Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - GRYFFINDOR

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'm 159.6, that's .2 lbs down from last week.

I didn't do the challenges very well because I was pretty busy, but I'm happy that I didn't gain.

Great job this week, Gryffindors!!! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Food Challenge:
    Try using different herbs, vinegar, citrus juices etc. as your spices instead of soy sauce and other sauces. A salad with either balsamic vinegar or one tbsp olive oil and one tbsp lemon juice is delicious! Add 1/4 cup parmasean cheese and some whole grain crackers as crutons and you have a very healthy and delicious cesar salad! Plain baked chicken with rosemary or red pepper flakes and garlic is delicious also! Experiment a little! :)

Exercise Challenge:
    Try to up the intensity of your workouts 2-3 days this week! If you generally walk, try walking faster for a few minutes or do a little jogging. If you are strength training, try upping the reps some or increasing the weight. Just enough to stress your body a little bit but not to make you super sore. :)
    ______

I'm ready to step up my workouts a bit, so this will be a good start! And I don't use a lot of sauces, but I'm going to try to experiment for fun :)

Shout out your suggestions as you find them, guys! GO Gryffindor!!!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    awesome job so far guys!! I am 180.4 this week..at least it moved, just in the wrong direction :grumble: I started the C25K so hopefully next week I will see the 170s!

Still a lot of people to weigh in! C'mon guys! This is our week!! :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting C25K! :)
  • deepakris
    deepakris Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 131.8 today. C:
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    Weighing in at 2 lbs gained :(
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Sorry for the late report on my weigh-in! I was 162.6 last week, and this morning I weighed in at 160.6! I’ve lost two pounds this week.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    up 1 pound. drat...
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Down 1.2 pounds this week. :smile:
  • pixycats
    pixycats Posts: 62
    Options
    SW: 142
    May 8: 140
    May 15: 138
    May 22: 135.4
    May 29: 133.2
    June 5: 132.0

I'm on vacation this week, so I do not want to know what the scales will look like when I get home. I'm trying to exercise when I can and choose the healthier option at most meals, but it's definitely difficult. If I'm lucky, it won't cause any backsliding.

Hope everyone is happy with their losses! Yay Gryffindor!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm at 177 today. :(
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No loss for me this week :(
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Last week's weight 163.8, this week is 159 :drinker:

This loss was such a shock to me! The other day I weighed myself and it said I had gained 4 lbs since my last weigh in, and just now it said I lost 8 lbs :noway:

I hope nothing's wrong with me! :huh: lol
  • motherinme
    motherinme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Checking in @ 205! That is 1.3 lbs down (I believe) from my last weigh in...YEAH!!!
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late post! I'm housesitting for 2 different places so I'm all over the place this week. :embarassed: And I gained this week! :grumble: I'm up 0.4 from last time.

SW: 159
    May 8: 158
    May 15: 155.8
    May 21: 155
    May 26: 155
    June 5: 155.4

Sorry Gryffindors! I'll kick it up a notch this week! :frown:
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    Great job everyone! Neoashi - Awesome!!! It might be some water retention so you might want to try being a little more consistant with how much water you drink (if you arent already)..that might give you a more consistant number. :)

Still need weights from:
    Picky-Nikki
    Katiejo2011
    Miss KMN
    Pheonixrising11
    Leela30
    kelsue35
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My weight hates me right now. I weighed myself about 2 days ago and I weighed the same, then when I weighted myself today, I gained 3 lbs. I don't understand. I'm doing a terrible job at contributing to Gryffindor's weight loss.
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    Great job Gryffindors! We lost .422% this week! Unless Slytherin does better than that we won this week!! (Or at least we will come in 2nd) AWESOME JOB!! Lets keep up the momentum!!

Don't worry if you had a gain this week (or for a few weeks). Guilt and shame wont help fix it. Tell yourself, "its ok that I gained some, but now is my chance to fix it". :)
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great job Gryffindors! We lost .422% this week! Unless Slytherin does better than that we won this week!! (Or at least we will come in 2nd) AWESOME JOB!! Lets keep up the momentum!!

Don't worry if you had a gain this week (or for a few weeks). Guilt and shame wont help fix it. Tell yourself, "its ok that I gained some, but now is my chance to fix it". :)

GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options

AWESOME JOB EVERYONE!!! :D Let's have a great week! :flowerforyou: