What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• staylorim
    staylorim Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    After 4 weeks of C25K and only 3 days of IF 16:8, I don't feel like I'm stuffed in my jeans!
  • 7Tamara7
    7Tamara7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all! :smile: I love reading your non-scale victories!

My recent NSVs:
    1. I completed the C25K program! (And I like running now! It's so weird.)
    2. I only have a few clothing items that are "too small," just about everything else fits or is baggy.

I love this thread!
  • MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been going through my wardrobe; there are a few shirts I absolutely love, haven't been wearing because they're getting way to big, but won't donate because I love them. I've decided to make pillows!!

That's brilliant! I love a creative mind!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1. My underwear that is a size 9 that was barely fitting 4 weeks ago....now too baggy.
    2. The other day had to run with my 6 year old to the bathroom at football practice. I usually can only slowly walk and he goes ahead. This time I got ahead of him, slowed down, ran with hime, got to the bathroom -- without my heart rate shooting up or my lungs feeling like they wanted to blow up. That's huge for me...I also have asthma.
    3. TMI - Less gut means less pressure on my bladder, so combined with the surgery to remove massive adhesions, no more leaking urine LOL
    4. For once I had someone ask ME what to do in the weights area *big grin*.
  • kcampbell1969
    kcampbell1969 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I totally needed this one today...I've been feeling very discouraged because I've been following a plan for the last 29 days and my scale has only fluctuated up and down with the same 5 pounds. I've been trying to not let it discourage me like everyone here says, but it's easier said than done. Well, I just had a hair appointment and my stylist totally noticed! He was afraid to say anything in case he was wrong, but it really made my day and gave me the kick I needed to keep at it!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    chunkytfg wrote: »
    I'm a very private person and tend to keep everything locked up in my head in real life. Behind a keyboard though I tend to be fairly open and honest.

Last night however I was able to take a step into the uncomfortable and talk to my girlfriend about how things are going with my weight loss. She has been a massive supporter of me especially with the way MFP works.

After a truely terrible weekend at work where I spent the better part of 2 12 hour shifts trying to eat tesco's out of everything they had with sugar in it I was able to tell her about it and admit my embarrassment for failing so hard and that I felt I had let her down because of all the hard work she had put into helping me.

It was a real weight off my mind and has allowed me to start today with a fresh motivation to move forward and carry on to my ultimate goal. 9.2kg to go.

Good for you! I also struggle with opening up to others and am working on it. Thank you for sharing.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I passed on pizza for salad now that has never happened before:) and I fit into a brookes bro large dress shirt I thought id never wear (as I bought it on a $1 rack hoping one day...) well 3 years later I fit it and... its loose!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Someone brought bags of Sainsbury Taste The Difference Belgian choc cookies into the staffroom yesterday. I walked away from them. Today I am a healthy BMI for the first time in years and 3 days before my 52nd birthday. I am sure there is no direct correlation, but it feels like a reward.
  • athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I struggle with anxiety, and most of yesterday was a bad day. I reeeeally wanted to give in and have a glass or three of wine, but I didn't. Instead, my husband took me out for a healthy lunch, I exercised, and the day ended on a much better note.

And I know this is scale-related, but last week/weekend we spent five days eating and drinking our way around Asheville for my birthday. After four days of drinking water and eating right again, I'm only up a pound and a half. That'll be gone in a week. Score! :)
  • katyjay2014
    katyjay2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can sit cross legged on the floor and *almost* be comfortable. It's the little things that make me happy :)

• samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Got my first real toes to bar
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I finally don't need to lift up my belly flap when tending to grooming my um lady parts!!!!
  • Ldmarcher07
    Ldmarcher07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday around midnight for the last month, I've binged ate at Buffalo Wild Wings on wings and some fried side item. I'd order 20 wings and 2 side items and eat the rest on Sunday. I have done this religiously for the last month.

I DID NOT DO THIS TODAY! TURN UP!!!!
  • Bebejuice
    Bebejuice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My tights are no longer tights. I went jogging tonight and had to keep pulling them up. Lol. :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Bebejuice wrote: »
    My tights are no longer tights. I went jogging tonight and had to keep pulling them up. Lol. :)

:):o:# I hate that. lol
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I cancelled an event for today because I am over committed. :*
  • rglovorn
    rglovorn Posts: 12 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Started at notch one on the belt...now at notch 4. One more notch to go and then time for a new belt! Also, the outfit in my pic has been hanging on my closet door for 3+ years for 'motivation'. I couldn't get the jeans over my hips, the jacket zipped up or the shirt over my chest, but after tracking on MFP for the last 6+ months I can finally wear it :D
  • rglovorn
    rglovorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In addition, I recently had my work health assessment. All my numbers were greatly improved from last year. I no longer have ankle pain, nor are my ankles and feet swollen at the end of the day. And...my 'last straw' for losing weight was GERD...I rarely have to take an antacid and I had to take it daily for the last few years. Yay!
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I just finished week two of the C25k program. I am feeling so STRONG! Man, I love this! Also, bought MEDIUMS at Victoria's Secret. I got the larges and had to take them back for mediums.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am in love with this thread! <3

I've had a couple this past week:

- Went down a band size in bras, 40DD to 40C, which means less back chub!
    - My jeans can now be pulled off without unbuttoning them (Size12)
    - All my work pants fit better. I had to have the buttons sewn back on them a couple months ago, so the extra room is very refreshing

I've been sick for a couple days and unable to workout. It is killing me to be home and not out hiking!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!