Cottage cheese ideas

Replies

• DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I like to use it instead of ricotta in baked pasta dishes. Sounds weird, but it's yummy.

I usually do use it in my lasagna recipes:)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Cottage cheese with a tablespoon or so of preserves. Favorites are strawberry or apricot preserves. Yum~
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Chives.
  • VanillaGorilla808
    VanillaGorilla808 Posts: 51 Member
    I enjoy Cottage Cheese and Salsa when I want lower carb, as well as cottage cheese and various trail mix, or raisins.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    I just spooned a heaping 2T (didn't weigh it) of cottage cheese over a Quaker Oats rice cake (white cheddar flavored). Easily under a 100 calorie snack. And added some fresh ground black pepper. Not bad. This gave me an idea of putting a slice (.75-1.0 oz.) of cheddar cheese on a rice cake and broiling it.
  • hcs00
    hcs00 Posts: 40 Member
    I use it to make dips healthier - well dip mixes are usually high in sodium but it's still better than using mayo. I use my food processor and throw in a thing of 1% fat cottage cheese and some seasonings, dill, celery salt, onion powder, etc. It blends up so creamy you'd swear it was a fatty ranch dressing.
  • purpleteddy83
    purpleteddy83 Posts: 3 Member
    Wow never knew u can eat cottage cheese these ways..:) wow il give them a try thanks for recipes, I usually like mine with bananas & peaches
  • Lynnecow
    Lynnecow Posts: 1 Member
    I make protein pancakes with cottage cheese. Put 2 cups of oats in a blender and blend until fine. Add 2 cups of cottage cheese (I use 1%) and 6 eggs (or combo of eggs/egg whites). add some vanilla and blend to a smooth batter. Cook on a hot griddle like regular pancakes. Makes a yummy breakfast with some fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
  • atalanta7145
    atalanta7145 Posts: 196 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    The Hungarian way, sprinkled with a little sugar (or artificial sweetener) and rolled up in a crepe. Add berries or jam as desired.

My family (Hungarian) always used a little sugar and cinnamon as the crepe filling. It is divine!
  • Mattlou69
    Mattlou69 Posts: 1 Member
    This one is amazing!! 1 300g tub cottage cheese, boil kettle, 1/2 pint boiling water, 1 packet of sugar free jelly mix, add all to blender. Zap away. Pour into container and set in fridge right away. You have a scrummy pud and its like a blamanche. You can swap flavours too. :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    IreneM99 wrote: »
    I usually just mix cottage cheese with a tablespoon of peanut butter but I'm looking for some new ideas :)

Luvs me sum CC. I usually do a dollop of yogurt with some fresh fruit. I also like to do a cottage cheese cheesecake recipe with graham cracker crust, similar to this: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24981/omas-cottage-cheesecake/

• ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    I must be the only one who just eats cottage cheese plain! I love it as long as it's not the nasty low-fat or 2% milk kind. I really can't stomach low-fat dairy. I accidentally bought that last time and had to throw it out.

I am right there with you. I love full fat large curd CC. I usually eat it plain but will add some fresh pineapple on occasions. I have tried making it savory and couldn't do it.
  • dani2277
    dani2277 Posts: 2 Member
    i found a weight watchers recipe suggestion that mixes cottage cheese and tinned salmon to eat on crackers ... it's delicious!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Use it in paneer is sooooo good. If you like indian food...
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Mix in some beetroot and celery, eat directly from the tub as a snack or as a side with something else.
    Plain (with S&P) On salted rice crackers - especially with prawns or smoked salmon.
    Put in a quiche.
  • cottage cheese with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, pineapple or watermelon
    I also use it instead of ricotta in my lasagna
    I like it just plain as well.
  • Indianagal63
    Indianagal63 Posts: 4 Member
    Salsa mixed with cottage cheese is to die for......mmmmm
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    usually eat cottage cheese and various fruits or use it in my salads to make more creamy- delish- but NOW I know - will try some of these awesome ideas-
  • denabrown25
    denabrown25 Posts: 103 Member
    I like to add cottage cheese to scrambled eggs when I cook them.

• ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    I add canned pumpkin, cinnamon and a dash of vanilla. Fake pumpkin pie!