishwash. xD Forever handwashing. But that's also because I can just wash it at work and keep it with me so I don't gotta run to break room before leavng. xD
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    Today, another boring one. Broccoli, grilled chicken tenderloins, and brown rice. 344 calories.

g21fe2m9h07s.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did a snack one for work in this little container set I got from the dollar store that is shaped like a cupcake. So, picture of the container and with it open to show the snack. Food wise: walnuts, unsalted almonds, habanero bbq almonds, sriracha dried peas and a couple fruit gummies. Also, trying out tiny pic for posting photos instead of right from dropbox as my phone does really big image files.

23mt36s.jpg

14b0yd.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    FINALLY went grocery shopping and have a bento again!! Leftover chicken, veggies, and rice with a side salad. I also grabbed a boiled egg and a plum b/c there's a little less in here than usual & I also waited a little too long for lunch ^_^;;
    6vquv5wg7m5u.jpg
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Spent all night making lunch for my lunchbox ... and the office catered in lunch for a lunch meeting. Head desk. So my lunch box became my dinner. LOL
    t5shvhozszz9.jpg
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Made an at-home bento for my hubbi with what he said he wanted for lunch. Nothing fancy~ wheat sandwich with an array of meats, cheddar and sour cream chips, and some gummy bears totaling ~600 calories altogether. (/ω\)
    6u316vgm8sf3.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    edited September 2015
    Options
    No bento, but I did try to make my salad pretty like @sagj does. Normally, I just toss all the stuff on willy-nilly. No dressing as I don't eat it, but the sunflower seeds on the side did get dumped on and mixed in. I also had to sacrifice a perfectly shaped bear egg (ears and everything) as I was out of egg shaped eggs.

hxnbwzrxey5o.jpg
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just not taking pictures of bentos as they just are not pretty :( Plus been doing soup and simple things, like today was steamed buns. I have been doing dinner boxes too as two night a week husband has late nights. I love everyones bentos!!
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    I had a sammich today with a pickle and a pear as sides. None of my bentos are big enough for a sammich (technically, they're big enough, just not shaped right unless I want to chop it into 20 pieces) so no picture today.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    No bento, but I did try to make my salad pretty like @sagj does. Normally, I just toss all the stuff on willy-nilly. No dressing as I don't eat it, but the sunflower seeds on the side did get dumped on and mixed in. I also had to sacrifice a perfectly shaped bear egg (ears and everything) as I was out of egg shaped eggs.

Bahahaha, no egg shaped eggs. I'm sure yourself from a year ago would have given you a wtf look right then.

No bento for me today. Leftover Nandos peri peri paella from Wednesday night instead. One of the few takeouts I can have without having to run another 5k.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    I don't think of mine as very pretty but I post anyways. Today was food I'd made yesterday in the slow cooker while I was at work. Curry bit that included chicken, onions, colorful sweet potatoes, coconut milk and red curry paste. I kept the chicken separate in the fridge after it was all cooked and added lentils to the liquid-ish portion, plus some peas from what I cooked earlier today. Put that on top of some carrots that were leftover. Plus had baby bel gouda and flowers that were smoked black pepper cheese that house guest had in the fridge (she said I could have some so I gave it a try).

ex2154r2lj67.jpg
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    Can finally add bento pics! From left to right... Celery with PB2 Peanut Butter [45 cal], two low-fat string cheese [100 cal], strawberries [less than 50], miso soup [35]. I also ate a single Reese's Peanut Butter Cup [~100 cal].

22utnyn4713j.jpg
  • skippieone
    skippieone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a sammich today with a pickle and a pear as sides. None of my bentos are big enough for a sammich (technically, they're big enough, just not shaped right unless I want to chop it into 20 pieces) so no picture today.

Delurking to say that I bought 2 of these: Lunch-Pak-Carrier-Reusable-Container just for that purpose!

I love the fact that they have a snap in icepack and that they fit perfectly in my bike bag...this way I can pack a decent lunch/snack for DBF and I when we go on long rides!

• PixieGoddess
    Options
    skippieone wrote: »

Delurking to say that I bought 2 of these: Lunch-Pak-Carrier-Reusable-Container just for that purpose!

I love the fact that they have a snap in icepack and that they fit perfectly in my bike bag...this way I can pack a decent lunch/snack for DBF and I when we go on long rides!

And the whole reason that none of my bentos fit a sammich is b/c I get ones that DO fit in my bag :/ I don't have enough space horizontally to fit a sandwich-sized bento container, so I just use a sandwich bag.
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    BENTO! Leftover shrimp, rice, and asparagus from Red Lobster and a side salad
    yiui7nddpvje.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Today's bento at work had an avocado, beef roast (with onions, jalapeño, and pinto beans) and zucchini. Got some new picks yesterday that my stepsister ordered for me. Sea creatures, so dolphins and a whale. The set includes a penguin that I will have to use some time.

qz807xjgklul.jpg