You look good to me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    ummmm...no...and your split could use some work
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, that makes me feel better. Ended up going to the gym today and getting a good chest pump in today!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    amillenium wrote: »
    I have a rather similar build and wouldn't consider myself muscular but I get comments like this all the time. It makes me uncomfortable and upset...so I totally understand why you wouldn't take it as a compliment. I am actually only doing body weight exercises with the hopes that I will look less "muscle-y"

FWIW, I think you look great! (But completely get how these kinds of comments can get to you)

why would you be upset if someone thought you looked strong?
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    He was teasing you.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    With ninerbuff on this, you look average in terms of lean mass for a female. Take what your co-worker said as a compliment. I think you look great, fit healthy and happy :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do YOU think you're too muscular?

this!!!!!!!
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    ... Hold on. Why are you going to the gym? To make yourself feel better or to impress your co-workers? If it's the latter you're doing it for the wrong reasons.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I fully understand what the OP means.
    No woman wants to hear that they're getting "big"!
    But i do think your co-worker meant it in a complimentary way, as you are very slim & healthy looking.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think he was acknowledging that your hard work at the gym is really beginning to show and it was totally meant as a compliment. Yes, he used "bro" language but hey when a guy uses language that is the same as he would use with a guy it just means he knows you are working as hard and it shows. He doesn't actual think you look like a dude (unless dudes look very different in your part of the woods). If he says you look even stronger in a few months this will be due to progress on your part not rudeness on his part. Of course, if starts flicking you in the *kitten* with a twisted up towel stop him - treating you like a bro does need boundaries ;)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I think your muscles are about normal. But it's a bit hard to tell though. You're flexing in the one pic and nobody wants around flexing all the time.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I fully understand what the OP means.
    No woman wants to hear that they're getting "big"!
    But i do think your co-worker meant it in a complimentary way, as you are very slim & healthy looking.

Not true. I know a lot of women who would love to hear that.

OP you look young, fit and beautiful. Do you like lifting? Do you like feeling strong? Do you like seeing some visible muscle? If you can answer yes to any of these question then who the heck cares what anyone else thinks? I wasted so much time in my teens and twenties caring about the opinion of others, it makes me sad to see other women doing the same. You do you and you can't go wrong.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    He was trying to compliment you. You're reading too much into it, and you sound like you're fishing for compliments.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Hell no! You're looking great!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    defmut3 wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?

caught in a landslide....
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Make your bed!!!
    Someone had to say it...
    Please carry on. :wink:
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    You guys really need to consider the context. The OP lives in Ethiopia.