New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Found these little babies at Costco last weekend. I Can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Verdict: They don't taste EXACTLY like you would buy at an Auntie Anne's stand, but they are pretty darn close and worth purchasing if you are a fan of the original. I made mine in the oven per the box recommendations. Other options (like microwave) are available though.

xookjbdhsiol.jpg

Oh nice. I bought the baking mixes from Auntie Anne once. *once*. Because I ended up eating pretty much 3/4 of them (with cinnamon sugar, of course). I did learn that I really suck at making pretzels though, but that they are still pretty damn good when they look like logs.

Although yeah, if they don't come with cinnamon sugar, I'm probably safe (but I do have some in my cupboard. Hmm).
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have a serious soft pretzel problem. I LOVE them. All kinds. Of all the times, I have tried making them from a mix or from scratch, they never turn out right. So, I have given up and try to stick to the boxed kind or the yummy ones you can find at events, malls, etc. My favorite though are the Mickey head shaped ones at Disney World. I love those darn things.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    TARGET FINALLY HAS THE PUMPKIN FIBER ONE BARS I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. Haven't tried them yet, but I had to get that off my chest.<3
    I did try the Pumpkin Puffins cereal though, and was unfortunately unimpressed. It tasted like corn to me, and not much of anything else. I would have never guessed it was pumpkin flavored; while it has a deep orange hue to the cereal, it doesn't even smell like pumpkin!
  • Francl27
    Options
    BTW I still have to go to Auntie Anne's and try those pumpkin spice pretzels.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    I have a serious soft pretzel problem. I LOVE them. All kinds. Of all the times, I have tried making them from a mix or from scratch, they never turn out right. So, I have given up and try to stick to the boxed kind or the yummy ones you can find at events, malls, etc. My favorite though are the Mickey head shaped ones at Disney World. I love those darn things.

My husband and oldest child are soft pretzel fanatics as well. I like them, but for me to really enjoy them they need to be brushed with melted butter and have a liberal sprinkling of rock salt on them, and they need to be accompanied by hot melted cheese to dip them in.... so yeah, I don't go that far at home even if we do find a good frozen option. I did see the Auntie Anne ones at my grocery store last night and started to grab them, but got pretzel dogs instead (my son's favorite and it's his birthday tomorrow).

• Imbmw2
    Imbmw2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will help anyone or not but I found the Kroger Carbmaster yogurt. The regular, not the light. They are very sweet, artificial sweetner. The best part is that they will lower your blood sugar if you are diabetic. All of the flavors are 80 calories but with extremely low carb and sugar content. Also very inexpensive.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My local store got the pumpkin cheesecake yoplait whips in...excited to try!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I have to keep an eye out for the coconut oreos for sure.

Bourbon ice cream... not really my thing, lol. And I avoid B&J anyway because of the crazy calories.

On the Impulsive Buy they gave the Oreos a so-so review.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I seen at Giant they had the Pumpkin Mini Wheats back in stock but I passed since I am not a huge Mini Wheats fan & they also had the Pumpkin Spice Almonds. I was going to buy the Pumpkin Spice Almonds, but not for $3.00 a can.

They also had these Pumpkin Pecans in their store brand that you can microwave, but they didn't have a price so I didn't even bother picking one up.

Today for breakfast I tried the Silk Peach & Mango yogurt & liked it a lot more than the Blueberry flavor.
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    My local store got the pumpkin cheesecake yoplait whips in...excited to try!

Pumpkin cheesecake whips is so good! I like the chiobani pumpkin spice better because I think it has less of a pumpkin-y taste and more pie spice flavor.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Just tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte flavor M&Ms that you can only find at Target & this is definitely a pick up item if you like coffee & pumpkin.

They have so much flavor, which is amazing considering the Pecan Pie ones barely had any.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Imbmw2 wrote: »
    Don't know if this will help anyone or not but I found the Kroger Carbmaster yogurt. The regular, not the light. They are very sweet, artificial sweetner. The best part is that they will lower your blood sugar if you are diabetic. All of the flavors are 80 calories but with extremely low carb and sugar content. Also very inexpensive.
    I prefer their greek yogurt, but I LOVED their CarbMaster milk. It was just too expensive to keep buying on a regular basis.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have to keep an eye out for the coconut oreos for sure.

Bourbon ice cream... not really my thing, lol. And I avoid B&J anyway because of the crazy calories.

On the Impulsive Buy they gave the Oreos a so-so review.
    I saw that! I am interested in the Tastykakes Kandy Cakes

• Francl27
    Options
    I've actually never tried Tastykakes, Little Debbie and the like. Probably a good thing. I like Ettennman's stuff ok but I haven't tried many of them (I do remember a pound cake binge though...). I don't really like those 'little bites' muffins (saw them in pumpkin flavor too).
  • hgycta
    Options
    I just tried Tastykakes' Iced Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes this morning and I was VERY impressed! I tried Little Debbie's Pumpkin Spice Rolls and thought they were good, but lacked pumpkin flavor completely (didn't even have any spices, it was just a regular tasting sweet roll). The Tastykakes, on the other hand, had a dominant spice presence and will put you more in the mindset of spice cake, but does have a slight hint of pumpkin to it. The icing makes it though - it reminded me of some sort of Cinnabon icing!
    I've actually never tried Tastykakes, Little Debbie and the like. Probably a good thing. I like Ettennman's stuff ok but I haven't tried many of them (I do remember a pound cake binge though...). I don't really like those 'little bites' muffins (saw them in pumpkin flavor too).

If you like Entenmann's you need to try their Cheese filled Coffee Crumb Cake (not to be confused with their cheese danish)! Super delicious!
  • hgycta
    Options
    I know I just posted here, but I just tried the Pumpkin Fiber One Bars! OH MY GOODNESS. They are perfect; definitely a MUST buy and MUST stock up item!!! Super flavorful, sweet, and perfect texture. I recommend microwaving it for 10-15 seconds, seriously.
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I know I just posted here, but I just tried the Pumpkin Fiber One Bars! OH MY GOODNESS. They are perfect; definitely a MUST buy and MUST stock up item!!! Super flavorful, sweet, and perfect texture. I recommend microwaving it for 10-15 seconds, seriously.

Yeah they definitely hit the spot. I'll probably buy more before the end of the season.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

If I buy more of them I'll have to microwave it next time.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The blueberry swirl bread was my favorite so far!! Had a ton of blueberry flavor. Also spotted the pumpkin spice Oreos at the store...anyone try these yet?!
    Getting jealous about these fiber one pumpkin bars I can't seem to find.